Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

37 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Espo is gone.....new coach here and he is making trades. This one was done today.

Gotcha, thanks.  I knew Espo was gone.  New coach isn't messing around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Realistically, the trades were more than likely initiated by Macon and Roanoke. The Macon coach stated he wanted a player with playoff experience.  Someone with FAY fielded the calls and after asking Haus, McNeil and Drobs what they thought figured why the heck not. Deal. Just my opinion based on the timing of things.

Klecha wanted out and he requested to be traded to Macon. Some people knew this after he got here.....and some Peoria fans on FB confirmed it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Realistically, the trades were more than likely initiated by Macon and Roanoke. The Macon coach stated he wanted a player with playoff experience.  Someone with FAY fielded the calls and after asking Haus, McNeil and Drobs what they thought figured why the heck not. Deal. Just my opinion based on the timing of things.

Might have looked that way, but totally not the way it happened. Klecha had been wanting to be traded since day one in Fayetteville. Played well on the ice but never truly meshed with his teammates off the ice. It happens with every team, no matter the sport.

I am loving the roster moves that are being made - additions of McCormick, Russell, Bauer, Mueller, and possibly more. This year could fun from here on out!

On 2/21/2018 at 1:35 PM, antman said:

Bes always had a team that was really fun to watch, and he had the connections to put sphl quality players on the ice, those critics of him said he could not win the big one since the Antz exited the playoffs rather quickly, but it came down to scoring a goal or two in those games that would have made him a hero in Fayetteville, like him or not, he is a good coach.

There's more to the story with him leaving. Why do you think some of our best players fled to Europe to play verses staying in Fayetteville?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

So who pulled the trigger on the two trades? Was it something Espo put together before Wed. morning, was it the new guy working the phones on the ride up from Florida or did one of the owners make it all happen?  Inquiring minds would like to know.

No. I bet Phil was gone earlier in the week. Probably the new intern coach made them. 

51 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

There's more to the story with him leaving. Why do you think some of our best players fled to Europe to play verses staying in Fayetteville?

That had everything to do with Bes.....nothing to do with the new owners. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

That had everything to do with Bes.....nothing to do with the new owners. 

And there is proof you would like to share ?

15 minutes ago, dnf said:

Go ask any player that returned......heck, go ask the ones that didn't. I don't even know why you would question that statement, we all have already been over this topic before and after the season started.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dnf said:

I won't mention my source but the players had a lot of input to his dismissal. It will happen in Pcola also unless he has changed his coaching style. Do you remember Matt Robertson of the antz? He refused to return after Bes was hired and played in the FHL. How many of our players from last season fled to Europe? If they knew Bes was leaving, they would have stayed. By the time they found out, they were already under contract.

• Like 2

That's right MM3519! The "proof" is in the pudding. When it wasn't immediately announced that Bes was NOT returning, many protected players feared he would still be here - and found other leagues to play in. End of debate. 

Can we let that one go AGAIN and move forward with the new roster moves? Personally, I'm really liking them. Doesn't make one iota's difference who initiated them, finalized them, or the time frame when it happened. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Go ask any player that returned......heck, go ask the ones that didn't. I don't even know why you would question that statement, we all have already been over this topic before and after the season started.

I didn't bring this back up. you and another poster did ... Just asking for a little clarification , as I see where 5-6 players on the 2015-2016 team came back in 2016-2017 to play for Bes , and they did not return for the 2017-2018 year.... If he was an issue then why would they return for that 2nd year ?? And I'm not a Jeff Bes fan , just asking cause the stats don't show what is said on this board ....and pudding is ok but I don't drink Kool Aid ....

2 hours ago, 72Vette said:

I won't mention my source but the players had a lot of input to his dismissal. It will happen in Pcola also unless he has changed his coaching style. Do you remember Matt Robertson of the antz? He refused to return after Bes was hired and played in the FHL. How many of our players from last season fled to Europe? If they knew Bes was leaving, they would have stayed. By the time they found out, they were already under contract.

NAIL OFFICIALLY HIT...on the proverbial head!!!  :clap:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dnf said:

I didn't bring this back up. you and another poster did ... Just asking for a little clarification , as I see where 5-6 players on the 2015-2016 team came back in 2016-2017 to play for Bes , and they did not return for the 2017-2018 year.... If he was an issue then why would they return for that 2nd year ?? And I'm not a Jeff Bes fan , just asking cause the stats don't show what is said on this board ....and pudding is ok but I don't drink Kool Aid ....

Wrong comment, didnt say a thing about "pudding"..... And to answer your question about me bringing up Bes....look at 72vette's comment (Bes is the answer)....even he got this right.

4 hours ago, 72Vette said:

14 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Somebody has to go tomorrow. Too many players on the roster.  Another trade, maybe?  Interesting tidbit -today Dallaire was the player that didn't skate. He and the new coach Bierchen were together in Columbus 2015/16.  That's either good news or bad news for Dallaire.

Edited to add: Just thought of this- I would love to sit down and talk to Bierchen about Shannon Szabados and her time with Columbus in the SP.  

Not sure where u are going with Shannon. Personally, I dont see her as an upgrade in net. She did awful in the short time she wear a Peoria sweater, and that team was a stepup in defense compared to Columbus.

47 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Not sure where u are going with Shannon. Personally, I dont see her as an upgrade in net.

"Improve locker room morale." :cheering:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Bryan Dallaire has been placed on team suspension. It's on transactions now.

The one guy who played with/for the new coach in Columbus? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The one guy who played with/for the new coach in Columbus? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Yes. Bryan Dallaire.

9 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Not sure where u are going with Shannon. Personally, I dont see her as an upgrade in net. She did awful in the short time she wear a Peoria sweater, and that team was a stepup in defense compared to Columbus.

Wow. You truly have the ability to read things into posts that aren't there sometimes.  All I said was I'd love to talk with the new coach about his experience with Szabdos. Nothing more- nothing less.  I said nothing about bringing her back to the SP or if she would be an upgrade or how bad she did with Peoria.  I think a conversation about her time in the SP would be entertaining, exciting, interesting and informative.  Not every comment made on these board is nefarious nor should they be taken that way.  Carry on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Wow. You truly have the ability to read things into posts that aren't there sometimes.  All I said was I'd love to talk with the new coach about his experience with Szabdos. Nothing more- nothing less.  I said nothing about bringing her back to the SP or if she would be an upgrade or how bad she did with Peoria.  I think a conversation about her time in the SP would be entertaining, exciting, interesting and informative.  Not every comment made on these board is nefarious nor should they be taken that way.  Carry on.

It's a gift.....

More changes. Blaszak and Facchini have both been waived. Vinny  Caligiuri signed contract.  He is defense

16 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

More changes. Blaszak and Facchini have both been waived. Vinny  Caligiuri signed contract.  He is defense

Guess his Eliteprospects and Hockeydb pages are incorrect.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=163617

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=173187