Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

Feb. 23

ECHL Transaction :

Fay aquired Miglio's rights with Klecha in the Fay\Peo trade weeks ago that sent Di Salvo and Kalisz to Peoria. Hope he passes waivers.

14 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

SPHL shaved a couple inches off the top and switched him to D. It's a total makeover!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, 72Vette said:

There's more to the story with him leaving. Why do you think some of our best players fled to Europe to play verses staying in Fayetteville?

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, 72Vette said:

I won't mention my source but the players had a lot of input to his dismissal. It will happen in Pcola also unless he has changed his coaching style. Do you remember Matt Robertson of the antz? He refused to return after Bes was hired and played in the FHL. How many of our players from last season fled to Europe? If they knew Bes was leaving, they would have stayed. By the time they found out, they were already under contract.

If Tayler Thompson, Nick Rivait, and Graeme Strukoff hated Bes so bad , then why did they return for the 2016 - 2017 season to play for him after the 2015 - 2106 year, finishing 2nd in the regular season , and then fled to Europe for 2017 - 2018.....Just trying to see the reasoning on this , no ill will intended...........

Interesting trade the Marksmen just made.  Not one I would have expected but at this point why not.

Correction: I didn't see it was another 2 for 1 at first so I'd say it is another good trade at least in quantity. 

Edited by Make Marky GM

7 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

Looks like another trade went down today:

Fayetteville 02/26/18 DEL Robertson, Sean (D) traded to Knoxville
Fayetteville 02/26/18 ADD Flaherty, Anthony (LW) acquired in trade from Knoxville
Fayetteville 02/26/18 ADD Palmer, Tyler (D) acquired in trade from Knoxville

Thank you Roanokehockey. Was driving when transactions went up.

Looks like coach trying to leave his mark so he will be back next season. Fayetteville needs a lot of help to move up to 8th for playoffs. We need Bulls and Dawgs to hit a big losing streak. 

With the three trades so far, losing 3 and gaining 6 can't protect everyone over the off season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Interesting trade the Marksmen just made.  Not one I would have expected but at this point why not.

Correction: I didn't see it was another 2 for 1 at first so I'd say it is another good trade at least in quantity. 

Sean will spend a lot of time in the ECHL. He will be in E camp next season and probably will make a roster. Might be a good move for the coach. The goal is to find skaters who are boarder line E talent. The last 2 coaches were recruiting boarder line SPHL skaters from the FHL. Good move coach!

• Like 5

On 2/23/2018 at 4:57 PM, pitch01 said:

More changes. Blaszak and Facchini have both been waived. Vinny  Caligiuri signed contract.  He is defense

Bennett, Facchini ease back into Wolves lineup in exhibition

By Dan Mount - Watertown Daily Times

WATERTOWN — Chad Bennett and Jesse Facchini were expecting to make their Watertown Wolves returns in the middle of a playoff push against a newly restructured Danville Dashers team Friday.

Instead they played an exhibition game against the Northern Federals, which the Wolves won 10-5, Friday night at the Watertown Municipal Arena.

Facchini is back in Watertown after being loaned out to the Mississippi RiverKings and Fayetteville Marksmen of the Southern Professional Hockey League. The Marksmen are led by former Wolves head coach Phil Esposito.

“There’s a good core group of guys here and we’ve got some solid pieces that are going to help us try to win a championship,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/sports/local-pro-hockey-bennett-facchini-ease-back-into-wolves-lineup-in-exhibition-20180303

1 hour ago, MacGuy said:

They need to get the telegraph lines fixed in Watertown so they can get the news about Phil.