Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

8 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Is "amateur tryout" something new? I haven't seen that before.

The upper leagues uses that term more than the SPHL. An ATO is for rookies/amateurs who has never played a pro game.

Durocher's stats aren't that impressive, but let's hope he surprises us all and does great in a Marksmen jersey! Love seeing all the new college kids this time of year. Helps to push a restart button with some of the regular players too.

3 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Durocher's stats aren't that impressive, 

Other than Hauswirth, none of the rest of the team's players are either:

19 Hauswirth, Jake C 47 21 34 55 -23 36 10 15 2 0 2 250 .084
18 Hill, Jamie RW 31 14 10 24 -26 46 4 6 0 0 3 101 .139
  (TOTALS)   44 15 12 27 -32 48 5 7 0 0 3 120 .125
29 McNeil, Kyle RW 47 15 10 25 -20 75 6 3 2 0 3 114 .132
4 Harris, Ludlow D 46 4 20 24 -15 92 0 4 1 2 0 113 .035
21 Flaherty, Anthony LW 3 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 6 .000
  (TOTALS)   37 9 12 21 -8 31 2 5 0 0 0 65 .138
24 Palmer, Tyler D 3 1 1 2 -8 2 1 1 0 0 0 13 .077
  (TOTALS)   34 4 11 15 -1 31 1 1 0 0 0 64 .063
27 Russell, Paul LW 6 1 0 1 -5 0 0 0 0 0 0 21 .048
  (TOTALS)   43 6 6 12 -9 12 0 0 0 0 0 111 .054
14 Mueller, Mitchell LW 5 1 2 3 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 14 .071
  (TOTALS)   24 5 7 12 -13 35 4 2 0 0 0 67 .075
20 Bauer, Ben D 5 1 1 2 +2 6 0 1 0 0 0 11 .091
  (TOTALS)   40 3 6 9 -1 32 0 1 0 1 0 45 .067
11 Fiorentino, Tommy RW 20 4 2 6 -15 12 2 1 0 0 0 42 .095
  (TOTALS)   29 4 4 8 -15 22 2 1 0 0 0 56 .071
44 Campagna, Brad D 29 3 2 5 -23 104 0 1 0 0 0 47 .064
13 Drobot, Brad LW 44 1 2 3 -20 198 0 0 0 0 0 32 .031
7 Chaika, Kirill D 31 1 2 3 -10 14 0 0 0 0 0 21 .048
5 Badger, Ryan C 22 0 3 3 -8 10 0 0 0 0 0 34 .000
16 Greco, Carl D 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
91 Caligiuri, Vinny D 5 0 0 0 -5 5 0 0 0 0 0 5 .000
79 Henley, Troy D 4 0 0 0 -3 15 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
12 Mahoney, Thomas C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
17 Durocher, Trent LW 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

The players we decide to protect needs to join theAIHL for the off season to work on thier skills. Except Jake of course. :2thumbsup:

3 hours ago, 72Vette said:

This guy is available? Ok numbers last season but could be better in SPHL. Coach should be watching the ECHL transitions.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=46007

instead he's, :yikes:

Omg!  What is that coach thinking?  He actually looks like he’s enjoying himself and making videos that are entertaining.  Why would anyone in minor pro hockey EVER do anything that would actually entertain anyone?   I’m calling the front office and DEMAND he be fired !   The audacity of these people in The Marksmen organization, trying to make entertaining videos that people actually enjoy.  I am SO DISAPPOINTED.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 72Vette said:

This guy is available? Ok numbers last season but could be better in SPHL. Coach should be watching the ECHL transitions.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=46007

instead he's, :yikes:

I'm a little surprised, I'm sure he will land somewhere. Collins is now eligible for waivers.....released by Orlando today (3-14-18).

https://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-14-2018

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Mar. 19

Fayetteville Henley, Troy (D) placed on waivers
Fayetteville Badger, Ryan (C) placed on waivers

That leaves Kirill Chalka, Jamie Hill and Tommy Fiorentino as the only skaters left that were acquired during the Esposito reign.  Kirill and Hill were scratches both Friday and Sat. nights.  Fiorentino took advantage of the benefits of being on the Hauswirth line.

In all fairness to Espo the Director of Hockey Ops was on board until the end of the calendar year and we as fans have no way of knowing who was responsible for player acquistions up to the time of the Dir of Ops departure.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

That leaves Kirill Chalka, Jamie Hill and Tommy Fiorentino as the only skaters left that were acquired during the Esposito reign.  Kirill and Hill were scratches both Friday and Sat. nights.  Fiorentino took advantage of the benefits of being on the Hauswirth line.

We should keep Hill. He is a big asset in the shootout. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

We should keep Hill. He is a big asset in the shootout. 

He does seem to have some ability. Right now he's on my protected list.  Anyone know if Hill is injured or if the coach sat him last weekend to give the new guys a look?

15 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

He does seem to have some ability. Right now he's on my protected list.  Anyone know if Hill is injured or if the coach sat him last weekend to give the new guys a look?

My guess is playing time for college guys.

Hill and Chaika were healthy scratches. Badger still had a sore shoulder. Yes, Hill should for sure be protected...along with Hauswirth, Drobot, Campagna, Fiorentino, Palmer, Flaherty, Harris Jr., Bauer, Greco, Spano (don't shoot me), and possibly Schiavo (if he doesn't get protected in ECHL).

17 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Hill and Chaika were healthy scratches. Badger still had a sore shoulder. Yes, Hill should for sure be protected...along with Hauswirth, Drobot, Campagna, Fiorentino, Palmer, Flaherty, Harris Jr., Bauer, Greco, Spano (don't shoot me), and possibly Schiavo (if he doesn't get protected in ECHL).

Thats pretty much the whole team that cant get it done now?  Sounds like a great start to another great season next year.---

• Like 1

We have 19 on the roster. We have to protect 13. I listed 11, possibly 12 with Schiavo. Who would you protect? Only Hill, Fiorentino, and Spano were Espo signings from my list.

Those choices are pretty much the only choices but still makes one wonder why next year would be much different than this. I would bet if Espo was still there and givin the choice there would be a total team turnover with very few returning, Right choice? Wrong choice? Who knows but its obvious it wont matter what man sits behind this group, They just cant?dont play well together. Espo wanted to pull more FHL guys and had his hands tied and some on here even bitched but look at Peoria taking the Watertown young goalie and has like a 1.4 goal against in his first 6-7 games? Look at Roanoke coming out of the basement with many FHL pickups?  Cant get much worse then this year i suppose? 

4 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

We have 19 on the roster. We have to protect 13. I listed 11, possibly 12 with Schiavo. Who would you protect? Only Hill, Fiorentino, and Spano were Espo signings from my list.

I would also protect the guys we have playing in the ECHL. Next season they may or may not make a roster spot. If they do, we own thier rights if they get waived. Coach should contact them to see what thier plans are for next season to see if they are planning on playing or retiring. The big mistake we made before agreeing to a trade with Bes in Pcola. Those guys were not planning on returning to the SPHL. We will probably loose Tayler Thompson. He has to had to sign and play at least one game this season to be protected.

15 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Mar. 19

Fayetteville Henley, Troy (D) placed on waivers
Fayetteville Badger, Ryan (C) placed on waivers

Travis Jeke waived ECHL transaction.

Our ECHL players (not counting the recently waived Jeke) are Schiavo, McCormick, Miglio, Wood and Cook.  If after talking to these 5 and getting a feel that they would play in the SP if they didn't stick with an ECHL next fall I would protect all 5.  You need players on the team that have the talent to play at the next level. If they stick all year at the higher level then good for them.  If these 5 are protected that would leave 8 spots for the 19 on the roster currently plus 2 other players we have rights to Jeke and Patterson -- so I guess it's 8 spots for 21 players currently under contract or holding their rights.

I'd think Hauswirth and Harris from a pure talent perspective would be protected. Mueller and Fiorentino could develop into better players going into their 3rd year in the league.  The speed Russell has is hard to find.  Palmer, Flaherty and Hill would be my other 3.  Maybe protect Jeke over Flaherty?  Bauer would be next in line to protect.  The college guys and Drobot (if the coach feels the need for an enforcer) should be available to sign as free agents during camp.  I don't know the free agency rules but I think even if a player isn't protected they could still come back as a free agent as Max Cook did this past year.

I'm just a casual fan with no insider knowledge of who Is or is not a cancer in the locker room or who is a good guy or whatever.  I'll assume the coach will weed out the undesirables.