Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Fayetteville 12/8/17 7pm et

14 posts in this topic

First game of away/home games for the Dawgs on back to back nights on Friday and Saturday with Fayetteville.  Good chance for either team to pull ahead and take control of the final playoff spot.  Roanoke's going in with a 4-7-2 record.  Fayetteville 4-9-3.  Dawgs currently 1 point behind the Marksmen with 3 less games played.  Very big games for both teams.  Dawgs have a 1-2-0 record so far against the Marksmen.  Fayetteville will also be coming in with a new coach.  I look for them to be alot better then last week with some good practice time with Esposito.  Should be a great weekend of hockey!  Go Dawgs!

Pregame Notes

SPHL Scoreboard

Game Live

Dawgs Live Audio Mixlr

Watch Dawgs Live Neulion $7.99

Awards

Awards

Anybody else wish they had the option of listening to Brian Gardner call the game on SPHL Live?  After listening to him call a game, everybody else puts me to sleep!

Awards

This is crazy.  It looks like Barone is the only Dawg playing tonight.  Ridiculous!!!

Awards

Well, tonight Barone was all we needed.  What an effort.

I'm not sure Roanoke actually deserved the win, but we desperately needed it, so let's take it and get out of town.

All i can say is wow.  Have no clue how we were even in that game.  Barone had to stand on his head the whole game.  Everybody on the team should buy him a beer or dinner.

• Like 1

Awards

2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Anybody else wish they had the option of listening to Brian Gardner call the game on SPHL Live?  After listening to him call a game, everybody else puts me to sleep!

Actually you can.  The team is sending him to all the away games this year.

When you are watching the video, there's is a box at the bottom of the screen that defaults to "home," but if you hit the drop down menu, "away" is also an option so that's where you can find Brian.  Tonight there was some audio difficulty in the first period, but they eventually got it solved although I hate the delay between the video and the audio.

• Thanks 1

Great, im glad you told me.  Go back and watch it with the away audio.  The announcers were making my blood boil.  When the puck trickled by and went in the goal they didnt even call it a goal.  I was cussing the refs until Fayetteville's last player went and they finally said they needed it to tie the game.  I thought they might have blown the whistle and play was dead.  Also, they didnt say why the one goal didnt count and refs called it off.  Did it not go in or what was with that?

Awards

One more question.  Where was Phil Bronner at?  Any mention why he wasnt playing?

Awards

55 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

One more question.  Where was Phil Bronner at?  Any mention why he wasnt playing?

Radio feed said he was injured and didn't make the trip, said until more tests were done they didn't know exactly how serious the injury is and didn't say what the injury was.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Great, im glad you told me.  Go back and watch it with the away audio.  The announcers were making my blood boil.  When the puck trickled by and went in the goal they didnt even call it a goal.  I was cussing the refs until Fayetteville's last player went and they finally said they needed it to tie the game.  I thought they might have blown the whistle and play was dead.  Also, they didnt say why the one goal didnt count and refs called it off.  Did it not go in or what was with that?

I was right there with you on the puck that trickled in.  With the audio delay, it seemed like forever before Brian called it a goal.

On the goal that was waved off earlier, Brian said that was a good call.  One of the Dawgs had interfered with the Fayetteville goalie and prevented him from getting to the puck.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

I was right there with you on the puck that trickled in.  With the audio delay, it seemed like forever before Brian called it a goal.

On the goal that was waved off earlier, Brian said that was a good call.  One of the Dawgs had interfered with the Fayetteville goalie and prevented him from getting to the puck.

It seemed like it took forever for the puck to go in.  I was waiting Patterson to pounce on it but never did.

Awards

12 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

That is absolutely correct. I was sitting with a friend at Patterson's end of the ice. Patterson went to one side of the net to get to the puck.....dawg's player basically ran him over knocking him down and he ended up behind the net....by the time the puck was shot into the net Patterson had just got around the net and entering into the crease....had no chance at stopping it. Good call.

Awards