Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

New Coach Making Trades

22 posts in this topic

Looks like you guys have traded (LW) Shane Bennett and (D) Cody Walsh to the Mississippi Riverkings for (RW) Jamie Hill.  In another trade you guys get (G) Kent Patterson from Pensacola for future considerations.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/transactions.html?leagueid=215&seasonid=17323

Awards

Bennett's stats are better than Hill's.....

4th goalie on roster.....wouldnt be surprised if we have 18 goalies at end of the season.

Overall grade : :thumbdown:

Screenshot_2017-12-06-17-11-58.png

Update : I see Zola and Santa have been waived.

• Like 1

Awards

Just checking out your roster.  You guys have 4 goalies now?  New coach trying out a new strategy as using goalies as defensemen?

Awards

Zenzola and  Santiguida were released

Awards

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye34 said:

Zenzola and  Santiguida were released

I see that in Fayetteville press release.  Didnt say anything about it on transactions page.  Patterson looks like a good veteran goalie.  They made him out to be the prize, while just barely mentioning the other trade.

http://marksmenhockey.com/news/marksmen-deal-for-patterson/

Awards

Getting rid of Bennett, big mistake, we still need 2 decent defensemen

Awards

1 minute ago, antman said:

Getting rid of Bennett, big mistake, we still need 2 decent defensemen

Maybe thats why they didnt mention the other trade.  Unless another press release is coming.

Awards

I would like to see Zenzola get a shot in Macon.

Awards

is there any chance of Drobot ever getting traded or released?  I still don't know what value he brings to the team.  

Awards

Drobot never getting traded. Same for Hauswirth. Bennett was a "solo minded" player, produced well but had some other issues. Walsh will be an asset to any team playing AGAINST Mississippi. Not a benefit to their defense.

• Like 1

Awards

Him and Ludlow Harris intimidates Roanoke and makes them skate real fast back to the bench wanting no piece of them.  Drobot took on Chris Kravtchouk in the first game of the season.  Beat him pretty good.  Enough to make him refuse to go again in one of the later games.  Ludlow Harris punked out Mike Moroso calling him chicken while flapping his arms.  Moroso must be a lover not a fighter, he high tailed it off the ice.  In his defense Mitchell Mueller later challenged Harris but he refused.  All the toughness has about evaporated from the league, or half the league.  With Roanoke losing Jeremy Beirnes to the ECHL.  Mississippi's Tyler Barr retiring to be a coach.  But I believe thats why you guys have our number.   Fayetteville plays a physical game usually.  While we have veered off since last year to being a more finesse team.  Id say our most physical player is our smallest and fastest guy on the ice Paul Russell.  Love to watch him play.  Definately my favorite player to watch.  But im sure the Roanoke fans would love to have a Drobot on the team.  Im sure he would take up for his teammates and his goalies.  Which is non existant so far with Roanoke this year.

2 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

is there any chance of Drobot ever getting traded or released?  I still don't know what value he brings to the team.  

• Like 1

Awards

I would not mind the Dawgs grabbing Zenzola.

I'm glad to see they are willing to make changes. Last year's team was bad until they made several player changes.  Peoria just lost Parks to the ECHL. Now watch Zenzola go to Peoria and it turn into another Kyle Rank story.

*Campagna didn't play for Reading last night. They added a 7th D-man to their roster and only used 5 D-men in the game so maybe he'll be returned to FAY soon.

Edited by dennis07
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dennis07 said:

I'm glad to see they are willing to make changes. Last year's team was bad until they made several player changes.  Peoria just lost Parks to the ECHL. Now watch Zenzola go to Peoria and it turn into another Kyle Rank story.

*Campagna didn't play for Reading last night. They added a 7th D-man to their roster and only used 5 D-men in the game so maybe he'll be returned to FAY soon.

A good defense can make great goalies.....after all Zola was behind a very good defense in Pensacola before coming here.....and as you mentioned (Rank)....he did good here before one of the worse (if not the worst) trades in Fayetteville history took place (Bonar for nothing is up there too), then became GOTY in Peoria. So he could if signed there......

Where Zola signs is in the air at this time.....Pensacola is probably the front runners since that's where he played before.....Peoria could be good, but once Parks returns Zola would probably be looking for another team.....Macon fans have showed interest. I wonder if Kerr would want him.....Roanoke has a good tandem, but might give him a shot....remember Kruger? lmao Would he help MRK? How good is Rutledge? 

Awards

19 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Unfortunately he was signed with Peoria earlier this season.

Update : Fortman claimed off waivers by Rapid City.....

Screenshot_2017-12-07-16-18-42.png

Screenshot_2017-12-07-16-19-05.png

2 hours ago, dennis07 said:

Geoff Fortman was claimed by another ECHL team off waivers.  Look who is on waivers now. Only the 2nd best goalie in the SPHL last year, Strom Phaneuf (G). https://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-dec-7-2017

I believe I saw that somewhere......

What's good on one team doesn't translate as good with another team. Maybe another case of Matt Zenzola here? Storm was with Peoria last year.....??? Peoria has always had a good defense.

Awards

4 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

I believe I saw that somewhere......

What's good on one team doesn't translate as good with another team. Maybe another case of Matt Zenzola here? Storm was with Peoria last year.....??? Peoria has always had a good defense.

But, was he on their protected list. If not, he can sign with any team.

Edited by 72Vette

Awards

7 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

But, was he on their protected list. If not, he can sign with any team.

I didnt say he was protected......and I didnt say he couldn't sign here.....

Yes he was protected......other wise I'm sure Birmingham would have drafted him over M. Parks......

Awards