Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Roster Moves

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, robard said:

I don't think the Dawgs are being unprofessional or shady. Bremner is trying to assemble a winning team. Spraggs played a part in that but it seems that he didn't fit with what Bremner wanted anymore so the coach tries to find a player that will work better. He keeps Spraggs because it's late in the season and not many options are out there. Coach finds someone and then has to release a player. It's a business...if the team doesn't win there will be no team. Bremner is their coach, not their friend. Maybe they could have handled it differently and I am sure that is frustrating as a player and a family member but this is minor league hockey and players are moved so often so, while it is shocking and annoying it really should not be that surprising. Bottom line: Bremner is here to win games and is going to do what is best for the team.

If bremner is not their friend why does he keep calling up his friends.... awkward, but hey it's been working so I can't complain too much. Interested to see what happens next season when he can form his own team rather than fix what Sam had

Edited by RailYardDawgsFan2016

5 hours ago, RailYardDawgsFan2016 said:

If bremner is not their friend why does he keep calling up his friends.... awkward, but hey it's been working so I can't complain too much. Interested to see what happens next season when he can form his own team rather than fix what Sam had

He isn't calling up his friends. He is getting players that he knows will play well under his system. Based on all the interviews he is a no-nonsense coach and has one goal--to make a successful hockey team.