Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Roster Moves

121 posts in this topic

Hopefully he passes thru waivers. 

Anthony Parisi activated off IR and placed on waivers.

13 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Anthony Parisi activated off IR and placed on waivers.

Are we expecting anyone back or was this done because there wasn't any room to take him back off ir? Also it looks like the reading goalie got called up again today, think they'll take Barone again?

9 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Are we expecting anyone back or was this done because there wasn't any room to take him back off ir? Also it looks like the reading goalie got called up again today, think they'll take Barone again?

There was no place for Parisi, unless they waived someone else.  I seen that call up.  I believe they just got Barone because they were playing 2 games in Norfolk and needed one in the last minute and Roanoke is the closest team to try to get one from.  I could be wrong though, im sure Barone would play well for them.  Very good defensive team.  Whoever goes there will probably just be an ebug just like Barone was.

7 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

There was no place for Parisi, unless they waived someone else.  I seen that call up.  I believe they just got Barone because they were playing 2 games in Norfolk and needed one in the last minute and Roanoke is the closest team to try to get one from.  I could be wrong though, im sure Barone would play well for them.  Very good defensive team.  Whoever goes there will probably just be an ebug just like Barone was.

Do you think Bremner has his sights on an enforcer to protect some of these guys? 

35 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Do you think Bremner has his sights on an enforcer to protect some of these guys? 

Probably, I figure that was half the reason he got Parisi.  Parisi had the balls to take on two of the leagues best enforcers in Drobot and Sicard.  Just let his nose get broken against Drobot.  Im pretty sure if he did it would be someone like Beirnes who could hold his own on a line and have a regular shift.  Its already to hard to keep a full roster as it is now to just get a one dimensional player.  We have a full roster now but played all 3 of the games this week a player short with 15.  After the first period of the Friday game Gustaffson left and didnt return which had us playing 2 down with 14 of Friday night's game.  On the other hand the team is playing so well im not sure if we got one, who we would want to get rid of.

Gandara should be back skating this week and Rowland should be close to skating as well. Really want to see if Rowland can help our D become more effective. We did not get to see much of him before he got hurt. Plus a different coach will help him, too.

Gandara isn't on IR, but Rowland is and when he is activated somebody else will need to be waived or put on IR to create a spot for him.

19 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

As per Norfolk, Mitch Mueller waived today. May be on his way back to the Dawgs?

Wonder who is going to lose a roster spot if he comes back. Gonna have to trade or waive someone to have a spot for him. With the way the team has been playing the past 2 weeks, I can see them possibly trading Mueller for future considerations.

11 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

Wonder who is going to lose a roster spot if he comes back. Gonna have to trade or waive someone to have a spot for him. With the way the team has been playing the past 2 weeks, I can see them possibly trading Mueller for future considerations.

I would say possibly Cole, with the playoffs in reach you can't afford not to take Mueller back

While Cole isn't really scoring a ton for us, he does bring aggressive play and is pretty good being where he is supposed to be disrupting rush's. Like Mueller's size but I don't know how well he is going to fit into Bremer's system yet. I would rather have had Vandergunst sent back down, I think Bremners style fits him perfectly.

Edited by PlayaHtr

12 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

While Cole isn't really scoring a ton for us, he does bring aggressive play and is pretty good being where he is supposed to be disrupting rush's. Like Mueller's size but I don't know how well he is going to fit into Bremer's system yet. I would rather have had Vandergunst sent back down, I think Bremners style fits him perfectly.

Vandergunst would be huge right now, we need an enforcer in a bad way

37 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Vandergunst would be huge right now, we need an enforcer in a bad way

I totally agree!!

Tough calls for Coach Bremner. Brian Rowland also skated today in full gear for the first time in a while. First big decisions for the coach as far as roster is concerned. Gandara skated today also.

5 hours ago, PlayaHtr said:

I had the same thoughts about Murray, but he seems just fine. 

3 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I had the same thoughts about Murray, but he seems just fine. 

Murry is probably the most skilled player on the roster, I was concerned with about the physical part but he is finishing checks on both ends of the ice. The 3 games I seen Vandergunst this year really impressed me with his footwork and skating and puck handling surprised me. With Knoxville last year he was nothing but a pure goon. Vandergunst and Murray are 2 players that are ECHL quality players just need to find the right time to stick with. 

1 minute ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Feb. 15

Roanoke Mueller, Mitchell (LW) returned from loan to ECHL Norfolk
Roanoke Gustafsson, John (LW) placed on 21 day IR

I had a feeling that was what was going to happen. The good thing about this is it gives coach a chance to see how Mueller will do with his system without having to sacrifice a proven commodity to make roster room for him.

• Like 2