Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Roster Moves

277 posts in this topic

Did the guys stay in Florida or did they come home?? They probably have no where to practice.  The schedule does not get any easier. 

1 minute ago, richard 76 said:

Did the guys stay in Florida or did they come home?? They probably have no where to practice.  The schedule does not get any easier. 

They left Mississippi last night and headed for Nashville, I'm fairly certain they're staying on the road due to no ice here in Roanoke.

Actually there is ice in Roanoke.  They put boards down for the boat show this weekend and I heard one of the Berglund Center maintenance crew talking about taking it up so the Dawgs could practice this week. They did stop off in Nashville, but I think they are coming home for a day or two this week.

Awards Earned

According to the BC website the Dawgs will practice on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then will practice on  March 5 and 6. The ice will be removed on the 6th after practice and will be rebuilt on the 12th.

Edited by Onetimer
  • Like 1

Trade deadline came and went with no moves. I was looking for a move, but not really surprised one never occurred. I have to trust Bremner has a grasp on what he is doing. Great so far!

Per the Dawgs Blog, the team got back to Roanoke at 7:00 tonight and will practice at 10:00 am Tuesday in the Berglund Center.

Awards Earned

Yep. I hope Zilla can get up to play his former team and have two solid performances in Pensacola this weekend. 

47 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Yep. I hope Zilla can get up to play his former team and have two solid performances in Pensacola this weekend. 

I was at all 3 games this past weekend in Fayetteville vs Pensacola.  Pensy didn't show a lot on offense except for Thurs. morning when they had the power play going. #10 Milan, their mouthy little guy is the best offensive player they have. The program shows him at 5' 8" but he is more like 5'5".  Difieil is the real deal in goal for them. He wasn't tested a great deal but when he was he was more than up to the task.  League goal scoring leader McCormick had 2 break-away chances in 2 nights and got stuffed by Difeil both times.  You guys are in for a battle, especially being on the road but if Zola does his part there is no reason ROA can't take them both.

I would assume he will miss at least both games against Pensacola this weekend.

I am inclined to believe there will be a few more roster moves before we play Pensacola Friday.

11 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I am inclined to believe there will be a few more roster moves before we play Pensacola Friday.

Why's that?

4 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

That is two...maybe two more?

So, what do you think happens next

A goalie needs to be signed to back up Zenzola. Rowland is also very close to finishing up his (hopefully) final 30 day IR stay. I think Gustafsson is about a week away. Needless to say, I will be watching the transaction wire closely the next two evenings.

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Coach Bremner makes decisions on who goes and who stays.

...yes. And his decision making has been spot on since taking the helm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Coach Bremner makes decisions on who goes and who stays.

No way?

On 2/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, HockeyRoanoke said:

I'm going to assume that's temporary since Greenville is in Florida this weekend as well

This one has me a bit more worried.  Greenville already has two goalies.  They had to put Greg Dodds on reserve to sign Barone and have him in games this weekend.  So either Dodds is got a little injury, sickness, or Greenville is thinking about another option in goal.  Nothing is mentioned about Dodds that I can find.

• Like 1

Awards Earned