Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Roster Moves

Travis Armstrong loaned to Adirondack of the ECHL.

This transaction still isn't showing up anywhere except the SPHL transaction page, but the ECHL page is showing Adirondack acquiring D man Blake Thompson from Cincinnati so I wonder if maybe they didn't change their mind when Thompson became an option.

Edited by vicvegas

The ECHL can be very slow about updating their roster moves. Recent example: Justin Macdonald's call-up hit the SPHL transactions on 12/10, but didn't show until yesterday's (12/12) report for ECHL.

I selfishly wish Blake's name was showing up as returning to Evansville though. He looked really good in his 8 games with the team this year.

Mitchell Mueller loaned to ECHL Norfolk

Mitch Vandergunst loaned to ECHL Norfolk.  That means Travis Armstrong, Mitchell Mueller, and Mitch Vandergunst is on call ups.  All of our toughness.  If we dont get any back by this weekend we might be playing patty cake lol.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/roanokerailyarddawgs/news-1147

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Mitch Vandergunst loaned to ECHL Norfolk.  That means Travis Armstrong, Mitchell Mueller, and Mitch Vandergunst is on call ups.  All of our toughness.  If we dont get any back by this weekend we might be playing patty cake lol.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/roanokerailyarddawgs/news-1147

Vandergunst can't play dead.  Why in the world would he get called up?  He's a faux tough guy anyway.  His value is the entertainment brought on by the stupidity of his jumping of non-wiling combatants.

30 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Vandergunst can't play dead.  Why in the world would he get called up?  He's a faux tough guy anyway.  His value is the entertainment brought on by the stupidity of his jumping of non-wiling combatants.

So far he hasnt did anything detrimental to the team.  He actually been playing pretty well.  3 games he has had 2 assists and definately brought some toughness to the team.  If you check out Norfolk, all of the fans are talking about how soft the team is.  They just stole all of our toughness.

• Like 1

And lost Colin Murray added to Wheeling's roster today.

Bringing in the coach right.  Going to have to sign half a team before his first game.

22 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Signed (RW) Matt Beer

Mmmmm, Beer!

7 minutes ago, Onetimer said:

Mmmmm, Beer!

lmao i wonder how much that one will go for at a jersey auction?

27 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

lmao i wonder how much that one will go for at a jersey auction?

Should ask Fred.....he loves beer....will it be $2 night every night as long as Matt Beer is in town?

Vandergunst with a goal in his first ECHL game

43 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Vandergunst with a goal in his first ECHL game

A blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn. Mitch's SPHL stats, courtesy of pointstreak.com/hockey"- 2 goals over his 1+ year career in the league: 

YEAR TEAM Lge. GP G A PTS +/- PIM PP PPA SH SHA GWG SHOTS S%
REGULAR SEASON
2017/2018 Roanoke SPHL 3 0 2 2 -1 9 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
2017/2018 Pensacola SPHL 6 0 0 0 -2 16 0 0 0 0 0 3 .000
2016/2017 Knoxville SPHL 17 2 3 5 +2 75 0 0 0 0 0 10 .200
2016/2017 Mississippi RiverKings SPHL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
2016/2017 Roanoke SPHL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
TOTALS: 26 2 5 7 -1 100 0 0 0 0 0 14 .143

3 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Should ask Fred.....he loves beer....

But he HATES game-worn jerseys.  Don't get him started.

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

A blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn. Mitch's SPHL stats, courtesy of pointstreak.com/hockey"- 2 goals over his 1+ year career in the league: 

YEAR TEAM Lge. GP G A PTS +/- PIM PP PPA SH SHA GWG SHOTS S%
REGULAR SEASON
2017/2018 Roanoke SPHL 3 0 2 2 -1 9 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
2017/2018 Pensacola SPHL 6 0 0 0 -2 16 0 0 0 0 0 3 .000
2016/2017 Knoxville SPHL 17 2 3 5 +2 75 0 0 0 0 0 10 .200
2016/2017 Mississippi RiverKings SPHL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
2016/2017 Roanoke SPHL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
TOTALS: 26 2 5 7 -1 100 0 0 0 0 0 14 .143

On the best streak of his career since coming to Roanoke.  Maybe he has been practicing.  4 games 1 goal 2 assists.

I know he has made some stupid penalties over the past 2 years, but he started to win me over in just 3 games in Roanoke, he is a pretty good skater and pretty heady player when he's focused on playing hockey. He has ECHL talent if he gets the mental part down and is smart about when to drop the gloves so it doesn't hurt his team he could very well stick up there.

5 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Should ask Fred.....he loves beer....will it be $2 night every night as long as Matt Beer is in town?

Its $2 beer here all the time until the puck drops.  Then you see everybody with 1 in each hand.  :2thumbsup:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

I know he has made some stupid penalties over the past 2 years, but he started to win me over in just 3 games in Roanoke, he is a pretty good skater and pretty heady player when he's focused on playing hockey. He has ECHL talent if he gets the mental part down and is smart about when to drop the gloves so it doesn't hurt his team he could very well stick up there.

I agree, how everyone talked I thought he was a tough guy with bad discipline and low hockey skills.  He made a believer out of me, he skates well and no bad penalties.  Not a bad shot and he wasnt afraid to crash the net.  Kind of reminded me of Jeremy Beirnes who is still currently in the ECHL.

• Like 1

Better skater than Beirnes though.

Boys left on the bus at midnight...14 skaters and two goalies...maybe Bremner has some guys in mind up that way that he knows so we can skate with a full 16 this weekend? I do believe most teams are feeling the call up blues right now. It does not help that Tatrn has not been skating either.