Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

HockeyRoanoke

Was told today (Lancerlot ice)

That the Lancerlot has begun preparations to install a new ice rink in the next few months. The track will remain but boards and ice will be put down in place of the basketball court, indoor soccer court and tennis court.

If this indeed is for real, it would be a major boost to local hockey.  Have needed a second sheet of ice since the Ice Station closed. 

I have heard the same rumors lately. Hopefully where there is smoke, there is fire.

• Like 1

Ive heard the same rumors.  Was waiting for something official before saying anything.  This isnt the first time this rumor has been going around.

• Like 1

Yes!  Bring back the Virginia Lancers and move the games to the Lancer Lot!!!!  I remember going to a game at the Lancer Lot back, way back, during the 1989-90 season and it was an awesome venue.  Those were some awesome times!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Yes!  Bring back the Virginia Lancers and move the games to the Lancer Lot!!!!  I remember going to a game at the Lancer Lot back, way back, during the 1989-90 season and it was an awesome venue.  Those were some awesome times!!!!!!!

It will only serve as a practice facility for the RYD but will be even more important to Valley Youth Hockey and VT Hockey

• Like 1

I really like how the Roanoke Valley Rebels logo is still on the wall outside of the main building.

• Like 1

The place I fell in love with Hockey, will never forget the 86-87 season and the my 1st favorite hockey players, Serge and Mario Roberge!!

22 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

The place I fell in love with Hockey, will never forget the 86-87 season and the my 1st favorite hockey players, Serge and Mario Roberge!!

Pete DeArmas, Dana Demole, Tortorella behind the bench. Game 7 versus Mohawk Valley, standing room only.

• Like 1