Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
antman

Blasted at home 7 - 3

10 posts in this topic

Another great effort to say the least, blasted at home by Roanoke, are you kidding me, also they should use Zenzola every time we play them, remember we could not beat him last year. Who in the hell is responsible for assembling this group he should be fired immediately, other teams made moves to improve, we did not other than taking in more castoffs or fhl rejects. Also my nomination for bust of the year goes to Chris Porter, totally worthless in my mind. Also waiting for Drobot to get that second goal. smh

• Like 1

Awards

5 minutes ago, antman said:

Another great effort to say the least, blasted at home by Roanoke, are you kidding me, also they should use Zenzola every time we play them, remember we could not beat him last year. Who in the hell is responsible for assembling this group he should be fired immediately, other teams made moves to improve, we did not other than taking in more castoffs or fhl rejects. Also my nomination for bust of the year goes to Chris Porter, totally worthless in my mind. Also waiting for Drobot to get that second goal. smh

We are pathetic. This team belongs in the FHL and not in the SPHL. Spoke to a handful of STH's and they are not renewing their tickets for next season. I'm thinking the same after tonight's game. I don't know where to begin with all the issues we have. The new owners have no clue on how to run a team in this league. We have a coach from the FHL, players and recruiting from junior hockey leagues. We will end up in last place this season. We may be the next team to fold. I can't this ownership lasting after signing a 5 year contract with the crown. 

• Like 3

Awards

As of now I will not be renewing my 3 seats next year either. If I hadn't already paid for this year's I would not be going to watch this crap. Yea the intermission events are entertaining but I go to watch a hockey game and what is being put on the ice is a joke. Every d man except Jr should be cut. Feel sorry for the FEW guys on the team that belong here gonna be a long season for them

• Like 1

Awards

This organization is a complete joke!  Mazzolini was 3-7-1 when he was fired but yet Esposito is 2-7-2.  Someone had said in a previous thread that it goes beyond wins and losses.  Uh, last time I checked, the object of hockey is to win games.  Also, the goals scored is down since Esposito took over and goals allowed is up.  Let me guess, we need to give him a chance.  Yeah, the same 11 games that Mazzolini got.  There are reasons why Esposito was in the FHL for so long without moving up to at least the SPHL.  One would think that the ownership would be a lot more selective in hiring a new coach since they only gave Mazzolini 11 games.  How much longer will Esposito get?

As for Drobot,  he's got the 2nd worst +/- in the SPHL.  Enough said!!!!

• Like 2

Awards

Marksman implode again, lose to Roanoke 7-3

My favorite two quotes are:

1.  “I know it’s time to start making changes,” he said following a 7-3 loss to Roanoke. “We were having a hard time doing it because of the holidays and stuff, but after this weekend here and it’s a new year, it’s time to start making changes. I might have to do a complete overhaul and start over.”............You 'might' have to do a complete overhaul should be more like you need to do a complete overhaul because the current roster stinks and continuously bringing in FHL players doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

2.  “I don’t know what happens, and before you know it, they’re all over us and then we’re down a couple of goals and then we take stupid penalties. You can’t win a hockey game doing that.”......So after 11 games, you still don't know what happens?  That's a very serious problem right there in and of itself.  How have you not figured it out yet?  You don't win many hockey games when the other team scores more goals than your own team.    

Edited by AfghanPiehole

Awards

2 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Is it Craigen time?

He should have been hired right away as soon as Bes left but instead ownership went with one of Cruthers boys and look at where we are now.

Awards

4 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

He should have been hired right away as soon as Bes left but instead ownership went with one of Cruthers boys and look at where we are now.

I'm not sure you all are stable enough that Craigen would take the risk of accepting that job (not that there is an opening or an offer).

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 72Vette said:

We are pathetic. This team belongs in the FHL and not in the SPHL. Spoke to a handful of STH's and they are not renewing their tickets for next season. I'm thinking the same after tonight's game. I don't know where to begin with all the issues we have. The new owners have no clue on how to run a team in this league. We have a coach from the FHL, players and recruiting from junior hockey leagues. We will end up in last place this season. We may be the next team to fold. I can't this ownership lasting after signing a 5 year contract with the crown. 

Well said i have said from the go leave the FHL rejects alone.

• Like 1

Awards