Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
dnf

Can this be turned around ??????

From the Fayetteville Observer a few weeks ago ...."At the end of the day,” Norris said, my commitment to the city of Fayetteville and to our fans is to put the best product out on the ice day in and day out. … I felt like I owed it to myself and to the team and the community to make a change as soon as I knew it wasn’t going to work. I knew it wasn’t going to work, so why delay the inevitable?”

What's next ?????????

3 hours ago, dnf said:

From the Fayetteville Observer a few weeks ago ...."At the end of the day,” Norris said, my commitment to the city of Fayetteville and to our fans is to put the best product out on the ice day in and day out. … I felt like I owed it to myself and to the team and the community to make a change as soon as I knew it wasn’t going to work. I knew it wasn’t going to work, so why delay the inevitable?”

What's next ?????????

Good question but we need to think positive.  lmao  BS!!!!  The single game tickets prices for center ice tickets went up 10% this season to watch this crap.  Yes, crap is the best way to describe this ragtag roster.  This season is slowly looking more and more like a lost cause.  Its actually really sad because things looked like they were on a positive trajectory with new ownership, increased marketing and renewed enthusiasm about hockey in Fayetteville but due to their lack of thought processes in hockey operations, we're left with a complete shi* show on the ice.

The biggest problem is that ECHL rosters seem to be a disaster this year.  They have decimated the SPHL overall.  I have no idea how the league can replace the number of players needed.  I think a coach needing one or two my be ok, but you'd never churn a full roster like you need.

1 hour ago, Carey Mahoney said:

The biggest problem is that ECHL rosters seem to be a disaster this year.  They have decimated the SPHL overall.  I have no idea how the league can replace the number of players needed.  I think a coach needing one or two my be ok, but you'd never churn a full roster like you need.

We have 5 called up.....1 of those 5 is out until Feb. (1 forward, 3 dmen, 1 goalie)

P.S. 1 dman was released yesterday (Campagna). Maybe he will be back.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Good question but we need to think positive.  lmao  BS!!!!  The single game tickets prices for center ice tickets went up 10% this season to watch this crap.  Yes, crap is the best way to describe this ragtag roster.  This season is slowly looking more and more like a lost cause.  Its actually really sad because things looked like they were on a positive trajectory with new ownership, increased marketing and renewed enthusiasm about hockey in Fayetteville but due to their lack of thought processes in hockey operations, we're left with a complete shi* show on the ice.

Craigen time.

10 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Go ahead and send in your resume for the coaching position PC.

No way i would be worse like you

Posted (edited)

There is a lot of room for improvement. If and when we get our guys back from the E, we can start climbing up on the standings. We just need to make the playoffs. At this time, we are not far from it. Just trying to think positive here. My New Year's resolution. :eyes:

The only 2 players from Fayetteville skated this past weekend. Jeke had only one SOG and Paterson was hammered with 4 goals. I believe Thompson and Robo is still on IR.

Edited by 72Vette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 72Vette said:

There is a lot of room for improvement. If and when we get our guys back from the E, we can start climbing up on the standings. We just need to make the playoffs. At this time, we are not far from it. Just trying to think positive here. My New Year's resolution. :eyes:

The only 2 players from Fayetteville skated this past weekend. Jeke had only one SOG and Paterson was hammered with 4 goals. I believe Thompson and Robo is still on IR.

Robo is out until Feb. At this rate I don't see Cook heading back any time soon.

4 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Robo is out until Feb. At this rate I don't see Cook heading back any time soon.

Max Cook was hurt in one of the last Norfolk games. Not sure how bad but he was put on the IR.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:23 AM, AfghanPiehole said:

The team is not what I would’ve liked to see.

But did you notice how many D guys we lost from last years roster and how many Protected players no showed?  

Add that with the terrible Bonar trade and a bunch of call ups, and now you’ve got a weak team. 

I think this are way better this season than the last 4/5. 

At least people are starting to come back to the crown. The show is way better. The music is better. The logo/uniforms are better. The inflatables and the tank zamboni are all huge improvements.  

Stop whining.  We are lucky we even have a team this year. From what I was told, the FireAntz were folding if these guys didn’t step in.  

Im just happy we have something and someone that cares enough to be trying. 

Cheapskate MacNaught didn’t care or try for the past 5 years at least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarksmenManiac said:

The team is not what I would’ve liked to see.

But did you notice how many D guys we lost from last years roster and how many Protected players no showed?  

Add that with the terrible Bonar trade and a bunch of call ups, and now you’ve got a weak team. 

I think this are way better this season than the last 4/5. 

At least people are starting to come back to the crown. The show is way better. The music is better. The logo/uniforms are better. The inflatables and the tank zamboni are all huge improvements.  

Stop whining.  We are lucky we even have a team this year. From what I was told, the FireAntz were folding if these guys didn’t step in.  

Im just happy we have something and someone that cares enough to be trying. 

Cheapskate MacNaught didn’t care or try for the past 5 years at least. 

Read my post carefully because I said positive things about the front office.