Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
puckcounter

Mike Craigen

33 posts in this topic

He has not done this yet because according to Ex-coach Mazzolini these games don't mean much...remember??

Awards

1 hour ago, puckcounter said:

Why has he not done this yet then.

Well prob cause it takes time to shine a piece of Crap until it turns to a Diamond. He didnt have the choice of putting a team together so you see him bringing in and taking out players. All i can tell ya is that his players will hit,finish their checks,fight when time is right, clear the crease and skate.  I have watched him slide a basket out on the ice for practice with players told..If you have to puke..Puke in there.. Now Go.   and they skate.  That was FHL so things may be different big time there but i believe you will see that team improve. Time for playoff's?  One can only hope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Five Hole said:

He didnt have the choice of putting a team together so you see him bringing in and taking out players.

Absolutely true! Go Coach Esposito!

Awards

On 1/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, Five Hole said:

Well prob cause it takes time to shine a piece of Crap until it turns to a Diamond. He didnt have the choice of putting a team together so you see him bringing in and taking out players. All i can tell ya is that his players will hit,finish their checks,fight when time is right, clear the crease and skate.  I have watched him slide a basket out on the ice for practice with players told..If you have to puke..Puke in there.. Now Go.   and they skate.  That was FHL so things may be different big time there but i believe you will see that team improve. Time for playoff's?  One can only hope.

While I'm all about discipline and holding players acccountable, you've got to adapt your coaching style to today's athletes.  For as much as I like John Tortorella and Mike Keenan for their coaching styles, there's a reason they never last more than a couple of seasons in each city.  Players nowadays tune out coaches like that.  You need someone who can relate to the players, know what makes them tick and hold them accountable all at the same time.  Sure, a coach like Esposito can skate them till they puke but at some point, they will tune him out, shut down and just quit giving a damn.  If Esposito is such a great coach, why didn't he come to the SPHL sooner than this season or move up to the ECHL?

• Like 3

Awards

51 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

While I'm all about discipline and holding players acccountable, you've got to adapt your coaching style to today's athletes.  For as much as I like John Tortorella and Mike Keenan for their coaching styles, there's a reason they never last more than a couple of seasons in each city.  Players nowadays tune out coaches like that.  You need someone who can relate to the players, know what makes them tick and hold them accountable all at the same time.  Sure, a coach like Esposito can skate them till they puke but at some point, they will tune him out, shut down and just quit giving a damn.  If Esposito is such a great coach, why didn't he come to the SPHL sooner than this season or move up to the ECHL?

Can only tell ya what he did last year here and what his FHL record shows. I'm sure its a total different animal up there but he also didnt have the luxury of building the team from the jump     Hard to comment on the team there that i dont watch myself but looks as though there are goalie issues, maybe stupid penalties? Seems Pk needs some work for sure.

All a process i guess, Maybe they will just keep switching coaches instead of giving one some time to rebuild but a guy sure cant come in a make a last a first in 6-8 weeks.

40 minutes ago, Five Hole said:

Can only tell ya what he did last year here and what his FHL record shows. I'm sure its a total different animal up there but he also didnt have the luxury of building the team from the jump     Hard to comment on the team there that i dont watch myself but looks as though there are goalie issues, maybe stupid penalties? Seems Pk needs some work for sure.

All a process i guess, Maybe they will just keep switching coaches instead of giving one some time to rebuild but a guy sure cant come in a make a last a first in 6-8 weeks.

I agree to a certain extent but instead of getting better, we're getting worse while the rest of the teams are getting better or we're making all of them look better.

Awards

3 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

I agree to a certain extent but instead of getting better, we're getting worse while the rest of the teams are getting better or we're making all of them look better.

I agree .

Awards

Made ourselves look great last night while making Roanoke look pretty bad. I especially loved seeing Roanoke fans at the jersey auction afterward purchasing the Marksmen scout jerseys! GO MARKSMEN! 

:Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: 

• Like 1

Awards