Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
puckcounter

Mike Craigen

33 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, puckcounter said:

I say is it time to give Craigen a chance he will turn this team around for sure.

They could have hired him as soon as it was announced Bes wasn't coming back but why would he ever want to inherit this doodie* show of a roster.  This org decided to go the route they did and now they have to dig out from the gigantic hole that was dug.

Awards

8 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

They could have hired him as soon as it was announced Bes wasn't coming back but why would he ever want to inherit this doodie* show of a roster.  This org decided to go the route they did and now they have to dig out from the gigantic hole that was dug.

I agree but he could help alot with players that would come here to play for him.

Awards

There are a few SPHL veteran coaches out there who could step in now. But for being turned around, it'll be very hard to do that unless a coach has a few players he could pull out of retirement as a favor.

Edited by center33
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, center33 said:

There are a few SPHL veteran coaches out there who could step in now. But for being turned around, it'll be very hard to do that unless a coach has a few players he could pull out of retirement as a favor.

What would hurt at this point but like i said let's give Craigen  a chance he could pull some players out of retirement.

Awards

Posted (edited)

I don't think the Marksmen will change the coach again .Who in their right mind would want to come and join this fiasco .The owners need to look hard at the roster , replace who is not productive and see if this can be turned around. The game is played to win, it's not a popularity contest .

Happy New Year  !

Edited by dnf
  • Like 1

Awards

On 12/30/2017 at 10:09 PM, puckcounter said:

I say is it time to give Craigen a chance he will turn this team around for sure.

Craigen barely did anything in Knoxville for last 4-5 seasons.  

Theres a reason he got fired from Knoxville.

Didn't they have a pretty terrible team last season... under Craigen?

I guarantee there’s a reason Craigen is coaching youth hockey and reffing adult games now instead of coaching pro Hockey. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 1:50 AM, MarksmenManiac said:

I guarantee there’s a reason Craigen is coaching youth hockey and reffing adult games now instead of coaching pro Hockey. 

So that he can coach players even shorter than he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2018 at 1:50 AM, MarksmenManiac said:

Craigen barely did anything in Knoxville for last 4-5 seasons.  

Theres a reason he got fired from Knoxville.

Didn't they have a pretty terrible team last season... under Craigen?

So Craigen barely did anything in the last 4-5 seasons in Knoxville?  They had an above .500 winning % in each season and advanced past the first round of the playoffs three times in his last five seasons including a Playoff Championship (2014-15 season).  The Ice Bears were 29-20-7 last season which is a good record.   

Awards

10 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

So Craigen barely did anything in the last 4-5 seasons in Knoxville?  They had an above .500 winning % in each season and advanced past the first round of the playoffs three times in his last five seasons including a Playoff Championship (2014-15 season).  The Ice Bears were 29-20-7 last season which is a good record.   

Well, if you’re in the market for average or slightly below, he may be your guy. 

No thanks.  

1 hour ago, MarksmenManiac said:

Well, if you’re in the market for average or slightly below, he may be your guy. 

No thanks.  

That's exactly what he is, but that exceeds the majority of your team's historical performance; so why knock it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

That's exactly what he is, but that exceeds the majority of your team's historical performance; so why knock it?

I would say that it’s about the same as Fayetteville’s historical performance, yes.   

That being said, isn’t the goal to want to get better?

craigen is a free agent for a reason. 

Any coach that’s not actually coaching right now, probably is where they need to be, On the couch!

would he be better than what we’ve got now? It’s arguable.  Either way, he’s not the answer imo.  

But my opinion means about the same as yours, considering we are  just posters on the forums. :yikes:

10 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

I would say that it’s about the same as Fayetteville’s historical performance, yes.   

That being said, isn’t the goal to want to get better?

craigen is a free agent for a reason. 

Any coach that’s not actually coaching right now, probably is where they need to be, On the couch!

would he be better than what we’ve got now? It’s arguable.  Either way, he’s not the answer imo.  

But my opinion means about the same as yours, considering we are  just posters on the forums. :yikes:

But you guys are currently in desperate need of being average.  I think you may want to consider baby steps.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

But you guys are currently in desperate need of being average.  I think you may want to consider baby steps.

But Craigen is busy coaching mites :2thumbsup:

2 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

But Craigen is busy coaching mites :2thumbsup:

You all are in such disarray, I think he would likely choose that over coaching your Not So Mighties.  Let that sink in that if he were a candidate, he'd likely have a difficult decision between your team and eight year olds.  That's kinda of a bad look for you guys.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

You all are in such disarray, I think he would likely choose that over coaching your Not So Mighties.  Let that sink in that if he were a candidate, he'd likely have a difficult decision between your team and eight year olds.  That's kinda of a bad look for you guys.

I'll take Mike any day over whats here now he would turn this team around.

• Like 1

Awards

And how many coaches before Phil Esposito took over  have been thought to turn this club around.....maybe the experience would help but there are too many changes to be made this late in the season.....unless these early games do not matter!!!! [heard that before]

Awards

The Marksmen are witin reach of a playoff spot. Let's give the coach to a chance to improve the team. It's to late in the season to make any coach changes. We're going have to ride this one out and hope for the best.

• Like 2

Awards

4 hours ago, puckcounter said:

I'll take Mike any day over whats here now he would turn this team around.

Kinda like he turned around the mini mites in Knoxville this season?   lmao

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 72Vette said:

The Marksmen are witin reach of a playoff spot. Let's give the coach to a chance to improve the team. It's to late in the season to make any coach changes. We're going have to ride this one out and hope for the best.

I can tell ya that i have seen some of the worst and the best in Phil as a Coach here last year with the Wolves.   I can tell the nay sayers to give him time and he WILL build a winning team. I know its only the FHL but this guy is known for getting his team into the   big show     He will make them hit and he will make them skate till they puke

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Five Hole said:

I can tell ya that i have seen some of the worst and the best in Phil as a Coach here last year with the Wolves.   I can tell the nay sayers to give him time and he WILL build a winning team. I know its only the FHL but this guy is known for getting his team into the   big show     He will make them hit and he will make them skate till they puke

Why didn't be return to Watertown this season?

Awards

2 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Issues i hear with the FHL commish that bailed out the wolves after the owners lost their hats last year.  Operation is a sad at best now. Ticket sales down to 400-600  No way they are even close to breaking even every game. Phils past coaching skills would be welcomed by many fans this year. Not pretty now. 

16 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Not a great league to coach in when the league owner owns most of the teams.:disobedient:

• Like 1

Awards

17 hours ago, Five Hole said:

Why has he not done this yet then.

Awards