Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

slap shot

Ice Flyers Goalie!

22 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, puckcounter said:

Why

So some of the other teams can have a shot at first place? :unsure:

It’s not hard to be in 1st place when you pay all your players under the table and cheat like crazy. 

Everyone in the league knows that Bes and Greg will do anything, too include cheat, in order to win games.  

Are you really a success, if you have to cheat to do it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

It’s not hard to be in 1st place when you pay all your players under the table and cheat like crazy. 

Everyone in the league knows that Bes and Greg will do anything, too include cheat, in order to win games.  

Are you really a success, if you have to cheat to do it?

Something sure seems fishy down there.  They all either love playing at the beach or something.  Pensacola seems to get all the waived ECHL players even when they have more then enough.  Right off hand I can think of dman Tim Boyle, forward Matt Johnson, dman Kyle Haines,forward Mark Bennett, and i know they got Alex Pompeo from Norfolk when he was waived and played a few games for Pensacola before getting called back up. Im sure thats not all of them. Not to mention how they keep pulling good goaltenders out so much they need to trade 2 of them in Ryan de Melo and Kent Patterson who played his whole career in the ECHL and AHL.  Still somehow they still have 3 good goaltenders in Gordy Defiel, Brian Billet, and the newest acquisition Alex Sakellaropoulos.  Bes is really pimping it in Pensacola.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Something sure seems fishy down there.  They all either love playing at the beach or something.  Pensacola seems to get all the waived ECHL players even when they have more then enough.  Right off hand I can think of dman Tim Boyle, forward Matt Johnson, dman Kyle Haines,forward Mark Bennett, and i know they got Alex Pompeo from Norfolk when he was waived and played a few games for Pensacola before getting called back up. Im sure thats not all of them. Not to mention how they keep pulling good goaltenders out so much they need to trade 2 of them in Ryan de Melo and Kent Patterson who played his whole career in the ECHL and AHL.  Still somehow they still have 3 good goaltenders in Gordy Defiel, Brian Billet, and the newest acquisition Alex Sakellaropoulos.  Bes is really pimping it in Pensacola.

The reason they get those guys is very simple. PENSACOLA IS CHEATING !!!!

They pay guys cash under the table. 

It’s a disgrace.  

3 minutes ago, MarksmenManiac said:

The reason they get those guys is very simple. PENSACOLA IS CHEATING !!!!

They pay guys cash under the table. 

It’s a disgrace.  

I'm going to assume you don't have any actual evidence of this.

52 minutes ago, ShaunS said:

I'm going to assume you don't have any actual evidence of this.

Of course I do 

I'm only going to respond to this because it's funny we were talking about this very thing in our section last night in Roanoke, like Greg said they all must really love playing at the beach and able to wear shorts most days in January. I don't know if they are cheating or not, but it's an embarrassment of riches the # of really good players they have on the roster. Still proud of my Dawgs for taking it to them and playing them hard all weekend. Never in a million years before Friday's game and watching them in warmups would have thought we would have gotten 2 points playing them twice this weekend. So close to getting at least 3 points looked like we scored the tying goal in the 3rd even the players thought so.

1 hour ago, PlayaHtr said:

I'm only going to respond to this because it's funny we were talking about this very thing in our section last night in Roanoke, like Greg said they all must really love playing at the beach and able to wear shorts most days in January. I don't know if they are cheating or not, but it's an embarrassment of riches the # of really good players they have on the roster. Still proud of my Dawgs for taking it to them and playing them hard all weekend. Never in a million years before Friday's game and watching them in warmups would have thought we would have gotten 2 points playing them twice this weekend. So close to getting at least 3 points looked like we scored the tying goal in the 3rd even the players thought so.

I will keep talking about it.  Something is going on there to pull in the players and Bes gobbles them up not even needing them.  At one time he had 7 or 8 defensemen pulling them most from the ECHL.  Meanwhile everyone posting on here from every team saying they are playing short with 4 or 5 on each team.  Got to be some reason he is pulling players left and right.  Its definately not for playing time.  What that reason is, is whats up for debate.  Plus he just signs them and trades them to other teams for future considerations.  Has done that multiple times this year.  What really gets me and I know nothing about is how Fayetteville fans were saying nobody liked playing for him if I recall right.  But now everybody flocking to him.  I might be wrong about the last comment.  I'll let the Marksmen fans refresh my memory on that.  But it does seem like Bes has something magical drawing players to Pensacola.:dizzy:

On 1/7/2018 at 12:14 PM, MarksmenManiac said:

Of course I do 

I'd really like to see this evidence. I know for a fact that Pensacola doesn't, or at least didn't, pay their players under the table. 

Then again, I'm sure a Fayetteville fan knows more about Pensacola than a former member of the Pensacola front office.

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'd really like to see this evidence. I know for a fact that Pensacola doesn't, or at least didn't, pay their players under the table. 

Then again, I'm sure a Fayetteville fan knows more about Pensacola than a former member of the Pensacola front office.

Well, we know that the current coach (who previously coached at Fayetteville) had a player practice who wasn't officially signed, and got suspended for it.

Edited by PlannedObsolescence
correcting my own grammar mistakes

That's not even apples and oranges. That's apples and aluminum foil. And show me a coach in this league who has coached more than a handful of games in this league (essentially not the midseason replacements) who hasn't done that. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bremner and Espo have done it already.

I may not be with the team anymore but I know what happened in that instance and it's a little more complicated than it sounds. It honestly was a simple mistake.

For those firmly on the "Bes pays his players under the table" train, I'd like to point out that Bes took over in Biloxi when Tim Kerr wouldn't pay players under the table and let Walby go. That was a huge factor in why the Surge were in so much debt.

I'll take the apples, thank you.  Save the aluminum foil for The Perfesser's hat.  :wacko:

• Haha 1

Which should be checked regularly for holes. b18girl_wacko.gif

22 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Aluminum foil blocks those radio waves coming in!

It's more effective over a wider frequency range if you ground it.  An 8-gauge stranded wire connected to a length of #4 rebar driven through your foot & into moist soil oughta do it.  cry2.gif

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Geoff said:

That's not even apples and oranges. That's apples and aluminum foil. And show me a coach in this league who has coached more than a handful of games in this league (essentially not the midseason replacements) who hasn't done that. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Bremner and Espo have done it already.

I may not be with the team anymore but I know what happened in that instance and it's a little more complicated than it sounds. It honestly was a simple mistake.

For those firmly on the "Bes pays his players under the table" train, I'd like to point out that Bes took over in Biloxi when Tim Kerr wouldn't pay players under the table and let Walby go. That was a huge factor in why the Surge were in so much debt.

He isn’t in Fayetteville this season specifically because the new owners caught him paying players under the table.  They told him “it ain’t happening anymore” and He left.  As they say , he took his talents to south pensacola.  Him and Greg are two peas in a pod.  One just as shady as the other. 

Edited by MarksmenManiac

On 1/10/2018 at 9:40 PM, Geoff said:

You worked in the front office Geoff.  Paying players under the table happens in Hockey operations.  And I worked In FireAntz Hockey Ops and know with 100% certainty that Bes was paying players in cash under the table.  

Been reading the "under the table" posts with some interest.  3 to 4 years ago I worked with a guy who "sponsored" 3 SPHL players. I'm not sure if he had them living in his house or if he paid for their apartment. I do know those players were not lacking for 

anything while they played for the team.  I can't say if they were given extra cash because I didn't think to ask at the time.  I came away from my association with this guy with the feeling that all players were pretty well taken care of.  I just assumed this was the norm.

What he was talking about could have been just typical booster club stuff.

Edited by Make Marky GM
To add last sentence

Unless there's documented evidence of such accusations, it should not be discussed on the boards.

Examples: News articles, court documents, video..

Not Examples: 3rd party blog posts, hearsay, other forums, fake news clickbait sites, or sentences that begin with, "my brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who once delivered a pizza to the team locker room told me..."

• Like 1