Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Knoxville @ Roanoke 6:05 pm et

6 posts in this topic

Roanoke going for its 3rd win in a row after taking over 8th place and the last playoff spot.  Lets hope to keep the streak going.

Gameday Cental

Awards

Tough night, the boys were gased. Hopefully they'll get tomorrow off to get their legs back before another 3 game set. 4 out of 6 possible points isn't a bad weekend though. Hopefully help is on the way not to wish anyones ECHL stints short.

Welp, I say it’s time to get rid of Bremner!!!!

• Haha 1

Played pretty good.  Knoxville just had the better goalie tonight.  Just hate they didnt give the big crowd much to cheer about.  Give up two goals in the first, then we get one and get the momentum heading into the third.  Right off the face off turn the puck over and Knoxville scored 9 seconds in just flattened the place.  Seems to me all our games are won and loss by the hotter goalie.  Most the time whoever out shoots the other team loses.  Also, kind of worried we keep losing players and have to sign FHL players.  That might work against Fayetteville and Birmingham but against the upper teams in the SPHL im not sure how Its going to go.  We will see what we have next week definately.  But over all the effort was there, the puck just didnt fall our way tonight.  

Awards

Posted (edited)

Great weekend, we won the games we needed to win (Fayetteville) and were just out of gas tonight. Moving in the right direction and excited to see this team shape up under our new system.

Edited by Soulmiser
  • Like 2

First, I have to admit that I don’t see many games. I live 80 minutes away in Staunton so this was just my 3rd game of the year. But I do follow the team game in and game out.

I liked what I saw in their style of play compared to the Ftorek era. They were battling hard in the corners, winning races to loose pucks, and finishing checks. And maybe my memory is bad, but did they ever block shots under Ftorek? Saw a number of nice blocks.

That said, they are still clearly among the bottom 3 teams in the league and the talent disparity with #7 Knoxville was evident. I doubt Bremner will be able to make over the roster mid-season, so I don’t expect a miracle turnaround. I’m just hopeful he can evaluate talent well and sign nice pieces to fit in for the rest of this year.

Knoxville’s puck control, passing, zone entry, and net presence was a step above the Dawgs, and their goalie was a deserved #1 star. I don’t fault the Dawgs or Bremner, I think they simply ran into a better team.

But at least I believe Bremner can coach a style of play that gives us the best shot of overcoming the talent gap and stealing some games from better teams.

• Like 3