Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Macon 1/4/18 7:35pm et

Thesphl.com is all out of wack but after the first its 2-1 Macon.  Roanoke's only goal on the PP by Daniel Vernace assisted by Mike Moroso.

Never thought I'd utter the words "Spraggs on D" but here we are. Maybe to help him get better with that side of the game? I know we are short but that's the last person I'd thought of, I'm at a loss.

21 minutes ago, Soulmiser said:

Never thought I'd utter the words "Spraggs on D" but here we are. Maybe to help him get better with that side of the game? I know we are short but that's the last person I'd thought of, I'm at a loss.

Sounds like that was his position early in his career.  His wife tweeted Brian that most of his college offers were as a Defenseman.

8 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Lost 3-1 final.....

Yup, it looks like we are just going to have to beat Fayetteville the rest of the year to make the playoffs :2thumbsup:

I thought we were in this game all the way. Beer had a breakaway in the third that he did not bury and we were close in shots on goal. I thought a pretty good effort.

Agreed, we were 

51 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I thought we were in this game all the way. Beer had a breakaway in the third that he did not bury and we were close in shots on goal. I thought a pretty good effort.

Agreed, felt like we were always in the game. I don't recall the total shots, maybe around 25 per team. That kept us in the mix, not a bad loss in my mind. This weekend is going to be challenging though, hope we can put something together for a team that is top of the heap.

Pretty well played defensively, but the talent gap was pretty evident on offense. I'll say this again, there are reasons why guys play tier 3 junior hockey and ACHA club in college.