Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

http://www.swamprabbits.com/greenville-swamp-rabbits-purchased-by-south-carolina-pro-hockey/

Greenville, SC – The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, announced today that the organization has been purchased by a new multi-member ownership group led by Steve Donner and have taken the controlling interest of the ECHL club. The sale was completed with previous owner Fred Festa’s company Chestnut Street Sports, LLC. and has been approved by the ECHL’s Board of Governors in a unanimous decision. The new ownership group, South Carolina Pro Hockey, LLC., has also negotiated a contract extension with the Bon Secours Wellness Arena for the next three seasons.

“On behalf of the ECHL Board of Governors, I would like to welcome the new ownership group,” ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna said. “We are excited by their plans for the market. We would like to thank Fred for his considerable efforts on behalf of the Swamp Rabbits and the ECHL.”

... “First, the team is staying in Greenville. ... Second, as leader of the ownership group, I am immediately taking residence in Greenville. ...

... Third, I'm pleased to announce that the Greenville Swamp Rabbits will join the Southern Professional Hockey League for the 2018-19 season ...  :popcorn:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

... Third, I'm pleased to announce that the Greenville Swamp Rabbits will join the Southern Professional Hockey League for the 2018-19 season ...  :popcorn:

Wouldn't that be nice.....

29 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Wouldn't that be nice.....

Could be the Marksmen new rivalry. They're within a 5 hr trip and part of the Carolinas. :2thumbsup:

• Like 1