Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Al Graves signed

15 posts in this topic

Why, though?  What purpose does he serve in addition to Howe?  Is he temporary for the Peoria rematch?

4 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Why, though?  What purpose does he serve in addition to Howe?  Is he temporary for the Peoria rematch?

I think It’s probably just for this weekend but who knows? 

Awards

6 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Entertainment.

I think it’ll be for longer. Knoxville can use more toughness. Flegel isn’t nearly as interested in fighting. You have Howe, and not much else. Erickson would drop gloves but he’s in the echl. Every team needs 2-3 guys who are tough so this is a great move i hope it’s for the rest of the year

Awards

Was anyone released to make room for Graves?  Why is Charlie Granath not playing?  The Sargis as a Defenseman Experiment needs to end soon.  He is directly giving up goals every game, and often multiple goals.

Granath displaced his fibula  

(don’t know my leg bones well) according to coach 

Awards

2 hours ago, money man said:

Granath displaced his fibula  

(don’t know my leg bones well) according to coach 

I misplaced my keys.  What's the scenario for each?

58 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

I misplaced my keys.  What's the scenario for each?

No clue just regurgitating what was told by coach 

Awards

1 hour ago, money man said:

No clue just regurgitating what was told by coach 

Did he give any information on the PTBNL from Macon?

1 hour ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Did he give any information on the PTBNL from Macon?

Not really all he said was that he has it and is waiting to call it in. My guess is that with Macon coming to town Saturday that it possibly could get called in this weekend 

Awards

Everyone runs from Howe. Having Graves hitting, grinding, and dropping the gloves along with Howe in the lineup makes the team a b*^%# to play. 

2 hours ago, Jingle Nuts said:

Everyone runs from Howe. Having Graves hitting, grinding, and dropping the gloves along with Howe in the lineup makes the team a b*^%# to play. 

The main problem with that is one of them must play a regular shift.  You have 9 forwards for the 3 lines and 6 defensemen for those 3 pairs.  That leaves one spot for the "10th forward".  That is Howe.  If you have both of these guys, one of them has to play a regular shift as the 9th forward or you have to play with 5 defensemen if not.  That creates issues, plus neither of them carries the puck, serves as a playmaker, or scores goals well enough to be a full time option.  It also leaves them shorthanded for penalty killers.

2 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

The main problem with that is one of them must play a regular shift.  You have 9 forwards for the 3 lines and 6 defensemen for those 3 pairs.  That leaves one spot for the "10th forward".  That is Howe.  If you have both of these guys, one of them has to play a regular shift as the 9th forward or you have to play with 5 defensemen if not.  That creates issues, plus neither of them carries the puck, serves as a playmaker, or scores goals well enough to be a full time option.  It also leaves them shorthanded for penalty killers.

Team should be in first or second place if there is no extra Ice  time for Howe or Graves. Hit, go to the net, make some space for others. All things those two can do. The team isn’t that good where your rebuttal makes sense. Maybe old school is out but not to me. 

Edited by Jingle Nuts