Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Pointstreak down?

13 posts in this topic

Is Pointstreak still down for everyone?

Yes, just checked it to see the boxscore from the Dawgs-Mayhem game last night showing an error still.

There are many times that this condition would be a blessing.

FWIW - I'm surprised by their explanation. There have been reports of performance degradation, but I've seen little discussion of complete outages. Most of the effected cloud vendor services were patched prior to the recent public announcements. I could craft some plausible scenarios, but most would revolve around an existing, bad implementation being overwhelmed by a difference in performance. Maybe they should check into some sort of elastic service that can scale up as more resources are required... oh yeah.

3 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I must really be bad- now when trying to access www.pointstreak.com, I get this:

403 Forbidden

nginx/1.6.2

So I guess you won't be surprised when you're met with the same response the next time you try to log on to SPHL Forums.  stress.gif

Sounds like Amazon is following the business model of Google and Microsoft - quantity instead of quality.

4 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Sounds like Amazon is following the business model of Google and Microsoft - quantity instead of quality.

I would again observe that Pointstreak is the only site out of the hundreds of thousands hosted by AWS that I've heard of being completely unable to serve pages. The other most serious issue is basically a 30% increase in cpu overhead. Significant, sure, but easy enough to address. Might be time for them to make some new, qualified hires in the IT department.

10 hours ago, ShaunS said:

... Might be time for them to make some new, qualified hires in the IT department.

What, and ruin their reputation?  ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

They're baa-aack!

GAME LIVE appears to be down still. Hopefully, it's back up by game time.