Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Pensacola @ Roanoke 1/6/18 7:05 pm et

4 posts in this topic

Round 2 against first place Pensacola.  After an exciting game last night with Roanoke pulling off the shootout win.  Tonight is Country Night with a live performance from Adam Rutledge.  First 750 people will get a coozie.

Country Night

Gameday Notes

Awards Earned

Thought we got cheated on the one goal and a few no calls tonight. Gritty effort by the guys, I'm impressed with this new attitude and blue collar brand of hockey. Great job boys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Thought we got cheated on the one goal and a few no calls tonight. Gritty effort by the guys, I'm impressed with this new attitude and blue collar brand of hockey. Great job boys!

I didnt see it to well.  Not sure if it went in but a couple of our players were celebrating like it did.  Would love to have seen a replay.  But love how the guys were playing.  When we were down 4-0 they still didnt give up and were hitting like crazy.  Loved it, Pensacola started trying to avoid all the hits and we outplayed them I thought.  Very excited about what I seen this weekend.  Atleast we saw we can hang with the team in 1st. Only thing now is to get our guys to play balls to the wall at the beginning of the game, but was impressed how much energy we had for the 3rd game in 3 nights.  Pensacola's new goalie Skerapapopulous or whatever it is had quite a few spectacular stops.  With 15 letters in his last name im not sure how they fit that on a jersey but he definately proved he could play.  Still worried about Sova getting hurt, if we lose him there is no one that can replace his minutes and play.  The Bremner era has definately got me excited now.  Seen no give up in our team like what happened multiple times with Ftorek.  Happy with the direction of the team and very entertaining games now.  Go Dawgs!!!

Awards Earned

5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I didnt see it to well.  Not sure if it went in but a couple of our players were celebrating like it did.  Would love to have seen a replay.  But love how the guys were playing.  When we were down 4-0 they still didnt give up and were hitting like crazy.  Loved it, Pensacola started trying to avoid all the hits and we outplayed them I thought.  Very excited about what I seen this weekend.  Atleast we saw we can hang with the team in 1st. Only thing now is to get our guys to play balls to the wall at the beginning of the game, but was impressed how much energy we had for the 3rd game in 3 nights.  Pensacola's new goalie Skerapapopulous or whatever it is had quite a few spectacular stops.  With 15 letters in his last name im not sure how they fit that on a jersey but he definately proved he could play.  Still worried about Sova getting hurt, if we lose him there is no one that can replace his minutes and play.  The Bremner era has definately got me excited now.  Seen no give up in our team like what happened multiple times with Ftorek.  Happy with the direction of the team and very entertaining games now.  Go Dawgs!!!

Sova will be fine, just a little banged up. He puts in 110% on every shift.