Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
JustinIceBears

Cesarz moved to 30 day ir

9 posts in this topic

Looks like his recovery has had a setback. Bad news for this team. Think they will leave al graves on the roster for now, at least until they get the PTBAL from Macon (defenseman) should be any day now on that one. 

Awards

11 hours ago, JustinIceBears said:

Looks like his recovery has had a setback. Bad news for this team. Think they will leave al graves on the roster for now, at least until they get the PTBAL from Macon (defenseman) should be any day now on that one. 

You think Graves gets cut when the Macon Dman shows up?  Do you think they move Sargis back to Wing?

38 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

You think Graves gets cut when the Macon Dman shows up?  Do you think they move Sargis back to Wing?

Yep i think so. And i hope Sargis goes to wing, he’d score more points, but he’s a very underrated defenseman too. So whichever the team needs he will do great at. He was an excellent signing. 

Awards

10 hours ago, JustinIceBears said:

Yep i think so. And i hope Sargis goes to wing, he’d score more points, but he’s a very underrated defenseman too. So whichever the team needs he will do great at. He was an excellent signing. 

He is very bad on defense.  That is hard to dispute.  He is trying, but he gets beat positionally and with poor skating technique for a defenseman.  He is only useful going forward as a winger.  He is an emergency dman at best.

1 hour ago, Carey Mahoney said:

He is very bad on defense.  That is hard to dispute.  He is trying, but he gets beat positionally and with poor skating technique for a defenseman.  He is only useful going forward as a winger.  He is an emergency dman at best.

I mean he has 9 points in 17 games and is only -1 on the +/- and Brucato has 3 points in 12 games as a forward and is -3. I’ll take Sargis over 2-3 guys on our roster any day. All of our defenseman are a liability except Flegel who is where we need him at all times 

Awards

18 hours ago, JustinIceBears said:

I mean he has 9 points in 17 games and is only -1 on the +/- and Brucato has 3 points in 12 games as a forward and is -3. I’ll take Sargis over 2-3 guys on our roster any day. All of our defenseman are a liability except Flegel who is where we need him at all times 

I can't go with plus/minus on this one.  I think he has been fortunate to be on the ice with better forwards (possibly a chosen matchup to compensate for his defensive deficiencies).  I think he has the benefit of some plusses (high scoring games for Ice Bears)  that are covering for a few of his bad minuses.  I've seen him get twisted around and out of position at least once a game, and I can recall that those led directly to goals in at least the last 2 or 3 home games.  He's just not a defenseman.  Neugold was not a really good defenseman, and Sargis isn't close to his level.

5 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

I can't go with plus/minus on this one.  I think he has been fortunate to be on the ice with better forwards (possibly a chosen matchup to compensate for his defensive deficiencies).  I think he has the benefit of some plusses (high scoring games for Ice Bears)  that are covering for a few of his bad minuses.  I've seen him get twisted around and out of position at least once a game, and I can recall that those led directly to goals in at least the last 2 or 3 home games.  He's just not a defenseman.  Neugold was not a really good defenseman, and Sargis isn't close to his level.

Disagree on Neugold. Sargis much more understandable critique on 

Awards

13 hours ago, JustinIceBears said:

Both are better than jon rey though 

Never understood him.  He was better the day he arrived than at the end of the season.  He progressively got worse.  Isn't he in the ECHL now?  I think he's been a call up for awhile now.  I think Craigen might have Butch Jones'ed Rey a bit.

Edited by Carey Mahoney
correction of punctuation error