Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

ShaunS

Bonar's finding success in ECHL: 6-1-1

It's worth noting that ATL has been mostly terrible this year, so his streak is even more impressive. People who aren't Bonar in goal have had a combined 10 wins and 17 losses for the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GAA 2.06, SV% .936

There's nobody with 5+ games played in goal who are better in the ECHL this year for either stat.

• Like 1

Gladiators goalie Bonar learns to balance ups and downs of pro game

By Christine Troyke - Gwinnett Daily Post

Atlanta Gladiators captain Derek Nesbitt remembers what he thought the first day goaltender Sean Bonar practiced with the team in November.

“This kid never quits on a puck,” Nesbitt said.

Bonar was signed by the Gladiators on Nov. 2 when Dan Vladar, a Boston Bruins prospect, was called up to AHL Providence.

Two days later, Bonar made 34 saves to beat Kansas City in his Atlanta debut.

Four days after that, he was returned to Pensacola of the SPHL.

And five days later, Bonar was back with the Gladiators when Matt Ginn was injured.

If four years in the pro ranks have taught him anything, it’s how to deal with the ups and downs.

“My first two seasons, it was a lot of shuffling around,” the 26-year-old said. “I played for something like five or six teams my first year, mostly in the East Coast League. Those years definitely got me used to being comfortable being uncomfortable.

“A lot of guys maybe start thinking too much if they make a bad play or they let in a bad goal that it’s the end of the world. But it’s four years later and I’m still here. You give up a lead, make some mistakes and life keeps going. Those years taught me you just have to keep going about your job day by day.”

Read more at: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/sports/professional/gladiators/gladiators-goalie-bonar-learns-to-balance-ups-and-downs-of/article_360d8b51-b879-5364-8a43-7a5c0fc08934.html