Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

antman

Surprised?? We Lost Again

51 posts in this topic

Well what can you say about this one, gave up 5 goals on just 22 shots, d or goaltending, I say both. My advice to season ticket holders and ticket voucher holders, keep going to the games, It is always fun to see how every single team in the league have improved over the past month or so, except the Marksmen. We may win maybe one in 4 the rest of the way and that's about it. We had many chances to improve this team and decided that was not the way to go. Peoria made changes to their team about every week since the season started and look where they are at. Other teams made changes as well, we picked up the scraps that were left over. Disgusted but I love hockey so much I will continue to support this pitiful team that they have placed on the ice, can I get an Amen, lol

• Like 2

Awards

6 minutes ago, antman said:

Well what can you say about this one, gave up 5 goals on just 22 shots, d or goaltending, I say both. My advice to season ticket holders and ticket voucher holders, keep going to the games, It is always fun to see how every single team in the league have improved over the past month or so, except the Marksmen. We may win maybe one in 4 the rest of the way and that's about it. We had many chances to improve this team and decided that was not the way to go. Peoria made changes to their team about every week since the season started and look where they are at. Other teams made changes as well, we picked up the scraps that were left over. Disgusted but I love hockey so much I will continue to support this pitiful team that they have placed on the ice, can I get an Amen, lol

Amen .........

Awards

I was just looking at the stats and was thinking the same thing Antman 32 shot vs 22 the score definitely should have been the other way. Of course I didn't see the game so I can't say too much but I'll be at the Crown tomorrow. Never Give Up

• Like 1

Penalties were the killer on this one by the looks. Not sure on the goalie issue but we had the same backup sitting on our bench in Watertown that is down there now but he was never used here either.  Better keep flippin Phil....

In the 16 season of hockey in the post Fayetteville Force era, there have been four in-season coaching changes.  The common denominator in the first three   (Ulrich replaced by Wells, Gillam replaced by Bidnar, McCauley replaced by Olausen), was that none of those three made the playoffs.  The trend for this team (this being the 4th in-season coaching change) is not a very positive one.....

Edited by AfghanPiehole
  • Like 1

Awards

There really isn't anything positive to say about this team but as long as we have someone to give them a Capri Sun and Little Debby snack cake after each game, win or lose, all is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

Gotta say, as a Dawgs fan, there didn't seem to be much drive in the Marksmen tonight.  Most of the games in Roanoke with them, there seem to be a lot of passion and even rough stuff. Drobot didn't see the ice much. 

30 minutes ago, Five Hole said:

Penalties were the killer on this one by the looks. Not sure on the goalie issue but we had the same backup sitting on our bench in Watertown that is down there now but he was never used here either.  Better keep flippin Phil....

It wasnt penalties.  Fayetteville had more PP then we did even a double minor that they got a total of 1 shot on and it was from the blue line with time running down on the second half of it.  We just capitalized in 3/5 of them.  Hate to say it but either we have got a lot better and play more physical or you guys just didnt show up tonight.  You guys are atleast always physical but I thought even they didnt bring that tonight.  We got beat in shots but we had a lot more high quality shots. One goal you guys got I would say was a high quality shot.  The other goal was a blooper from over the red line that any goalie should have stopped but Zenzola lost it and somehow went in.

• Like 1

Awards

15 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

It wasnt penalties.  Fayetteville had more PP then we did even a double minor that they got a total of 1 shot on and it was from the blue line with time running down on the second half of it.  We just capitalized in 3/5 of them.  Hate to say it but either we have got a lot better and play more physical or you guys just didnt show up tonight.  You guys are atleast always physical but I thought even they didnt bring that tonight.  We got beat in shots but we had a lot more high quality shots. One goal you guys got I would say was a high quality shot.  The other goal was a blooper from over the red line that any goalie should have stopped but Zenzola lost it and somehow went in.

2 words to describe the team right now 

“GONG SHOW”

8 hours ago, Onetimer said:

Gotta say, as a Dawgs fan, there didn't seem to be much drive in the Marksmen tonight.  Most of the games in Roanoke with them, there seem to be a lot of passion and even rough stuff. Drobot didn't see the ice much. 

This observation if true screams out a lack of wanting to play for the new coach. The Hockey Ops Guy is gone and the coach who started the season is gone. The can’t find or bring in players because it is the holidays is over. The haven’t had any time to run my own practices and institute my own systems is over. The a road trip will help bring the guys together is over. Point being that tonight’s game at home should be the end if this team doesn’t exhibit a one for all all for one attitude. The Dawgs have a new young coach ex Sphl player who came in around the same time as a much older supposedly more experienced coach with no Sphl experience. Fayetteville fans and sponsors deserve the best shot of having a winning team. So until things get better than this current ownership would be foolish going with the current status quo. Bring in a young hungry ex player who knows the league and has the respect of anyone who plays in this league.

Edited by Jingle Nuts
  • Like 2

Hoping this season will be hard lesson for ownership on how they need to compete in this league. They keep this up, we will not last the 5 years with signing a new lease agreement. Think about it, how many new owners in this league succeeded on their 1st season? :hmm:

Awards

2 minutes ago, robard said:

Why did Fayetteville change their name?

New ownership is a former Army Ranger and wanted to appeal to the large military presence in Fayetteville.

Awards

1 hour ago, 72Vette said:

New ownership is a former Army Ranger and wanted to appeal to the large military presence in Fayetteville.

Makes sense, I prefer the Fireantz name though!

1 hour ago, 72Vette said:

Hoping this season will be hard lesson for ownership on how they need to compete in this league. ...

Wouldn't you prefer it to be an easy lesson?  :huh:

First half of the season is gone basically.  There is nothing for a Fayetteville fan to root for except next year.  I have 8 flex tickets to use up-ugh- and the wife has told me no flipping way will she go to another game this year. (She grew up in the Northeast playing and watching hockey as a kid).  She says what the Marksmen play isn't real hockey. LOL.   

And by the way-- the fact that Kent Patterson wouldn't report to the team after his ECHL time speaks volumes to the sad state of affairs going on with Fayetteville.  In my opinion the guys that are still there don't want to play for Esposito, either.

1 minute ago, Make Marky GM said:

First half of the season is gone basically.  There is nothing for a Fayetteville fan to root for except next year.  I have 8 flex tickets to use up-ugh- and the wife has told me no flipping way will she go to another game this year. (She grew up in the Northeast playing and watching hockey as a kid).  She says what the Marksmen play isn't real hockey. LOL.   

And by the way-- the fact that Kent Patterson wouldn't report to the team after his ECHL time speaks volumes to the sad state of affairs going on with Fayetteville.  In my opinion the guys that are still there don't want to play for Esposito, either.

Whoa!  She knows her hockey!!!   That last sentence almost seems less of an opinion and more of a fact although hard to prove.  I agree 100% with you.

Awards

1 hour ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Whoa!  She knows her hockey!!!   That last sentence almost seems less of an opinion and more of a fact although hard to prove.  I agree 100% with you.

I would have to guess that if they dont play-Dont want to play, Then they will be gone and a new replacement in.  Will that be productive?  Hard to tell but he wont leave them suited up if he see's they are not at least faking a decent play.

24 minutes ago, Five Hole said:

I would have to guess that if they dont play-Dont want to play, Then they will be gone and a new replacement in.  Will that be productive?  Hard to tell but he wont leave them suited up if he see's they are not at least faking a decent play.

He does keep making roster changes but yet there's one player who is a -17 with a mere 2 points in 26 games and still maintains a spot on the team.  I just can't figure that one out but some will say there's more to it than just stats.  I get confused over that because this isn't rec league..  if you don't produce, you need to go.  It's just that simple.  Don't waste a roster spot because someone is a fan favorite.  The days of taking up a roster spot for one dimensional players are over.  Averaging .08 points per game just doesn't justify keeping someone on the roster.  There are too many players available that can provide points and leadership but who really wants to come to this shi* show in Fayetteville.  We really haven't given very many reasons for players wanting to come here.

• Like 1

Awards

7 hours ago, Jingle Nuts said:

This observation if true screams out a lack of wanting to play for the new coach. The Hockey Ops Guy is gone and the coach who started the season is gone. The can’t find or bring in players because it is the holidays is over. The haven’t had any time to run my own practices and institute my own systems is over. The a road trip will help bring the guys together is over. Point being that tonight’s game at home should be the end if this team doesn’t exhibit a one for all all for one attitude. The Dawgs have a new young coach ex Sphl player who came in around the same time as a much older supposedly more experienced coach with no Sphl experience. Fayetteville fans and sponsors deserve the best shot of having a winning team. So until things get better than this current ownership would be foolish going with the current status quo. Bring in a young hungry ex player who knows the league and has the respect of anyone who plays in this league.

I totally agree with bringing in a hungry ex-player from the SPHL, but it has been done before with one Emery Olauson....superstar...veteran of the SPHL..Bombed and Gone !!! 

Awards

8 hours ago, Jingle Nuts said:

Mike Craigen i say

Awards

Just remember....The Great One couldn't coach either.

Edited by averagejoe
  • Like 1

Awards

12 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Stop whining you two.  Smh.  Go to the games and have fun.  If they don’t win you can’t have fun?   Pathetic

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

He does keep making roster changes but yet there's one player who is a -17 with a mere 2 points in 26 games and still maintains a spot on the team.  I just can't figure that one out but some will say there's more to it than just stats.  I get confused over that because this isn't rec league..  if you don't produce, you need to go.  It's just that simple.  Don't waste a roster spot because someone is a fan favorite.  The days of taking up a roster spot for one dimensional players are over.  Averaging .08 points per game just doesn't justify keeping someone on the roster.  There are too many players available that can provide points and leadership but who really wants to come to this shi* show in Fayetteville.  We really haven't given very many reasons for players wanting to come here.

Plenty of reasons for players to want to come here. Fayetteville is actually a great little Hockey town. Players like the down home feeling they get from our fans.  How about being around the greatest soldiers in the world?  How about playing in a building that’s very nice, for good fans, Owners, boosters, front office staff?  Guess what, all that counts.  Players like Fayetteville.  We just aren’t good right now.  But who cares?  I have Fun at the games and so does my wife and kids.  You guys are just whiners.  Make me sick reading your garbage.  Go cry at some other teams games.  You should be happy we even have a team.  Do you remember MacNaught was gonna fold it?   Smh.  

• Like 1

The game experience in Fayetteville is awesome win or lose. Every game has something different to offer and even though our stats or standings aren't good the attendance keeps going up. People are there to have a good time and guess what they are doing just that. 

• Like 2