Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

35 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Parisi asked to go with Drobes before the puck drop. He got it. Overheard at jersey auction afterwards that Parisi had some probable fractured facial bones. If so, I'd say Drobot landed a few solid ones...and before anyone says I'm gloating, I'm not. 

Must say very good fight Drobot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

How do you know he'll be visiting a surgeon?

Because coach Esposito said that he talked to bremner after the game and that the dudes face was really screwed up and he probably had a fractured eye socket or something similar.  If you were at jersey auction you would’ve been able to hear it from coach as well

• Like 1

I was talking to some of the coaching staff after the game and I think everyone thought that he had a fracture around his eye socket. You could see one of the punches hit direct and Parisi really tried to turn his head after that. But Parisi  kept swinging these players have heart for sure. 

• Like 1

heard at the skate with the players in Roanoke on Monday it was just a broken nose, but Parisi was wearing a full cage during Tuesday practice.

...and another footnote, Coach Bremner said Parisi had a lot of guts for going with Drobot. He has fought Sicard and Drobot since coming to the Dawgs. I have to give it to him for trying, but we have no heavyweight to take up for our boys. We miss Jeremy Beirnes this season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Gotta give Parisi props for taking on the two biggest enforcers in the league. 

Hell yeah you do . These players have serious heart .

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Gotta give Parisi props for taking on the two biggest enforcers in the league. 

Tyler Howe disagrees.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Tyler Howe disagrees.

Now maybe he will meet up with Nick Wright?

Unlikely. Wright is on Evansville, and you guys are playing Roanoke.

Parisi and Drobot could go again though.

• Haha 1

Drobot did a really good job opening and closing the bench door tonight. I think he may have skated 5 shifts the entire game.

1 hour ago, vicvegas said:

Drobot did a really good job opening and closing the bench door tonight. I think he may have skated 5 shifts the entire game.

You must have seen something I didn't, I didn't see him skate one shift all night, I know he didn't the whole 2nd and 3rd Period.

4 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

You must have seen something I didn't, I didn't see him skate one shift all night, I know he didn't the whole 2nd and 3rd Period.

He was out there when Bronner and Campagna got into it.  Talking trash to Bronner when he went to the penalty box.  Thats about all I seen him out there.

I specifically watched him tonight.  He skated one shift in each period and made an ass out of himself by skating past Bronner when he was in the box and challenging him to go.

I'm really surprised that they use up a roster spot on him.  

Edited by Roanokehockey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roanokehockey said:

I specifically watched him tonight.  He skated one shift in each period and made an ass out of himself by skating past Bronner when he was in the box and challenging him to go.

I'm really surprised that they use up a roster spot on him.  

I can see you taking up for a teammate but they handled it themselves.  Bronner got a good elbow in there, then Campagna slashed him and Campagna even got the cheapshots in after both had hit the ground and he stood up still punching Bronner.  I agree with you, no need to do what Drobot did.

11 hours ago, ShaunS said:

Unlikely. Wright is on Evansville, and you guys are playing Roanoke.

Well, duh! I knew that but had a total brain fart there. See ya soon though.

16 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

GO DROBOT! It's hockey, not figure skating.

He might as well be a figure skater.  1 routine would double his ice time.

• Like 1

Most teams in hockey, at all levels, have gotten away from signing a player who's main purpose is to drop the gloves or sent a message to the other team.  Teams do have players who can rough it up, drop the gloves when necessary or send a message but that player can also contribute offensively and get a regular shift on the ice.  Unfortunately, we don't have that in the case of Drobot.  Rarely in his time with Fayettevile, has he gotten more than a few shifts per game.  Opposing teams aren't stupid and realize that he's more valuable on the ice than he is in the penalty box.  I guess as long as fans are willing to shell out top $$$ for his jerseys at each auction, all is good in Fayetteville.  I don't know of any other reason he keeps getting brought back.  We need players who can mix it up but also tally a point every now and then instead of once every 8-10 games plus skate a regular shift.....

And the ones who have millions invested in the new team can make the decisions they want to make and keep or waive players as they see fit. Glad to be along for the ride! Any money that fans "shell out" to buy jerseys or support the team is ultimately good for the bottom line. I don't stand in judgement of anyone's choices of favorite player or decision to buy season tickets or jerseys. Not my circus.

GO DROBOT! GO MARKSMEN!

1 hour ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Most teams in hockey, at all levels, have gotten away from signing a player who's main purpose is to drop the gloves or sent a message to the other team.  Teams do have players who can rough it up, drop the gloves when necessary or send a message but that player can also contribute offensively and get a regular shift on the ice.  Unfortunately, we don't have that in the case of Drobot.  Rarely in his time with Fayettevile, has he gotten more than a few shifts per game.  Opposing teams aren't stupid and realize that he's more valuable on the ice than he is in the penalty box.  I guess as long as fans are willing to shell out top $$$ for his jerseys at each auction, all is good in Fayetteville.  I don't know of any other reason he keeps getting brought back.  We need players who can mix it up but also tally a point every now and then instead of once every 8-10 games plus skate a regular shift.....

I agree, im all for having someone protect your team and drop the gloves.  But like you said, its always a big bonus if you have somebody who can be on a regular shift and eat up some minutes and not a liability when they are on the ice.  More so in the SPHL where they are only allowed 16 skaters.  One guy gets hurt or a last minute call up and your already forced to insert the enforcer on a regular line or have someone pulling double shifts.  Not sure how Drobot does with his hockey skills because I rarely see him play.  Playing that few of shifts just tells you the coach thinks he is a liability while on the ice.  To Drobot's defense, im sure its hard getting in a rhythm with your linemates and have chemistry when your just thrown out there on a line every now and then.  But I have to say he is one heck of a fighter.  Thats all I ever notice him doing though.

3 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I agree, im all for having someone protect your team and drop the gloves.  But like you said, its always a big bonus if you have somebody who can be on a regular shift and eat up some minutes and not a liability when they are on the ice.  More so in the SPHL where they are only allowed 16 skaters.  One guy gets hurt or a last minute call up and your already forced to insert the enforcer on a regular line or have someone pulling double shifts.  Not sure how Drobot does with his hockey skills because I rarely see him play.  Playing that few of shifts just tells you the coach thinks he is a liability while on the ice.  To Drobot's defense, im sure its hard getting in a rhythm with your linemates and have chemistry when your just thrown out there on a line every now and then.  But I have to say he is one heck of a fighter.  Thats all I ever notice him doing though.

With his size, he could be good to put in front of the net on the power play.  This is the 4th coach he's played for here and none of them seem to use him much.  

Drobot played great last night. By played I mean he did a great job opening and closing the door to the bench. 

• Haha 1