Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

What did Jeremy Bernes do? 3 points 16 games. Last season, Drobot had 12 points. This season only 2. If he had more time on ice he could improve. When we had a good team on ice that we had last season, Drobot played more shifts. We don't have that this season hence the lack of play with Drobot. He is a fan favorite and a leader in the locker room. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

What did Jeremy Bernes do? 3 points 16 games. Last season, Drobot had 12 points. This season only 2. If he had more time on ice he could improve. When we had a good team on ice that we had last season, Drobot played more shifts. We don't have that this season hence the lack of play with Drobot. He is a fan favorite and a leader in the locker room. 

Good post. I’m sure there is another player or two who could have their own thread to get rid of them. It’s not like this team is three lines and three D-pairs deep. 

5 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Most teams in hockey, at all levels, have gotten away from signing a player who's main purpose is to drop the gloves or sent a message to the other team.  Teams do have players who can rough it up, drop the gloves when necessary or send a message but that player can also contribute offensively and get a regular shift on the ice.  Unfortunately, we don't have that in the case of Drobot.  Rarely in his time with Fayettevile, has he gotten more than a few shifts per game.  Opposing teams aren't stupid and realize that he's more valuable on the ice than he is in the penalty box.  I guess as long as fans are willing to shell out top $$$ for his jerseys at each auction, all is good in Fayetteville.  I don't know of any other reason he keeps getting brought back.  We need players who can mix it up but also tally a point every now and then instead of once every 8-10 games plus skate a regular shift.....

Sounds like someone is a little jealous of Drobot.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I for one appreciate the heck out of Drobot.  He may not skate a regular shift or put up alot of points but he does protect our guys.  They need a player like him and if an available player existed that could do what he does and put up offensive numbers Esposito would trade himout in a heartbeat. But then every team would be after that caliber of player.  Look at Schultz's numbers for Mississippi. He leads in Penalty minutes and in 26 games he has zero points.  In the SP a Drobot is necessary and we are lucky to have him.  Looking forward tonight's gameto see who Drobs squares up against.

Reference an earlier post the rosters have been expanded to 19 this year so a team is allowed 17 skaters not 16.  Also, I'm glad to see he got under the skin of a few Dawg's fans. GO DROBS.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 72Vette said:

Biernes has been in the ECHL all season. Only has two points but is currently playing in a higher league than Drobot. 

FYI: Drobot has turned down every call up he has received in his four years in Fayetteville. Choose not to believe it if you want, doesn't make it less true.

2 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

That's funny.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Reference an earlier post the rosters have been expanded to 19 this year so a team is allowed 17 skaters not 16.  Also, I'm glad to see he got under the skin of a few Dawg's fans. GO DROBS.

I thought they still only dressed 16 skaters , the 17th man was there in case of a minor injury ,  call up replacement  or healthy scratch .

4 minutes ago, dnf said:

I thought they still only dressed 16 skaters , the 17th man was there in case of a minor injury ,  call up replacement  or healthy scratch .

You are correct- only 16 skaters and 2 goalies are allowed to dress for a game. However, that 19th guy can't "replace" a player who's been suspended- the team has to skate a man down for the length of the suspension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Which McDonald's?

If he were working there, it would be the most successful Golden Arches restaurant anywhere. I'll take mine super sized and with an apple pie on the side please. But, of course, I'd have to wait in line behind all the other folks wanting to see him. 

:Canada:

6 hours ago, 72Vette said:

Jeremy Beirnes played on a regular shift and ate up a lot of minutes getting much needed rest for his teammates.  He could skate well and not be a liability on his team and seemed to never lose his cool and take bad penalties in the heat of the moment, like we have seen Drobot do quite a few times against us this year.

4 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

lmao That is very funny!!!

3 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

I for one appreciate the heck out of Drobot.  He may not skate a regular shift or put up alot of points but he does protect our guys.  They need a player like him and if an available player existed that could do what he does and put up offensive numbers Esposito would trade himout in a heartbeat. But then every team would be after that caliber of player.  Look at Schultz's numbers for Mississippi. He leads in Penalty minutes and in 26 games he has zero points.  In the SP a Drobot is necessary and we are lucky to have him.  Looking forward tonight's gameto see who Drobs squares up against.

Your allowed 17 skaters but one has to be a healthy scratch and play with only 16 in the game.  Your mention of  Jake Schultz, he is also a defenseman who isnt really expected to put up a lot of points.  He also plays on a regular shift every game.  Another thing about Drobot, I dont really look at plus/minus as a valuable stat.  But when your -17 and second worst on your team and doesnt play anymore then he does has to tell you something.  I do agree with you that everyone needs a player willing to drop the gloves for your team.  Id just like to have one that skates on a regular shift and not just thrown in when he needs to take care of something.  But like you said, its hard to find a Dennis Sicard these days.  He is by far the best enforcer skilled player in the league.  Probably the biggest reason he is still doing it at his age.  

4 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

If I was jealous of a teams enforcer it would be Dennis Sicard.  Not Drobot, sorry to burst your bubble.

10 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

And the ones who have millions invested in the new team can make the decisions they want to make and keep or waive players as they see fit.

Millions ? in a SPHL franchise ? 

1 hour ago, MarksmenArtist said:

If he were working there, it would be the most successful Golden Arches restaurant anywhere. I'll take mine super sized and with an apple pie on the side please. But, of course, I'd have to wait in line behind all the other folks wanting to see him. 

:Canada:

Wanting to see him gone

38 minutes ago, puckcounter said:

Wanting to see him gone

That is certainly your right.  But I hope this coach and management team has more class than to run him off in the middle of a season. There is no one roster move that will change the direction of Fayetteville this year.  To dump Drobot in the middle of a season would be an unprofessional move on the part of the Marksmen (In my opinion). Drobot has given a lot to the community, to the fans (off and on the ice), and he has been a leader on the team. I say let him play it out this year and if it's in his and the team's best interest not have him back next year then so be it.

"Your allowed 17 skaters but one has to be a healthy scratch and play with only 16 in the game."

Thanks to you and the other poster for the clarification.

Edited by Make Marky GM

1 hour ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Wanting to see fair weather fans gone. They will go before Drobot :2thumbsup:

For a franchise that's rebuilding a fan base, every fan coming through the door matters.  It doesn't matter if their fair weather (very subjective statement), Democrat or Republican, Army or Air Force, Navy or Marines, female or male, old or young, etc......The only thing that matters is having fans at the games.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

For a franchise that's rebuilding a fan base, every fan coming through the door matters.  It doesn't matter if their fair weather (very subjective statement), Democrat or Republican, Army or Air Force, Navy or Marines, female or male, old or young, etc......The only thing that matters is having fans at the games.

Exactly right, no matter who the fans are if they are spending money to go to the games they are supporting the team.  We have fans who show up to games who you can tell have no clue about hockey and yell out random BS that makes no sense.  Sometimes heckling our own players.  You definately heard a lot more of it when Ftorek was our coach.  But the way I see it they paid their money and are welcome to their opinions as long as its not derogatory or offensive.  Every little support counts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Exactly right, no matter who the fans are if they are spending money to go to the games they are supporting the team.  We have fans who show up to games who you can tell have no clue about hockey and yell out random BS that makes no sense.  Sometimes heckling our own players.  You definately heard a lot more of it when Ftorek was our coach.  But the way I see it they paid their money and are welcome to their opinions as long as its not derogatory or offensive.  Every little support counts.

You are absolutely correct!!!!!!  I want a winning team and am also not afraid to tell the truth.  This isn't golf or tennis where you shut up and clap every once in a while when play is over.  It also isn't rec league where every kid gets a participation trophy.  I've been in cities before where the team captain was traded in mid season.  As a matter of fact, it happened in Fayetteville during the 1999-2000 Fayetteville Force season.  I could care less if it was  fan favorite or a family member.  It's about making the team better and if my fav player was traded, life goes on, said player can come back, you can root for him to do very well and I wouldn't have a problem with that.  Trading and/or releasing players is going to happen, has happened and will continue to happen.  Life will go on and attendance won't be significantly affected one way or another if any of the current Marksmen roster is traded or released.    

Edited by AfghanPiehole
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

You are absolutely correct!!!!!!  I want a winning team and am also not afraid to tell the truth.  This isn't golf or tennis where you shut up and clap every once in a while when play is over.  It also isn't rec league where every kid gets a participation trophy.  I've been in cities before where the team captain was traded in mid season.  As a matter of fact, it happened in Fayetteville during the 1999-2000 Fayetteville Force season.  I could care less if it was  fan favorite or a family member.  It's about making the team better and if my fav player was traded, life goes on, said player can come back, you can root for him to do very well and I wouldn't have a problem with that.  Trading and/or releasing players is going to happen, has happened and will continue to happen.  Life will go on and attendance won't be significantly affected one way or another if any of the current Marksmen roster is traded or released.    

I have had that happen to me in both of our first two seasons.  First year, one of my favorites was Massimo Lamacchia and he was traded to Pensacola.  This year favorite player was Paul Russell and he was traded to Macon. I am just going to stop having favorite players.  But in all honesty, the trades havent worked out that bad for us.  I wasnt to happy about them at first but we still have Riley Spraggs now while Massimo is playing in France.  While John Gustafsson has been pretty solid for us, but Russell has so much speed and potential being a rookie.  Bad thing about minor league sports, to much turnover to start picking favorites.  Might be here now and gone tomorrow one way or another.

35 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

How is that 10-0 final with Knoxville going?

Just the same as a 3-2 loss now since its over.  Dont matter how much you lose by, its just another notch in the loss column..  I take it as we are use to playing inferior competition.  :2thumbsup:

Id rather lose 3-2 than 10-0......considering both teams that lost those 2 games are now tied for 8th.....yes Dawgs are doing better this year, but Fay won't go away without a fight.

16 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

A loss sucks no matter, huh? Pointstreak want updating correctly. Who was in net?

For Roanoke? Barone, then Zenzola, then Barone again.