Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


MarksmenManiac

Whiners

29 posts in this topic

Some of these so called Fayetteville fans, should really be ashamed of themselves.  All they do is come in here to bash the team. If you don’t like the team, then find a new team.   Go to Raleigh and pay $80 for a seat and $50 for snacks/food and while youre at it, add another $20 to park.  

 

Good riddance I say!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Amen...if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it. People come to the games to have fun and as I look through the crowd they are having a blast. I see families with their kids having a great time watching the game and dancing to the music. Isn't that what its all about.  I mean yes it would be even better if we were at the top of the league but we are not. But that doesn't stop all of us from having a kick ass time for less than it cost to go to the movies.  I mean dam 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

PREACH MY SERMON!!! Never seen anything like it when so called "fans" or "followers" of a sports team take joy when a team is struggling or losing than when they win. Such a miserable way to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

Some of these so called Fayetteville fans should really be ashamed of themselves.  All they do is come in here to bash the team. If you don’t like the team, then find a new team.   Go to Raleigh and pay $80 for a seat and $50 for snacks/food and while youre at it, add another $20 to park.  

 

Good riddance I say!!!

You were the one saying the Fayetteville team don't care about winning and the best words for the Marksmen were "the gong show".  What makes you better then the "whiners"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

You were the one saying the Fayetteville team don't care about winning and the best words for the Marksmen were "the gong show".  What makes you better then the "whiners"?

I never Said they don’t care about winning.  After that last game, it was obv they didn’t care about winning that game and it was a gong show.  There’s gonna be good and bad games where people are happy/sad, but some people literally come here only after a loss to berate the team all under the guise of being a fan.  They’re not a fan. They’re a whiner, Greg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, MarksmenManiac said:

I never Said they don’t care about winning.  After that last game, it was obv they didn’t care about winning that game and it was a gong show.  There’s gonna be good and bad games where people are happy/sad, but some people literally come here only after a loss to berate the team all under the guise of being a fan.  They’re not a fan. They’re a whiner, Greg 

I dont care either way, but just because another fan wants to criticize their favorite team doesnt make them any less a fan then you.  It sounds more like you go to games to socialize and have fun with your peers because as a true fan I know when my team is getting crushed im not having a very good time no matter what is going on.  Real fans should be able to criticize their team, accept criticism about their team, and refute inaccurate criticism about their team.  If everyone that criticized Fayetteville and did what you said and found a new team to spend money on, it definately wouldnt be fun for you all alone in the Crown Coliseum.  Fayetteville would fold at the end of the season.  In my opinion fans who cant take criticism of their team and get their feelings hurt when someone expresses their opinions are the cry babies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
30 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I dont care either way, but just because another fan wants to criticize their favorite team doesnt make them any less a fan then you.  It sounds more like you go to games to socialize and have fun with your peers because as a true fan I know when my team is getting crushed im not having a very good time no matter what is going on.  Real fans should be able to criticize their team, accept criticism about their team, and refute inaccurate criticism about their team.  If everyone that criticized Fayetteville and did what you said and found a new team to spend money on, it definately wouldnt be fun for you all alone in the Crown Coliseum.  Fayetteville would fold at the end of the season.  In my opinion fans who cant take criticism of their team and get their feelings hurt when someone expresses their opinions are the cry babies.

AMEN, Brother! Well said.  To add to that I'd say the fans who are willing to speak out and say losing or more accurately a lack luster effort is not acceptable ARE the true fans.  The so-called whining that has been expressed on this site is the only forum we have to say we want a team that puts in a solid effort every night not just once in awhile.  If you are the RAH-RAH everything is ok despite our team's horrible play type of person then good for you. But don't try to put me in that same boat.  And I thought personal attacks on this site were against the rules, correct?

Edited by Make Marky GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
20 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

 To add to that I'd say the fans who are willing to speak out and say losing or more accurately a lack luster effort is not acceptable ARE the true fans.  The so-called whining that has been expressed on this site is the only forum we have to say we want a team that puts in a solid effort every night not just once in awhile.  

But I thought, in your post in the "surprised??? we lost again" thread, that "As a fan winning is all that matters." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 hours ago, scline74 said:

Amen...if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it.

Any discussion limited to that rule of thumb becomes nothing more than a bunch of "Yes-men" - much like the current White House staff.

This is an open Forum, where we welcome all discussion - good and bad - about the teams we support. As long as it doesn't devolve into personal attacks.

If you take the time to look further back in the comments made by the most passionate fans, you'll find both good things said when the team does well and not so good things said when they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

After going to the Crown Complex last night, I will say that despite Roanoke losing it was an enjoyable game. The in game entertainment is great and the merchandise selection, and food choices are top notch. I think the ownership in Roanoke (who does a good job) could learn a lot from Fayetteville!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Roanoke needs the battle ball intermission gig. That was fun stuff. Only complaint from my end was the music was a little load and the PA guy was way loud. Other than that, a great trip!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

We have a great front office who has done a fantastic job increasing attendance and the atmosphere at the games.  As for the on ice product, that needs significant improvement as we all know.  Just because we choose to vent, discuss and freely debate, doesn't mean we aren't true fans or are whiners.  Even as bad as this team is, I've still gone to two games this season and will go to at least a couple more.  Every ticket sold is revenue for the organization and another increase in attendance.  We have every right to freely speak how we feel about the team.  The key is that people are still talking about the team and going to games.  You;re not a true fan when you stop coming to games entirely or totally quit discussing the direction, positive or negative, of the team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, AfghanPiehole said:

We have a great front office who has done a fantastic job increasing attendance and the atmosphere at the games.  As for the on ice product, that needs significant improvement as we all know.  Just because we choose to vent, discuss and freely debate, doesn't mean we aren't true fans or are whiners.  Even as bad as this team is, I've still gone to two games this season and will go to at least a couple more.  Every ticket sold is revenue for the organization and another increase in attendance.  We have every right to freely speak how we feel about the team.  The key is that people are still talking about the team and going to games.  You;re not a true fan when you stop coming to games entirely or totally quit discussing the direction, positive or negative, of the team.  

amen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, puckcounter said:

amen

 

I wouldn't call anything you have ever done on these forums discussion......a more accurate description would be repeated rumors and nonsense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Roanoke needs the battle ball intermission gig. That was fun stuff. Only complaint from my end was the music was a little load and the PA guy was way loud. Other than that, a great trip!

I've noticed the same over the years about the volume on the players side of the ice.  I sit on the other side of the rink now and the volume is just about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Roanoke needs the battle ball intermission gig. That was fun stuff. Only complaint from my end was the music was a little load and the PA guy was way loud. Other than that, a great trip!

Agree with that. I thought the volume level was close to unbearable on the team bench side of the ice. But otherwise, it was a fun fan experience. 

And I still love the tank ((Zamboni). That may be the best Zamboni ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I dont care either way, but just because another fan wants to criticize their favorite team doesnt make them any less a fan then you.  It sounds more like you go to games to socialize and have fun with your peers because as a true fan I know when my team is getting crushed im not having a very good time no matter what is going on.  Real fans should be able to criticize their team, accept criticism about their team, and refute inaccurate criticism about their team.  If everyone that criticized Fayetteville and did what you said and found a new team to spend money on, it definately wouldnt be fun for you all alone in the Crown Coliseum.  Fayetteville would fold at the end of the season.  In my opinion fans who cant take criticism of their team and get their feelings hurt when someone expresses their opinions are the cry babies.

People that hang around on forums posting negative stuff constantly, are not the people the team needs in order to succeed financially.  There’s about 4-6 guys/girls on here whining all the time.  They probably don’t even go to the games.  I’ve heard about 1 guy in here that’s always posting negative stuff and he gets in because he knows a security guard.  Pathetic imo.  Either way Greg, we don’t need these people going to the games.  And minor pro hockey is about ENTERTAINMENT, not complaining about wins/losses.  This league is built to develop players.  That’s why the guys are so transient.  Seems to me like you spend too much time in Fayetteville forum anyway.  Go back to Roanoke forum.  Go check on Parisi.  Maybe he needs a visit in the ER.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

AMEN, Brother! Well said.  To add to that I'd say the fans who are willing to speak out and say losing or more accurately a lack luster effort is not acceptable ARE the true fans.  The so-called whining that has been expressed on this site is the only forum we have to say we want a team that puts in a solid effort every night not just once in awhile.  If you are the RAH-RAH everything is ok despite our team's horrible play type of person then good for you. But don't try to put me in that same boat.  And I thought personal attacks on this site were against the rules, correct?

It’s not a personal attack unless you think it’s referring to you.  If that’s the case, grow up.  Stop whining about wins/losses.  This is minor pro hockey.  You want a team you can whine about? Go to the hurricanes game and pay $200 for ticket, beer, parking.  Then you can get all salty and cry your head off. In Fayetteville, you pay like $10!   Stop crying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Any discussion limited to that rule of thumb becomes nothing more than a bunch of "Yes-men" - much like the current White House staff.

This is an open Forum, where we welcome all discussion - good and bad - about the teams we support. As long as it doesn't devolve into personal attacks.

If you take the time to look further back in the comments made by the most passionate fans, you'll find both good things said when the team does well and not so good things said when they don't.

Why are you attacking the White House staff?   Keep your political opinions on Facebook.  They have no business on a Hockey forum.  

#MAGA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, jbgentry said:

 

I wouldn't call anything you have ever done on these forums discussion......a more accurate description would be repeated rumors and nonsense.

Shots fired!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Somebody's on a roll. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Why do people get so bent out of shape when other people criticize a team that isn’t doing well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
19 minutes ago, robard said:

Why do people get so bent out of shape when other people criticize a team that isn’t doing well?

It's part of the human condition.  Presuming any of us are human.  :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

People that hang around on forums posting negative stuff constantly, are not the people the team needs in order to succeed financially.  There’s about 4-6 guys/girls on here whining all the time.  They probably don’t even go to the games.  I’ve heard about 1 guy in here that’s always posting negative stuff and he gets in because he knows a security guard.  Pathetic imo.  Either way Greg, we don’t need these people going to the games.  And minor pro hockey is about ENTERTAINMENT, not complaining about wins/losses.  This league is built to develop players.  That’s why the guys are so transient.  Seems to me like you spend too much time in Fayetteville forum anyway.  Go back to Roanoke forum.  Go check on Parisi.  Maybe he needs a visit in the ER.  

To say we don't need 'these people going to the games' is a bit of a stretch.  We need everyone going to the games.  I'll still come to games.  Who cares what people say on here.  There are about, depending on seats blocked, 9,700 seats in the Crown Coliseum.  The more fans we get, the better the atmosphere.  I wouldn't care if 7,000 fans came to the game and booed the team all night because it's 7,000 fans at the game and as long as they're not throwing objects on the ice or using profanity, all is good.  Fans buy tickets, tickets generate revenue and revenue ensures franchise sustainability

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I am also a true fan. And yes, I do criticize my team no matter what the sport is. If you are a true fan that understands how the sport is played, you have the right to criticize the decision making of a coach or player. I spent some time yesterday critizing my football team for trying a 4th and one (twice) verses kicking a field goal. There are fans true or not that may or may not understand how the sport is played that never criticizes the team that just goes with the flow which is ok also. The forum is a way to vent your opinions after a loss or even a win. We fans are helping to pay the salaries of each player or coach and have the right to complain if you feel your not receiving a good product on the ice. :doh:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×