Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
dnf

Tonight's Game

The Marksmen played a good 2nd period tonight , and there is No way there was 2033 people in the stands ....

Edited by dnf

what the heck happened, I thought we were on the way back up, didn't get to go cause of sickness, I got more sick when I read the info on pointstreak, we just cannot seem to be ready when Friday night at home comes, smh

From what I saw.....defense didn't tighten up til a little ways into 2nd.....by then it was 4-0. Defense then broke down again in 3rd. Spano needs to work on puck control......a lot. I saw 3 goals off rebounds. Good news, new guy "Klecha" scored a goal.

Esposito still needs to make a few trades or waive a player or 2, if those were to happen the Marksmen will be in decent shape for the final run for the 8th playoff spot .......

Not a good game at all..not even sure what to say . Very frustrated...SMH. 

9 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Gotta put that one in the past and forget it. 

Yep...

Esposito isn't putting it behind him with the 10 am punitive workout today , he's keeping it front and center ....

Birmingham has guys called up like every team. But in last few days lost two of its three point getters. Like mentioned, Friday night at home after a good week of practice. Really. Should be familiar with Birmingham by now. Know their tendencies and their coach. Problem is that it doesn’t seem that way. Outshot out of the gate done from there. Keep pushing this coach and the faithful will want a rule change. EVERY TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS. Nuff said

Edited by Jingle Nuts

6 minutes ago, dnf said:

Esposito isn't putting it behind him with the 10 am punitive workout today , he's keeping it front and center ....

Esposito better hope Macon is makin Whoopee not Mayhem

Front Center Back Right Left. 

Adios

• Haha 1

All-star Campagna didn't skate last night.  Is he injured or did Esposito see what I saw last Sat. night? (He didn't play well)   Maybe he didn't play well last Sat. because of an injury?  Even the most optimistic Markmen fan has to be concerned about how many goals Macon may put up tonight. I mean Birmingham was the worst offensive team in the league statistically and had just lost 2 tops scorers to call ups and they hang up 7 on the road.  I've got to go watch this.

Edited by Make Marky GM

Campagna got hurt in practice this week. Not sure how severe, but enough not to play last night. Probably not tonight either. Other D needs to step it up and  need better puck control too. Come on Marksmen!!! Let's do this!

2 hours ago, dnf said:

Not sure what everyone else thinks but a punitive 10 am practice the day of a 6 pm game could go one of two ways.  It could either light a fire under their a** or the players could shutdown, tune him out and just not respond the way he believes they will.  I hope it's not the latter.  There are times when you administer and have a practice like this but I'm not so sure that 8 hrs before a game is the best time.  

• Thanks 1

I'm just thinking he has to administer some kind of change. They were just not clicking last night.  Lots of missed passes and opportunities.  They looked nothing like they did last week. Not sure what changed or what happened but it appeared to be a completely different team. Not looking for excuses but there also appeared to be some frustrating referee calls last night. So the combination of the two really reflected the outcome. 

On 2018-01-27 at 11:14 AM, AfghanPiehole said:

Not sure what everyone else thinks but a punitive 10 am practice the day of a 6 pm game could go one of two ways.  It could either light a fire under their a** or the players could shutdown, tune him out and just not respond the way he believes they will.  I hope it's not the latter.  There are times when you administer and have a practice like this but I'm not so sure that 8 hrs before a game is the best time.  

Evidently it helped in last nights third( outshot 17-3) and to start the game. The coach has been over his head from day one. Looks lost. His practices are not correlating to the weekend games. Change his systems a little. Birmingham, Roanoke, Mississippi, Macon are the same teams weekend in weekend out the Marksmen have played since this coach came in. There is little if no evidence of him picking up on their tendencies and what lines and D sets to put out. Time to make a change because when the other teams are on the schedule ( First through fourth place) imagine the outcome. With the past schedule since Esposito came in being the easiest possible the future does not look pretty. Attendance will dwindle. Morale will be crappy around the rink and city. Does not help going into the summer and building for next year. It does not

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 11:35 PM, MarksmenArtist said:

Gotta put that one in the past and forget it. 

When you by tickets its not that easy to see a team play like this every night.

Maybe he meant "bye tickets", what a lot of STH will be doing if things don't improve real soon !!!

• Like 2