Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT Birmingham @ Roanoke 1/27/18 7:05pm et

This is probably the sloppiest and most boring game I've seen all year from them. They aren't capitalizing on any opportunities at all. There's no excuse for not scoring on a 5 minute PP

A win is a win, the bad news is the win came by way of shootout so Birmingham came away with 3 points this weekend while Roanoke only got 2. Good news is it would seem Fayetteville is dwindling away with another loss tonight. It would be nice to string some wins together to put the Bulls on the backburner but that's not going to happen until some help comes back from the ECHL

And to the post above, the sloppy play is coming from these guys being gassed. We have forwards filling in at defense to give guys breaks.  I understand people want more but this team is going to have to claw their way through the next few weeks. I'm hoping to see some guys returned this week, some of the call ups aren't even playing in Norfolk and I'm beginning to wonder if they haven't been returned yet out of spite.

9 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

A win is a win, the bad news is the win came by way of shootout so Birmingham came away with 3 points this weekend while Roanoke only got 2. Good news is it would seem Fayetteville is dwindling away with another loss tonight. It would be nice to string some wins together to put the Bulls on the backburner but that's not going to happen until some help comes back from the ECHL

And to the post above, the sloppy play is coming from these guys being gassed. We have forwards filling in at defense to give guys breaks.  I understand people want more but this team is going to have to claw their way through the next few weeks. I'm hoping to see some guys returned this week, some of the call ups aren't even playing in Norfolk and I'm beginning to wonder if they haven't been returned yet out of spite.

Birmingham was more gassed then us they were playing two short with last minute call ups for Nate Mitten and Alexander Taulien.  With no replacements.  Then Evan Schultz got thrown out for a major boarding penalty in the first.  They were only playing with 14 players.  So I cant see us being too gassed playing with 16.  For call ups i really dont see any of them coming back Armstrong and Murray was just traded to different teams.  Therefore i dont see teams trading for them just to release them.  For Norfolk, look how hot of a streak they are on, they aren't sending nobody anywhere until they start losing games.  They went from a playoff after thought to now almost in the playoffs now.  How I see it, we had plenty of chances.  Both teams just had very hot goalies.  I wish we would have won in regulation but ill take another shootout win.  Barone looks like he is hitting his stride out there.  Played awesome!  

While there wasn't any scoring don't know how anyone can call this game boring. I thought it was well played by both teams and both teams goalies were great tonight. Glad we got the win in the shootout, could have done without giving the Bulls a point though

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

While there wasn't any scoring don't know how anyone can call this game boring. I thought it was well played by both teams and both teams goalies were great tonight. Glad we got the win in the shootout, could have done without giving the Bulls a point though

Agreed, I definately didnt think it was boring.  We had the better scoring chances but both goalies just stole the show, even in the shoot out.  Look how big that Barone save is now that he turned and had to jump on before it almost went in the goal.  You cant ask anymore from a goalie then what Barone gave us tonight.  I thought we played good defense too.  The new guy from Liberty looked pretty good.  All around good game.  Just wish we didnt give Birmingham that 1 point!!

• Like 2

Bakker was impressive. Got plenty of ice time on the PP, PK and overall. Hopefully Rowland will be healthy before long to bolster our D even more. He can really blast the puck by what I have seen in practice. Love has not played much the last two games.

• Like 1