Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
72Vette

Thoughts On Protected List

14 posts in this topic

Here's one to think about, who do we protect for next season lol? Can we even get to 13? Sounds like another rebuilding season since this one has failed. I sure hope there are some big improvements in the off season starting with the coach. I might sound negative but it's a fact. The only way we can salvage this season is to get all the call ups back on the team and maybe add Taylor Thompson who doesn't want to come back.

35 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Here's one to think about, who do we protect for next season lol? Can we even get to 13? Sounds like another rebuilding season since this one has failed. I sure hope there are some big improvements in the off season starting with the coach. I might sound negative but it's a fact. The only way we can salvage this season is to get all the call ups back on the team and maybe add Taylor Thompson who doesn't want to come back.

I can't imagine any ECHL'er wants to go back to the SPHL.  Do you know for a fact Thompson has stated he wont play for the Marksmen?  If he has definitely stated he wont come back they should trade his rights and get a bag of pucks in return or something else useful.  

21 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I can't imagine any ECHL'er wants to go back to the SPHL.  Do you know for a fact Thompson has stated he wont play for the Marksmen?  If he has definitely stated he wont come back they should trade his rights and get a bag of pucks in return or something else useful.  

Yes but, he could always change his mind. He was supposed to have arrived to fayetteville before getting called up and changed his mind for some reason. He was called up a couple weeks later. The ownership will not trade him. It will be SPHL hockey or no hockey. 

On 1/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, 72Vette said:

Yes, I thought about that earlier this week. 

As for Thompson....most likely scenario probably will be that he won't come back down. Probably gonna ride the reserve a few nights a week, play 1-3 games, then back on reserve the rest of the season. 

Feb 7 (current thoughts)

Since its been a week and no one has shared any of their opinions\thoughts on the subject......guess I could muster up a "13 player" list. My list is forward heavy. 

Forwards

Jake Hauswirth - offensive threat, leadership on and off the ice

John Schiavo - great stick skills, another offensive threat

Kyle McNeil - matured, big body, produced more pts since first go round with Fay.

Dakota Klecha - speedy, 4G\1A in 4GP

Jamie Hill - shootout threat, 9G\5A in 19 GP

Chris Porter - finds open man, quietly amassed 20 pts (3G\17A)

Nick Miglio - taking a page out of Dawgs book here. 

Tommy Fiorentino - think he might be finding his game.....4G\1A in 8GP

*Brad Drobot - leadership on and off the ice, protects teammates, has gotten a lot better at moving the puck

Defensemen

Ludlow Harris Jr - blocks puck with face (need I say more)

Brad Campagna - boosts our defense (currently one of our best)

Sean Robertson - 2A in 1GP.....I'd say our best defenseman (even tho he has been on IR in ECHL all season)

Goalies

Jake Patterson - ECHL talent goalie

Note

*I don't think he would want to play anywhere else. If there is an expansion draft looming, protect him (Ex : possibility of Winston Salem joining). If not, I'd probably put Spano on the list.

3 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Feb 7 (current thoughts)

Since its been a week and no one has shared any of their opinions\thoughts on the subject......guess I could muster up a "13 player" list. My list is forward heavy. 

Forwards

Jake Hauswirth - offensive threat, leadership on and off the ice

John Schiavo - great stick skills, another offensive threat

Kyle McNeil - matured, big body, produced more pts since first go round with Fay.

Dakota Klecha - speedy, 4G\1A in 4GP

Jamie Hill - shootout threat, 9G\5A in 19 GP

Chris Porter - finds open man, quietly amassed 20 pts (3G\17A)

Nick Miglio - taking a page out of Dawgs book here. 

Tommy Fiorentino - think he might be finding his game.....4G\1A in 8GP

*Brad Drobot - leadership on and off the ice, protects teammates, has gotten a lot better at moving the puck

Defensemen

Ludlow Harris Jr - blocks puck with face (need I say more)

Brad Campagna - boosts our defense (currently one of our best)

Sean Robertson - 2A in 1GP.....I'd say our best defenseman (even tho he has been on IR in ECHL all season)

Goalies

Jake Patterson - ECHL talent goalie

Note

*I don't think he would want to play anywhere else. If there is an expansion draft looming, protect him (Ex : possibility of Winston Salem joining). If not, I'd probably put Spano on the list.

Dont forget to put Phil in there as coach for Jinglenuts. he misses him i'm sure.

• Haha 1

I agree on all, except Sean Robertson. Even when he is here, he's always waiting for any call up, even one gamers. Plus, after a major injury like he had, it is yet to be seen how much it has affected his future play mentally or physically. I would put Bryan Dallaire on the list instead. Guy is turning into a beast.

11 hours ago, Five Hole said:

Dont forget to put Phil in there as coach for Jinglenuts. he misses him i'm sure.

Your hockey knowledge just mesmerizes me. Phil, Phil, Phil.

4 hours ago, Jingle Nuts said:

Your hockey knowledge just mesmerizes me. Phil, Phil,Phil.

He wouldn’t fit into the building.

Yeah my hockey knowledge is at play here? Coming from a guy who's every post has one man involved in it. 

Edited by Marksmen3519
User warned

I'm going to hope that the Marksmen will make a phone call to Mark DeSantis this off season offering him the bench boss job. :2thumbsup:

I'll wait until the season is winding down and I'll make a list.  A lot depends on the exit interviews with Hauswirth, McNeil and Drobot.  All 3 are of an age where they could decide it is time to move on with life.  Hopefully, as other more skilled teams have call-ups return some talented players will make it on to the waiver wire and Fayetteville can grab a player or two worth putting on the protected list.

Five Hole and Jingle Nuts- you two really should settle this away from the forum.  I'm not sure why the mods allow the same garbage day after day.

Edited by Make Marky GM

58 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I'll wait until the season is winding down and I'll make a list.  A lot depends on the exit interviews with Hauswirth, McNeil and Drobot.  All 3 are of an age where they could decide it is time to move on with life.  Hopefully, as other more skilled teams have call-ups return some talented players will make it on to the waiver wire and Fayetteville can grab a player or two worth putting on the protected list.

Five Hole and Jingle Nuts- you two really should settle this away from the forum.  I'm not sure why the mods allow the same garbage day after day.

I do agree. I post what I see. I don’t post as a cheerleader or out of infatuation. 

Dennis Sicard would make a real good coach when he is done.His knowledge of the league, leadership skills, and his interaction with the community. Another hockey educated statement that I hope does not get scud missled  by moronic blind love

Edited by Jingle Nuts

On February 8, 2018 at 9:14 AM, PlannedObsolescence said:

?????

"Move along, nothing to see here ..."