Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Fayetteville 2/8/18 7 pm est

16 posts in this topic

 

Any Other Dawgs fans making the trip this evening? I know three are going!

Edited by KennyLang1775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Any Other Dawgs fans making the trip this evening? I know three are going!

Im watching from home.  Ive seen a few Dawgs fans on the video board.  Looking good so far 2-1 with goals from Steve Mele assisted by Nick Schneider and Cam Bakker.  Phil Bronner with a nice wrap-around goal assisted by Cam Bakker.  Go Dawgs!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

GREAT JOB, DAWGS!!!

As well as the Dawg fans that made the trip!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

GREAT JOB, DAWGS!!!

As well as the Dawg fans that made the trip!!!!!

I second that comment.  Great start to the week, lets get them again tomorrow at home!!  Glad to have Murray back. Nice goal and assist he had in the 3rd period.  Zenzola beats the Marksmen again, Go Dawgs!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Need to back it up with a win tommorow night. Start putting these guys in the rear view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

It looks like Zenzola took getting cut earlier this year by Fayetteville personally.

In the 4 games that he has played versus the Marksmen as a Dawg, he has a 4-0 record, with wins of 7-3 and 5-2 in Fayetteville and wins of 5-2 and 3-2 in Roanoke.

Barone, on the other hand, is 2-2 versus the Marksmen, 1-1 in each building. He had a 6-3 loss Thanksgiving night in Roanoke and a 4-2 win on 12/30.  In Fayetteville, he has a 2-1 win and a 4-1 loss.

It will be interesting to see who Dan starts Friday night in Roanoke - the rested goalie (Barone) or the one on an apparent mission (Zenzola).

 

Edited by Roanokehockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

It looks like Zenzola took getting cut earlier this year by Fayetteville personally.

In the 4 games that he has played versus the Marksmen as a Dawg, he has a 4-0 record, with wins of 7-3 and 5-2 in Fayetteville and wins of 5-2 and 3-2 in Roanoke.

Barone, on the other hand, is 2-2 versus the Marksmen, 1-1 in each building. He had a 6-3 loss Thanksgiving night in Roanoke and a 4-2 win on 12/30.  In Fayetteville, he has a 2-1 win and a 4-1 loss.

It will be interesting to see who Dan starts Friday night in Roanoke - the rested goalie (Barone) or the one on an apparent mission (Zenzola).

 

If it was up to me id start Zenzola tonight and see if he can keep his mission with Fayetteville going.  Id start Barone on Sunday versus Knoxville.  But id fine with whoever but it does seem like Zenzola has it out for Fayetteville after reading the Fayetteville article!!  Go Dawgs!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I still have one huge reason for skepticism about this team’s playoff chances: it’s now February and they have still yet to win in regulation vs. any team other than Fayetteville. 

11 games vs. Fayetteville = 4 regulation wins

24 games vs. the rest of the league = 0 regulation wins

Having only 1 of the final 20 against the Marksmen worries me. This team is good against the Marksmen, but I don’t know about anybody else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
16 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Im watching from home.  Ive seen a few Dawgs fans on the video board.  Looking good so far 2-1 with goals from Steve Mele assisted by Nick Schneider and Cam Bakker.  Phil Bronner with a nice wrap-around goal assisted by Cam Bakker.  Go Dawgs!!

Well, if you saw a guy in a red Dawgs jersey that was my road trip partner Dave. The guy with glasses was me. My son was a row in front of us. Good times!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Kenny, this is Antman, I enjoyed talking to you and Dave at the Crown on Thursday night, glad you guys had a good trip back home with a nice win, I honestly believe at this point the Dawgs are the better team, we are terrible. We gave away some really good goalies this year and they did come back to bite us, It was due to the fact that the coach and the director of player personnel did not recognize the basic fact that in Fayetteville, they had absolutely no defense in front of them. Good luck the rest of the way, and hope to see you guys again at the Crown, with a different result of course, lol --- Antman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The pleasure was all ours. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us for a few minutes. It is always nice when you are an out of town fan and are shown great hospitality from the home fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
43 minutes ago, Theoriginalalex said:

I still have one huge reason for skepticism about this team’s playoff chances: it’s now February and they have still yet to win in regulation vs. any team other than Fayetteville. 

11 games vs. Fayetteville = 4 regulation wins

24 games vs. the rest of the league = 0 regulation wins

Having only 1 of the final 20 against the Marksmen worries me. This team is good against the Marksmen, but I don’t know about anybody else.

Well we are 8-8-1 since Coach Bremner has taking over.  All I can say is that is a lot better then what we were.  The biggest factor to me other then winning is we are now in most of the games now and we are a lot more exciting to watch.  Only real bad game was that 10-0 drubbing we took at Knoxville.  Atleast now our games with Fayetteville are coming to an end so it wont matter how we win games.  Just stinks giving up a point to Birmingham or Fayetteville when they are the two teams we are fighting with.  We have a little chance to catch up with a couple more teams before its all said and done.  It will take us winning a lot more and them losing a lot and us needing to win in regulation and stop giving teams points for getting to overtime.  But with how our team has played for a season and a half before a coaching change. Im totally satisfied with the job Bremner has done so far.  Either if we make the playoffs or not I say our future is looking much brighter with our new coach.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Either if we make the playoffs or not I say our future is looking much brighter with our new coach.

Absolutely in agreement with that. Under Ftorek, we weren’t even beating Fayetteville in regulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×