Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

GDT : Fayetteville @ Peoria (2\18\18)

Recommended Posts

The DiSalvo for Klecha trade sure did work out great didn't it?   For Peoria it did since DiSalvo went 3-0 this weekend.  Great trade there Esposito!!!!!

Edited by AfghanPiehole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this team fits more in FHL than the SPHL. The Marksmen 1st season will go down as the worst team in Fayetteville history. I just open hope we make significant changes for next season starting with the coach. I know he took over a team that was in bad shape but, haven't seen any improvement.

Edited by 72Vette
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

The DiSalvo for Klecha trade sure did work out great didn't it?   For Peoria it did since DiSalvo went 3-0 this weekend.  Great trade there Esposito!!!!!

Having a defense helps....you and others were complaining when Di Salvo played here.....it shows it wasn't a goaltender problem here in Fay....it was a defensive problem.....and Klecha coming here does help, 8G and 9pts in 10 games.....that's 8G we didn't have.....

Goes to show you dont "know" what's going on within the team......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen and coached a lot of hockey and this is probably the worst coach I've seen in a long time.  Belongs behind a squirt minor bench.  No adjustments to what the other team was doing.  Some pretty good players on the team but he doesn't play them and his better players he skates into the ice.  Again more of a squirt hockey mentality but at this level it will turn out exactly the way it did.  Peoria rolled his lines, ran 2 power play units and a couple of PK units this guy rolled the same 3 guys and then expected them to run a PP.... this is Pro Hockey isn't it?  Wasn't the Goalie and it's not the D  and there are some quality forwards. some play and others sit for whatever reason.  No consistency with the lines, some guys play 6 minutes out of 10 and then don't see the ice again....?  Peoria went in to a trap 1-2-2 in the third and the d never widen out, kept passing or skating right into the trap?  Simple Peewee minor level adjustment.  I would agree with earlier post it's a FHL team because those are the only players he actually plays.  Some good 3rd line type players and then load up your top 2 and let them play it out.  Stop trying to mix them up.  Can't even imagine the level of frustration the players are feeling. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Having a defense helps....you and others were complaining when Di Salvo played here.....it shows it wasn't a goaltender problem here in Fay....it was a defensive problem.....and Klecha coming here does help, 8G and 9pts in 10 games.....that's 8G we didn't have.....

Goes to show you dont "know" what's going on within the team......

I do know enough that the team is the worst in the history of Fayetteville hockey.  That's all that needs to be said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Having a defense helps....you and others were complaining when Di Salvo played here.....it shows it wasn't a goaltender problem here in Fay....it was a defensive problem.....and Klecha coming here does help, 8G and 9pts in 10 games.....that's 8G we didn't have.....

Goes to show you dont "know" what's going on within the team......

and we are second from the bottom in offense so our offense isn't much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my prediction of another 3 loss weekend came true, next 3 at home against Pensy we may get lucky and win 1 of 3 but probably a third straight 3 loss weekend Pie, you are spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also we are getting close to allowing 200 goals against us, this may be a SPHL record

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Having a defense helps....you and others were complaining when Di Salvo played here.....it shows it wasn't a goaltender problem here in Fay....it was a defensive problem.....and Klecha coming here does help, 8G and 9pts in 10 games.....that's 8G we didn't have.....

Goes to show you dont "know" what's going on within the team......

Kinda keeps showing their agendas huh?  Cant wait till they get the news that the coach will stay and will be able to build his own team from the jump.  Maybe they will just go cheer for another team?  If thats what they do?  True fan's there,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey we do score a few goals and cannot stop anyone, but at least we won a few fights and more spearing and fighting penalties and probable upcoming suspensions than the 9 teams ahead of us thats a good start at rebuilding a successful hockey team, NOT. This year is shot. Next season will be a totally different story I have faith in this organization, they have learned from their mistakes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, antman said:

Hey we do score a few goals and cannot stop anyone, but at least we won a few fights and more spearing and fighting penalties and probable upcoming suspensions than the 9 teams ahead of us thats a good start at rebuilding a successful hockey team, NOT. This year is shot. Next season will be a totally different story I have faith in this organization, they have learned from their mistakes.

These type of penalties shows that the players are frustrated. They are dedicated and want to win. Nobody plays to lose. Coach is the problem. The end of season meetings with the players will tell it all. I also hope next season will be much better. I believe in this ownership to overcome the issues we had this season.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 72Vette said:

These type of penalties shows that the players are frustrated. They are dedicated and want to win. Nobody plays to lose. Coach is the problem. The end of season meetings with the players will tell it all. I also hope next season will be much better. I believe in this ownership to overcome the issues we had this season.

I don't know anything about the ownership except one lives in Charlotte.  I'll leave it to you guys if you say they care. Personally, the last thing I have heard from Management was after they fired the coach 9 games in one of them said losing was not acceptable or something like that.  It is troubling to me that they have maintained a deafening silence through all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I don't know anything about the ownership except one lives in Charlotte.  I'll leave it to you guys if you say they care. Personally, the last thing I have heard from Management was after they fired the coach 9 games in one of them said losing was not acceptable or something like that.  It is troubling to me that they have maintained a deafening silence through all of this.

They know they cant keep dumping Coaches and trying again this late in the season. Look's like they may already be working on next years team? Regardless if its this coach or another new one i would guess they are thinking past this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sure don't have any ability to  access  goalie talent.....but we sure are good at letting good talent go recently huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, antman said:

Hey we do score a few goals and cannot stop anyone, but at least we won a few fights and more spearing and fighting penalties and probable upcoming suspensions than the 9 teams ahead of us thats a good start at rebuilding a successful hockey team, NOT. This year is shot. Next season will be a totally different story I have faith in this organization, they have learned from their mistakes.

I sure as hell hope so antman, I sure hope so !!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 72Vette said:

These type of penalties shows that the players are frustrated. They are dedicated and want to win. Nobody plays to lose. Coach is the problem. The end of season meetings with the players will tell it all. I also hope next season will be much better. I believe in this ownership to overcome the issues we had this season.

Did we have issues this season?  :wth:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Did we have issues this season?  :wth:

:happens:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just might be a little difficult to retain any decent talent at seasons end considering the circus and monkeys our players have been subjected to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to totally blame the coach for all the problems going on this year.  I will say the last few transactions he made have been questionable at best.  Signing Al Graves and Anthony Parisi, when the Markmen already had Drobot is a head scratcher.  You guys need defense and scoring, not more toughness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

I'm not going to totally blame the coach for all the problems going on this year.  I will say the last few transactions he made have been questionable at best.  Signing Al Graves and Anthony Parisi, when the Markmen already had Drobot is a head scratcher.  You guys need defense and scoring, not more toughness.

Typical of a coach from the FHL beer league. :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, averagejoe said:

It just might be a little difficult to retain any decent talent at seasons end considering the circus and monkeys our players have been subjected to.

That would certainly clear the slate for another new coach to establish his own roster in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

That would certainly clear the slate for another new coach to establish his own roster in the summer.

FAY has a good core of players especially if Hauswirth stays another year. Klecha, Hill, Harris, Campagna, Robertson, Miglio, Cook and Patterson can all play in this league and can be protected. Then it becomes an issue the same as every team has. Which ones will sign, go to Europe, stay in the Coast or retire.  One good thing about the SP is that one year's results doesn't necessarily dictate what the next season will be like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×