Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
AfghanPiehole

Playoff run....it's make it or break it in the next 6 games

11 posts in this topic

The fate of our playoff chances could either gain significant momentum or come to a screeching halt over the course of the next 12 days.  I know it's mathematically impossible to be eliminated after the end of these next next six games but the chances would be reduced probably a single digit %.  It starts with three games at Peoria this weekend on the 16th, 17th and 18th followed by three games against Pensacola on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th.  Our record against those two teams is a dismal 0-3-1.  With the current four game winless streak (0-3-1) and no back to back wins this season through 38 games, things don't look very promising.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

The fate of our playoff chances could either gain significant momentum or come to a screeching halt over the course of the next 12 days.  I know it's mathematically impossible to be eliminated after the end of these next next six games but the chances would be reduced probably a single digit %.  It starts with three games at Peoria this weekend on the 16th, 17th and 18th followed by three games against Pensacola on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th.  Our record against those two teams is a dismal 0-3-1.  With the current four game winless streak (0-3-1) and no back to back wins this season through 38 games, things don't look very promising.  

 

Pie hole, take the week off from this Wednesday until the next. Tell your boss you are getting on the Marksmans bus and taking the reins. Drive, get behind the bench, and motivate the team like you know you can. Birmingham played Peoria well recently. Drum that into the Marksmans head. Report for duty Piehole. Save the day!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

We can't even win at home, I predict another 3 loss weekend followed by losing 2 out of three when Pensy comes to town

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
33 minutes ago, antman said:

We can't even win at home, I predict another 3 loss weekend followed by losing 2 out of three when Pensy comes to town

Guess we only have 5 wins then.......:hmm:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 2/12/2018 at 6:22 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Guess we only have 5 wins then.......:hmm:

Good thing these same 3-4 so called fan's thoughts really dont matter...Kinda like any of our thoughts don't matter.  Cant wait to hear them when the coaching staff stays the same for next season to start a whole new season fresh.  Or when a yet another new coach comes in and nothing changes.

Edited by Five Hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

This Forum reminds me of the LA icegators with all the internal bickering going on. Can we all just get along and allow all comments no matter if it's positive or negative? That's what this forum is for. Fans voicing thier opinions. :doh:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
17 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

That's right Five Hole. Broken records always play the same old songs no matter what label changes on them. 

Kind of like the three previous in-season coaching changes in the post-Fayetteville Force era of hockey in Fayetteville.  Not one of those three teams made the playoffs in which there was an in-season coaching change.  This season looks like history repeating itself.  I hope I'm wrong but at this point, we'll need lots of help to get into the playoffs.  It doesn't help when Birmgingham beats Peoria twice, Pensacola last night, and the Bulls are on a three winning streak and that doesn't include Roanoke's four game winning streak yet we can't even win back to back games .  Shawn Ulrich/Bryan Wells, Sean Gillam/Todd Bidnar, Greg McCauley/Emery Olausen and now Ryan Mazzolini/Phil Esposito.  It's like a broken record.  This season's coaching change is the same as the previous three with much the same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, 72Vette said:

This Forum reminds me of the LA icegators with all the internal bickering going on. Can we all just get along and allow all comments no matter if it's positive or negative? That's what this forum is for. Fans voicing thier opinions. :doh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1 hour ago, MarksmenArtist said:

You mean NICK Mazzolini? Ryan's last name was Cruthers, former head of hockey ops. Either way, I am glad they both are gone.

My bad.  They were one in the same.  LOL!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×