Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Oldcat

The Bay Center is not my sweetheart today.

23 posts in this topic

Ice Flyers Games Postponed This Weekend Due To Ice Conditions

PENSACOLA, Fla. (February 14, 2018) - Due to unforeseen and unsafe ice conditions at the Pensacola Bay Center, the Pensacola Ice Flyers in accordance with the Mississippi RiverKings, Birmingham Bulls and the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) announced today the postponement of the Ice Flyers’ home games scheduled for Friday, February 16; Saturday, February 17; and Sunday, February 18.

The three home games will be rescheduled for later dates which will be announced as soon as the dates are confirmed. All tickets purchased for this weekend’s games are still valid for the corresponding new game dates. If coming to the rescheduled game is not possible, tickets can be exchanged for a future regular season game. All exchanges can be done at the Bay Center Box Office in person Monday to Friday 10 a.m. To 4 p.m. Full refunds are another option available to those who purchased tickets for this weekend's games. Refunds have to be issued from where the tickets were purchased. For example: if tickets were purchased online at Ticketmaster, Ticketmaster must issue the refund; if tickets were purchased at the Bay Center Box Office, the Box Office must issue the refund.

"This is an unfortunate set of circumstances and we apologize for any inconvenience," Ice Flyers owner Greg Harris. "We will be receiving regular updates from SMG, the Bay Center's management company, as they work to resolve the issues with the ice as soon as possible so that it does not affect any more games beyond this weekend. We ask that fans stay tune for updates in regards to the rescheduled games through our mobile app, social media and website."

:censore::censore::censore::censore::censore:
Edited by Oldcat
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

I never thought the ice looked good this season. It was coming out after this weekend for Pensacon. Hopefully the issue will be resolved before they put the ice back in.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

7 hours ago, Oldcat said:

Seems a little weird they knew something was wrong Monday.  If they did something about it then they could have maybe finished by the games this weekend.  Hate to see how much money they lose after rescheduling games during the week or Sundays.

Awards Earned

5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Seems a little weird they knew something was wrong Monday.  If they did something about it then they could have maybe finished by the games this weekend.  Hate to see how much money they lose after rescheduling games during the week or Sundays.

It's not only the money aspect - I would think they are going to be stuck with a less than idea schedule to make up these 3 games - probably some 3 games in 3 days situations along with some crazy travel. The team could be essentially penalized for something that's not their fault.

Awards Earned

At least it took a plumbing leak for us to become a joke, all you guys need to do is suit up.

Awards Earned

21 minutes ago, flatulantdeath said:

At least it took a plumbing leak for us to become a joke, all you guys need to do is suit up.

I've got to step in and defend Marksmen3519. His post was no doubt meant in jest.  A sense of humor is hard to find these days.  No doubt your statement is correct but it is a bit misplaced.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, flatulantdeath said:

It was someone who is related to a Pensy fan who posted it.

7 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I've got to step in and defend Marksmen3519. His post was no doubt meant in jest.  A sense of humor is hard to find these days.  No doubt your statement is correct but it is a bit misplaced.

Thank you.

Awards Earned

50 minutes ago, flatulantdeath said:

29 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

20 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

It was someone who is related to a Pensy fan who posted it.

Thank you.

C'mon, cuddle up and play nice :blowkiss: (though perishing-by-bowel gas may be correct in her/his statement- just based on this season- perhaps there's hope for next year).

Awards Earned

7 hours ago, Oldcat said:

This potentially sounds serious - Harris says that this could potentially affect the games in early March.  That would really get ugly then.

Awards Earned

Here is the link to an early season thread about the new arena proposals discussed. 

Awards Earned

Bill did a great story and Greg made some good points, but no one mentioned that the company that "manages" the Bay Center does a piss poor job and cares nothing about the fans.  You know, the one's that dish out time and money 26 nights a year for hockey?  The 26 nights the building would be dark.  I've heard the talk of "we'd have something else in there if it wasn't for hockey" but that's never materialized. Never will.  They'd rather not have anything there than to have to work a night shift.

The wife and I are seriously reconsidering buying season seats next year and we've been sitting in the same seats for years.  Just isn't worth the hassle anymore...

Awards Earned

54 minutes ago, Bullrider said:

Bill did a great story and Greg made some good points, but no one mentioned that the company that "manages" the Bay Center does a piss poor job and cares nothing about the fans.  You know, the one's that dish out time and money 26 nights a year for hockey?  The 26 nights the building would be dark.  I've heard the talk of "we'd have something else in there if it wasn't for hockey" but that's never materialized. Never will.  They'd rather not have anything there than to have to work a night shift.

The wife and I are seriously reconsidering buying season seats next year and we've been sitting in the same seats for years.  Just isn't worth the hassle anymore...

The PNJ won't say anything criticizing SMG for some strange reason. Maybe its a monetary thing. But the fact that SMG is a bad organization is the worse kept secret going. Cyndee has made that statement before at BOCC meeting. My response to that is they had 2 seasons of no hockey here and still couldn't book anything.I also thought about not renewing, but then then thought I won't cave in. I like hockey, like the teams and I won't take enjoyment out of my and my sons life because of SMG and the BOCC's ineptness.

Awards Earned

11 hours ago, Hockeyfan1966 said:

The PNJ won't say anything criticizing SMG for some strange reason. Maybe its a monetary thing. But the fact that SMG is a bad organization is the worse kept secret going. Cyndee has made that statement before at BOCC meeting. My response to that is they had 2 seasons of no hockey here and still couldn't book anything.I also thought about not renewing, but then then thought I won't cave in. I like hockey, like the teams and I won't take enjoyment out of my and my sons life because of SMG and the BOCC's ineptness.

Its the same company that runs the Richmond Coliseum.  People complain about the same thing.  Building way outdated, no upgrades, and hockey fans complain that they would rather have nothing then hockey back again.

Awards Earned