Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Arkham36

Mazzolini is selling booze in Alaska

I got curious and checked in with the Google to see what Mazzolini has been up to since. . . well. . . you know.  Looks like he returned to home-town Anchorage and is working for an alcoholic beverage distributor. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-mazzolini-b933a541/

Any predictions what Esposito will be doing next November?

3 hours ago, Arkham36 said:

I got curious and checked in with the Google to see what Mazzolini has been up to since. . . well. . . you know.  Looks like he returned to home-town Anchorage and is working for an alcoholic beverage distributor. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-mazzolini-b933a541/

Any predictions what Esposito will be doing next November?

A new team will fold and another team will form in the FHL and will give him a job, that is if he's not in Fayetteville.  Those few games Mazzolini coached for Fayetteville at the beginning of the season might have put him over the edge.  Drove him to drinking!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

... Those few games Mazzolini coached for Fayetteville at the beginning of the season might have put him over the edge.  Drove him to drinking!!!!

Since he became a distributor, that means his short stint in Fay'ville drove others to drink.  :drunk:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Since he became a distributor, that means his short stint in Fay'ville drove others to drink.  :drunk:

Whats wrong with getting high on your own supply?

27 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Whats wrong with getting high on your own supply?

Well, it's one of the quickest ways to get your distributorship revoked.

Good for him.  There is a lot of money to made in his new line of work unlike the lowly job of coaching A level Pro hockey.  The man was not given a legitimate chance as a hockey coach but it looks as if he has moved on.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Good for him.  There is a lot of money to made in his new line of work unlike the lowly job of coaching A level Pro hockey.  The man was not given a legitimate chance as a hockey coach but it looks as if he has moved on.  

You are 100 % correct and he had a better winning % than Esposito.  The coaching move sure has turned out to be a huge mistake.

Again, things happen off the ice that affect the chemistry of coaches, players, staff, and more. Throw knives and hate at me if you want. Doesn't change the fact that it is true. Just saying.

Also, if Mazzolini wasn't given a legitimate chance as a hockey coach by the Marksmen, why didn't someone else hire him in the three months since he was fired?

Edited by MarksmenArtist
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Also, if Mazzolini wasn't given a legitimate chance as a hockey coach by the Marksmen, why didn't someone else hire him in the three months since he was fired?

Because, at least in the SPHL, all the other teams had stable coaching staffs. Anyone know of any teams in other leagues which had their coach fired during the same time frame?

• Like 1

So there were ZERO other coaching opportunities (even assistant coaching or scouting gigs) in the US or Europe? Wish him all the best in his new venture. Shouldn't be hard to find beer customers with a background in hockey. :drunk:

37 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

So there were ZERO other coaching opportunities (even assistant coaching or scouting gigs) in the US or Europe? ...

Actually, late November would be a really difficult time to find any openings in hockey ops no matter what continent your search includes.  But I reckon Mazzolini made the best choice for his own situation, and I wish him well.  Not sure what the beer market is like around Anchorage, but a distributorship in the U.S. Midwest can be mighty lucrative if you're willing & able to put in the hours.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

So there were ZERO other coaching opportunities (even assistant coaching or scouting gigs) in the US or Europe? 

3 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Actually, late November would be a really difficult time to find any openings in hockey ops no matter what continent your search includes.  

That's why, MMA, I asked my question, to see if anyone had an answer. There MAY have been other opportunities, but JMC has provided a plausible response to your question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Again, things happen off the ice that affect the chemistry of coaches, players, staff, and more. Throw knives and hate at me if you want. Doesn't change the fact that it is true. Just saying.

I can only assume you speak from a position of inside knowledge. If after 9 games issues were uncovered that were not uncovered in the original vetting process it makes me concerned that the owners could make the same mistakes again and again much like the Cleveland Browns. 

All I can say is true colors do come out - good or bad. Sometimes quick, sometimes not. But, if almost 100% of people encountered start reporting similar difficulties with an individual, it has to be taken into account.

3 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

So what's happened with the chemistry since Esposito took over?  Please enlighten us with your great insight?  If the chemistry wasn't good then, this team must be headed to summer school since the chemistry grade now is an F!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Great insight AND knowledge. Don't forget the knowledge part. 

Have you been buying booze from Mazzolini?

6 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

So what's happened with the chemistry since Esposito took over?  Please enlighten us with your great insight?  If the chemistry wasn't good then, this team must be headed to summer school since the chemistry grade now is an F!!!!!!

He will have all the time needed to find the right chemistry for this team over the summer to start out fresh next season.  Still gives you few so called fans time to jump on another teams bandwagon.  I hear Peoria is now in first and looking for a couple cheerleaders?

5 hours ago, Five Hole said:

He will have all the time needed to find the right chemistry for this team over the summer to start out fresh next season.  Still gives you few so called fans time to jump on another teams bandwagon.  I hear Peoria is now in first and looking for a couple cheerleaders?

So a few of us are so-called fans?  Thanks for the compliments.......On behalf of those so-called fans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Five Hole said:

Looks like Esposito has a whole lot of free time effective immediately!!!!!  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Looks like Esposito has a whole lot of free time effective immediately!!!!!  

Gives you few so called fans time to gather up the ammo to sling at the next bench boss.

10 hours ago, Five Hole said:

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Nah, @JMC-STL is quite enough- :cheering::cheering:

I can always use help.  groupwave.gif