Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

NewsBot

SPHL announces suspensions (Marksmen)

Wow- down three for the Pensacola game on 2/22/18- isn't there some rule for mitigation against having to skate that many short in the same game?

Fayetteville’s Brad Drobot

Fayetteville’s Brad Drobot has been suspended one game as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 204, Fayetteville at Peoria, on Sunday, February 18.

Drobot was assessed a major penalty for fighting and an aggressor game misconduct at 16:36 of the second period.

Drobot will miss Fayetteville’s game against Pensacola on February 22.

Fayetteville’s Troy Henley

Fayetteville’s Troy Henley has been suspended five games as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 204, Fayetteville at Peoria, on Sunday, February 18.

Henley was assessed a major penalty for fighting and an aggressor game misconduct at 16:36 of the second period.

Henley will miss Fayetteville’s games against Pensacola (February 22, 23, 24), Huntsville (March 2) and Evansville (March 10).

Fayetteville’s Ryan Patsch

Fayetteville’s Ryan Patsch has been suspended one game as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 204, Fayetteville at Peoria, on Sunday, February 18.

Patsch was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for spearing at 4:41 of the third period.

Patsch will miss Fayetteville’s game against Pensacola on February 22.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkVHyB3OU1pmSw0H6HzGS

Not that I'm aware of.

33 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I'm pretty sure Parisi has 1 game left on his 3 game tryout so they will only be down 2 skaters if they make no other changes.

Teams can't substitute for a suspended player- unless there is some kind of relief the Marksmen will have to skate 3 short. 

Drobot being suspended really doesn't have much of an impact.  He doesn't get much ice time when he is in uniform and his +/- can't get any worse when he's not playing.  

• Like 1

Holy crap what happened at the Peoria game. Thats alot of suspensions for one game.. DAMN..Fayetteville just signed Henley and he is out the last half of the season...WTH

Fights broke out in game.....On the highlight video had the fight near the end of the reel. The camera started with Drobot going to fight a guy.....refs jumped on Drobot, 2 Peoria players jumped on Drobot, one fell down and ended up going after Hill, then Henley and another Peoria player came in. After some shoving (Hill), both players turned their attention to Henley.....Both Peoria guys were jacking their jaws....one seemed to look back at Hill, Henley punched him in the face as he was looking at Hill. The other guy jumped on Henley and they threw a few swings then the Peoria play fell on top of Henley.

The important take away from the SPHL's suspensions is that Peoria was completely innocent. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is unbelievable you cant tell me that Fayetteville provoked all of that and that it deserved a 5 game suspension. Jesus. Well at least we know the new kid isn't afraid of throwing down in true Fayetteville Hockey fashion. I hate I missed it wish I would have seen this I was hoping to see Henley work. Hopefully he was holding his own!!

Edited by scline74

5 minutes ago, scline74 said:

This is unbelievable you cant tell me that Fayetteville provoked all of that and that it deserved a 5 game suspension. Jesus. Well at least we know the new kid isn't afraid of throwing down in true Fayetteville Hockey fashion. I hate I missed it wish I would have seen this I was hoping to see Henley work. Hopefully he was holding his own!!

Its on the game highlight video on YouTube....I can't seem to get it loaded. MacGuy\JMC a little help?

Holy cow. First time I've seen this.  Sucker punch? The dude was chirping and he got what he had coming. The SPHL runs through Peoria- we all know that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

The SPHL runs through Peoria- we all know that.

Huh. They used to say that about Knoxville. Course, there's a few more banners hanging in those rafters. :whistle:

3 hours ago, KcBoyBlue said:

The important take away from the SPHL's suspensions is that Peoria was completely innocent. <_<

Jim Combs can't become ECHL Commissioner fast enough for me.

12 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Huh. They used to say that about Knoxville. Course, there's a few more banners hanging in those rafters. :whistle:

Knoxville has never been the darling of the league.  See the Swider/Sich veteran rule instituted in haste years ago.  Huntsville is the league baby, followed by new teacher's pet Peoria.

• Like 1

I didn't say they were. I said they used to say that. Usually right after a league decision seemed to favor them.

14 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Knoxville has never been the darling of the league.  See the Swider/Sich veteran rule instituted in haste years ago.  Huntsville is the league baby, followed by new teacher's pet Peoria.

:crybaby:to lots of posters- every other team is the league's darling if it's not yours (this is not specifically directed at you, Carey).

On 2/21/2018 at 9:46 AM, PlannedObsolescence said:

Wow- down three for the Pensacola game on 2/22/18- isn't there some rule for mitigation against having to skate that many short in the same game?

Fayetteville’s Brad Drobot

Fayetteville’s Brad Drobot has been suspended one game as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 204, Fayetteville at Peoria, on Sunday, February 18.

Drobot was assessed a major penalty for fighting and an aggressor game misconduct at 16:36 of the second period.

Drobot will miss Fayetteville’s game against Pensacola on February 22.

Fayetteville’s Troy Henley

Fayetteville’s Troy Henley has been suspended five games as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 204, Fayetteville at Peoria, on Sunday, February 18.

Henley was assessed a major penalty for fighting and an aggressor game misconduct at 16:36 of the second period.

Henley will miss Fayetteville’s games against Pensacola (February 22, 23, 24), Huntsville (March 2) and Evansville (March 10).

Fayetteville’s Ryan Patsch

Fayetteville’s Ryan Patsch has been suspended one game as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 204, Fayetteville at Peoria, on Sunday, February 18.

Patsch was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for spearing at 4:41 of the third period.

Patsch will miss Fayetteville’s game against Pensacola on February 22.

Well, looking at today's stat sheet on pointstreak, my question was answered- Fayetteville's roster listed 13 skaters and 2 goalies, so indeed they were down 3- ouch!