Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Paul Russell is a gritty player. He didn’t get much of an opportunity in Roanoke. I hope someone sees and utilizes his potential. 

Trade the guy that has shown up on the scoresheet game after game as of late  ???

Trust me,y’all are getting a good one in McCormick.Not sure why we would even make this trade but I believe in the coach’s decisions.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kittrellrunner said:

Trust me,y’all are getting a good one in McCormick.Not sure why we would even make this trade but I believe in the coach’s decisions.

Well, here in Fayetteville anything will work for us. We can't get any worse. If this coach can pull this team together and win some games, he might be back next season.

13 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

The fact he has so many assists means he relies on other players to score. 

True, but someone has to get the puck to those who score- an assist counts 1 point, just as a goal does, in a player's stat sheet. 

20 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

True, but someone has to get the puck to those who score- an assist counts 1 point, just as a goal does, in a player's stat sheet. 

"We can't all be heroes, because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” ― Mark Twain

4 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Correct, it is.....but if your teammate doesn't score, you dont get an assist. Its in their hands, not yours. Sometimes to gaurantee yourself a better chance to get your stats up you have to take a shot. He doesnt take a lot of shots compared to other SPHL'rs. He's first season he took 25 sogs and made 2 goals. Last season he only took 112 sogs and made 10 goals. This year he has only taken 96 sogs and made 3 goals. Porter's S% two years ago was .80, last year it was .89, this year it's .31. Maybe Bremner will tell him to shot more instead of pass first.