Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Make Marky GM

PEN vs FAY 2/22

9 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Was at the game. Nice to see 4600+ screaming kids. They had a lot energy but it didn't rub off on the team.  First vs Worst went about as you would expect.  I want to say as a fan I appreciate the effort Jake Hauswirth puts into the game of hockey.  If you are reading the stats #17 for Fayeteville is the new guy McCormick not Parisi.  The 2 assists attributed to Paisi were actually McCormick.  Saw it with my own eyes.  Russell and McCormick both had a breakaway in the 1st but couldn't score.  With Porter traded they played 4 short and the ones left got a lot of ice time.  Pensy is good.

I know this might sound crazy and not make much sense but losing 5-2 to one of the best teams in the SPHL and being down by four skaters isn't a bad showing and actually very respectable.  There aren't points for losing in regulation but if we can win a few games the rest of the season and cost a team or two a coveted playoff position, then the season won't be completely lost.  Yes, I know the playoffs are a longshot if not next to impossible but if we can play spoiler, then the remaining games will still at least mean something instead of nothing.

Wow, I really feel bad for this team, it will be really tough to even get through the rest of the season, hats off to the players who are determined to giving 100% the rest of the way, true professionals will shine even through adversity. Will continue to support this team because I believe it will be a different story next year.

3 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

I know this might sound crazy and not make much sense but losing 5-2 to one of the best teams in the SPHL and being down by four skaters isn't a bad showing and actually very respectable.  There aren't points for losing in regulation but if we can win a few games the rest of the season and cost a team or two a coveted playoff position, then the season won't be completely lost.  Yes, I know the playoffs are a longshot if not next to impossible but if we can play spoiler, then the remaining games will still at least mean something instead of nothing.

Yeah sounds like a big joke really. this same team just played and lost to a first place team 3-2 here a few days ago and you were all slamming the coach. Your post just shows the agenda you were pushing all along. Fact is nothing will change with this team regardless of who is behind the bench. Defense sucks and players do not play well together.

Keep up the fake words....Your doing Great!

2 hours ago, Five Hole said:

Yeah sounds like a big joke really. this same team just played and lost to a first place team 3-2 here a few days ago and you were all slamming the coach. Your post just shows the agenda you were pushing all along. Fact is nothing will change with this team regardless of who is behind the bench. Defense sucks and players do not play well together.

Keep up the fake words....Your doing Great!

You're very welcome.  You don't even know me so accusing me of fake words is a bit of a stretch.

12 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

You're very welcome.  You don't even know me so accusing me of fake words is a bit of a stretch.

All one has to do is go back and read your past posts about this team as of late. I am sure we will see you complaining how bad this team is now even with a new coach in there now? I would guess not by your post yet just today...Cant wait to see your posts after the next couple losses.

6 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Was at the game. Nice to see 4600+ screaming kids. They had a lot energy but it didn't rub off on the team.  First  Correction Second vs Worst went about as you would expect.  I want to say as a fan I appreciate the effort Jake Hauswirth puts into the game of hockey.  If you are reading the stats #17 for Fayeteville is the new guy McCormick not Parisi.  The 2 assists attributed to Paisi were actually McCormick.  Saw it with my own eyes.  Russell and McCormick both had a breakaway in the 1st but couldn't score.  With Porter traded they played correction 3 short and the ones left got a lot of ice time.  Pensy is good.

That was the problem Paul Russell had in Roanoke.  He could constantly get breakaways with his speed but never find the back of the net.  Did he just pull up and shoot on his breakaway?  He never would make a move to fake the goalie out and try to score.

3 hours ago, Five Hole said:

All one has to do is go back and read your past posts about this team as of late. I am sure we will see you complaining how bad this team is now even with a new coach in there now? I would guess not by your post yet just today...Cant wait to see your posts after the next couple losses.

Espo, you made it back in front of your computer at home that quick?

7 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Espo, you made it back in front of your computer at home that quick?

Funny stuff. The inFATuation is killing me. Got to hand it to a guy who still rants and raves about how good a coach was is and is going to be as that coach just did the Fallsburu Flop and got thrown out the door. 

Edited by Jingle Nuts
  • Like 1