Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Mississippi 2/24/18 8pm est

7 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Anyone else having trouble streaming the game? Keeps freezing on me, never happened before

Yes, the same.  You can tell its the game when it goes back up it skips instead of leaving off where it froze.  Not much to see anyways.  So far, we are playing flat and way too many turnovers in the defensive zone leading to good chances by the Kings.  Hopefully Bremner lights a fire in them during intermission.  Barone only thing keeping us in this game.  Shots 17-4 and score 1-0 in favor of the Kings.

Awards Earned

13 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Yes, the same.  You can tell its the game when it goes back up it skips instead of leaving off where it froze.  Not much to see anyways.  So far, we are playing flat and way too many turnovers in the defensive zone leading to good chances by the Kings.  Hopefully Bremner lights a fire in them during intermission.  Barone only thing keeping us in this game.  Shots 17-4 and score 1-0 in favor of the Kings.

Seems Mississippi is the aggressor tonight from what little bit I've caught, not happy with SPHL live tonight. I've flipped on a few other games and haven't had any issue.

Well, 3 out of 4 possible points is not bad, but the Dawgs had their chances tonight in spite of being outshot 51-19. 

Hard to fault Barone for this one - he stopped 3 out of 4 shooters as well as another penalty shot.

Bottom line, you have to score in the shootout and unfortunately, we were 0-5 tonight.

Oh well, still one heck of a run!

Edited by Roanokehockey
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Had to end sometime, good news is still in a tie for 7th and we moved 3 points closer to Evansville for 6th. 

• Like 1

While I am glad we were able to come away with atleast one point on the night after the way we came out to start the game last night, Mississippi's game tying pp goal should have never happened. First off even Mississippi's commentator said the puck hit the glass before going out so there should have been no delay of game (this same thing happened in our last home game and I know without a doubt it hit the glass that time because it was literally right in front of my face that the puck hit the glass). Secondly the odd man rush that led to the goal was created by Salkeld blatantly tripping Sova in the neutral zone.

Like I said, after the way we started out last night I consider the Dawgs lucky to salvage even one point, but to have an amazing streak ended atleast partially because of bad officiating kind of stings.