Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

GDT : Fayetteville @ Huntsville (3-2-18)

Fayetteville travels to Huntsville, AL to face off with the Havoc. After 3 trades being made to bring in 6 new faces in the last nine days, the Marksmen look to make a final push towards the playoffs. They will be looking to Hauswirth and some of the new faces for the offense.

Pregame Notes

SPHL Scoreboard

Neulion (@ 7.99)

Game Live :

Gamesheet :

For those of you Marksmen fans smart enough not to waste almost 3 hours watching the game rest assured the game was not as close as the 7-2 score.  The Marksmen were so outclassed, out played and out everything so bad it could've been 17-2 and no one that saw the game would be surprised.  It took only 4 games for the new coach to lose control of his team.  If you saw the game you know what I mean.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

It took only 4 games for the new coach to lose control of his team.  If you saw the game you know what I mean.

The over/under for him to lose the team was 1.5 games, so he did OK...

Clearly in over his head. 

Edited by Carlos Danger

Last coach gets grief for bringing up FHL players--Which are the ones making the noise on Roanoke's push- This coach trades out and releases the couple that were at least making some noise for this team?  .  I would guess the last coach is thinking that---I told Ya So-as he sits and watches the ship continue to sink.

As a Roanoke fan, I am amazed at how Coach Bremner has turned this team around. His eye for FHL puzzle pieces has been terrific.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Phil, don’t you have a deck to build?

Posted (edited)

Wake me up when this nightmare is over, I have 4 vouchers left and don't have any money to pay people to take them. I am not a coach or manager but if you have read my posts over the season, I do not think I was wrong on any of them. I have watched minor league hockey for 60 years since I was a little boy in Johnstown, PA and I can honestly say I can never recall a season this pitiful.

Edited by antman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

For those of you Marksmen fans smart enough not to waste almost 3 hours watching the game rest assured the game was not as close as the 7-2 score.  The Marksmen were so outclassed, out played and out everything so bad it could've been 17-2 and no one that saw the game would be surprised.  It took only 4 games for the new coach to lose control of his team.  If you saw the game you know what I mean.

Lost control of the team? I saw Spano give up 4 awful goals in 9 minutes.  That’s what I saw.  I dont Think the coach can help a goalie when he no shows the game.  The pk wasn’t terrible even though the pp was.  Clearly needs work, but lost control?  

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Go away Phil.  Didn’t you get fired already?

Hawaiian themed road trip

I can understand having a little bit of fun but when you've only won 10 out of 45 games, have gone through three coaches (four if you include the two games Cruthers coachces), are on an 11 games losing streak, etc,  the last thing you need to do is act like being the worst team in the SPHL and worst team ever in Fayetteville hockey history isn't really that big of a deal.  It's now obvious that losing (a lot) doesn't really matter because it's all about having fun.  Who cares about winning hockey games when you can go on a Hawaiian themed road trip with the boys and act like it's a frat party.  This team had one game this week so there was plenty of time to practice, watch video and get ready for this game but it's quite apparent that it wasn't time well spent.....

1 hour ago, AfghanPiehole said:

I can understand having a little bit of fun but when you've only won 10 out of 45 games, have gone through three coaches (four if you include the two games Cruthers coachces), are on an 11 games losing streak, etc,  the last thing you need to do is act like being the worst team in the SPHL and worst team ever in Fayetteville hockey history isn't really that big of a deal.  It's now obvious that losing (a lot) doesn't really matter because it's all about having fun.  Who cares about winning hockey games when you can go on a Hawaiian themed road trip with the boys and act like it's a frat party.  This team had one game this week so there was plenty of time to practice, watch video and get ready for this game but it's quite apparent that it wasn't time well spent.....

Got to find ways to have fun somehow to get some players to comeback next year.  I guess its safe to say the coach isn't the problem.  Hopefully you guys can atleast start improving and win a few before season ends for some positivity to end the year.  

28 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Got to find ways to have fun somehow to get some players to comeback next year.  I guess its safe to say the coach isn't the problem.  Hopefully you guys can atleast start improving and win a few before season ends for some positivity to end the year.  

There's 11 games left and we have yet to win back to back games.  It's hard to say who to bring back or go with a complete rebuild at this point or if the problem is the constant changing of the coaches or the players since we've gone through so many of each.    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

Edited by Carlos Danger
duplicate post

10 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

10 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

Replied to my same post twice? 

5 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

There's 11 games left and we have yet to win back to back games.  It's hard to say who to bring back or go with a complete rebuild at this point or if the problem is the constant changing of the coaches or the players since we've gone through so many of each.    

So you think Phil (6-18-4) shoulda had more time?  LOL

7 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Did you forget that “Fayetteville Hockey History” equates 1 championship (over 10yrs ago) in 20 seasons?   It’s not like we’ve been a hotbed for success on or off the ice.  Might wanna climb down off that faux high horse you’re on. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MarksmenManiac said:

At this point in time he sure would have been the best to keep to do a rebuild thats for sure.  He had the nads to come out and say publicly what and where the problem was and was slowly working on the issues...This year did not matter so there was sure no rush!  Now even after a guy with little coaching success throws some away and picks up some new just to lose with bigger numbers everything Phil said is now 100% proven fact, He is the one with the last laugh on this one if anyone is laughing.

You few that were slamming him using FHL players are now watching another coach using FHL players to skate into the playoffs.  Yeah another one he is laughing at you for!  Enjoy!

11 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

11 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

Carlos Danger isn't Phil. Carlos has been on here far to long for Phil to takeover his body.

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Replied to my same post twice? 

Lets calm down before anything gets outta hand guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ain't being the laughing stock of the professional hockey world fun?  Hey, but the entertainment aspect is what it is really all about.  Looking forward to military appreciation night next Sat.  I thought we might have a chance to win a game against Evansville but they went into Peoria and took care of business. so...  Maybe just maybe FAY can beat Mississippi 1 of 3.  If FAY loses out 22 consecutive loses has to be some kind of pro hockey record, right?  

3 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

lmao  Nah, he had more than enough time.  

4 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

... If FAY loses out 22 consecutive loses has to be some kind of pro hockey record, right?  

Dunno a/b all of pro hockey (too much research required), but the Louisiana IceGators hold the SPHL record for longest winless streak in a single regular season: 0=18-2 from December 9, 2010 to January 20, 2011.  This Hockey News story cites the Washington Capitals' 1975-76 regular season futility, featuring a 25-game winless streak. So it seems the Marksmen have the incentive to win a few more, since they can't break the record.

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Dunno a/b all of pro hockey (too much research required), but the Louisiana IceGators hold the SPHL record for longest winless streak in a single regular season: 0=18-2 from December 9, 2010 to January 20, 2011. 

You weren’t around the SP then, JMC, so I don’t expect you to know this, but Louisiana was competitive for most all of those, unlike this Fayetteville flop. This was the transition in coaching to Killer as well, and he took the team to the playoffs the next year and one point shy of the regular season title two years later.