Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Pensacola 3/3/18 8:05 est

Recommended Posts

Bronner’s goal was the most amazing goal I have ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, robard said:

Bronner’s goal was the most amazing goal I have ever seen. 

How did you see it?  Pensacola cameraman can never keep up with the puck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

How did you see it?  Pensacola cameraman can never keep up with the puck.

I was being sarcastic, haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cameraman stinks.  Every breakaway thats happened the guy never gets the shot in view of the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those nights, we need Barone back ASAP. Zen just can't go back to back nights, not that the guys did him any favors tonight either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

One of those nights, we need Barone back ASAP. Zen just can't go back to back nights, not that the guys did him any favors tonight either.

We can't rely on our goalies to take on about 40 shots every night in goal and get beat in shots by huge margins every night.  We have just been spoiled and Barone has been on a very long hot streak.  He took over 40 shots starting for Greenville tonight and gave up 6 goals.  We need to tighten up our defense and quit relying on our goalies every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

We can't rely on our goalies to take on about 40 shots every night in goal and get beat in shots by huge margins every night.  We have just been spoiled and Barone has been on a very long hot streak.  He took over 40 shots starting for Greenville tonight and gave up 6 goals.  We need to tighten up our defense and quit relying on our goalies every night.

Which is why I said the guys didn't do him any favors tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shots on goal during win streak and last 2 losses in 11 games:

 

3/3/18 RYD 27 Pen 35

3/2/18 RYD 28 Pen 44

2/24/18 RYD 19 Miss 51

2/23/18 RYD 21 Miss 39

2/17/18 RYD 25 Hunt 35

2/16/18 RYD 25 Hunt 25

2/10/18 RYD 23 Knox 20

2/9/18 RYD 22 Fay 30

2/8/18 RYD 30 Fay 31

2/2/18 RYD 28 Knox 22

2/3/18 RYD 36 Knox 35

RYD total shots 293 Rest Vs 367

Avg game RYD 26.63 Rest Vs 33.36

Thats the reason I put that.  It hasn't just been the last game.  Our goalies have had to outplay the opposition to win or attempt to win 8 out 11 of our last games.  Only team we beat in shots was Knoxville for all 3 games.  But recently everyone has been destroying Knoxville in shots on goal.  It was a good streak, but we need to improve and not rely on our goalies so much.  Right now we will only go as far as our goalies will take us.  Look at the last few games it has progressively got a lot worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Shots on goal during win streak and last 2 losses in 11 games:

 

3/3/18 RYD 27 Pen 35

3/2/18 RYD 28 Pen 44

2/24/18 RYD 19 Miss 51

2/23/18 RYD 21 Miss 39

2/17/18 RYD 25 Hunt 35

2/16/18 RYD 25 Hunt 25

2/10/18 RYD 23 Knox 20

2/9/18 RYD 22 Fay 30

2/8/18 RYD 30 Fay 31

2/2/18 RYD 28 Knox 22

2/3/18 RYD 36 Knox 35

RYD total shots 293 Rest Vs 367

Avg game RYD 26.63 Rest Vs 33.36

Thats the reason I put that.  It hasn't just been the last game.  Our goalies have had to outplay the opposition to win or attempt to win 8 out 11 of our last games.  Only team we beat in shots was Knoxville for all 3 games.  But recently everyone has been destroying Knoxville in shots on goal.  It was a good streak, but we need to improve and not rely on our goalies so much.  Right now we will only go as far as our goalies will take us.  Look at the last few games it has progressively got a lot worse.

Good work, Greg.

It's amazing that the Dawgs got 3 out of 4 points in Mississippi last weekend with those numbers (and you could even count the Pensy win in with those two).

Hopefully Barone is on the way back to give Zenzola some relief.

Go Dawgs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can’t get myself to get too down after last night. The boys have been on a tear and a loss to Pensacola after handing it to them the night before is not too concerning. Regroup guys and get after Macon and Knoxville!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not getting down on them, i'm just stating the obvious.  Getting outshot by huge margins isn't going to win you many games unless your goaltending is spectacular.  I'm proud of our Dawgs.  But no matter how good a team is playing you can still make improvements.  The one big thing and about only complaint I can find is our shot totals versus other teams against us.  I'm pretty sure Bremner isn't just in film sessions patting the guys on the back during the streak.  He is preaching on what they can do to be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

Good work, Greg.

It's amazing that the Dawgs got 3 out of 4 points in Mississippi last weekend with those numbers (and you could even count the Pensy win in with those two).

Hopefully Barone is on the way back to give Zenzola some relief.

Go Dawgs.

 

Not looking good.  They have a game tomorrow night.  We might get lucky and get him back.  He was playing the best team in the league and put up a good showing.  Especially with as little offense output Greenville has.  We should expect something to happen with transactions for them.  Unless they decide to keep 3 goalies on the roster.  One SPHL team is likely to get someone back.  Greg Dodds in Macon, or Barone for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×