Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Noticed today  on the FHL website transactions, that Joe Pace SR. was "suspended indefinably"....

wonder why?

anyone know anything?

The Winston-Salem game story for Saturday night had this blurb: "The Prowlers were without their coach for Saturday’s game, Joe Pace Sr., who was suspended by the Federal Hockey League for his actions in Friday’s game with the Thunderbirds. Pace’s son, Joe Jr., scored a goal in the third period for the Prowlers. The Prowlers didn’t have a coach behind the bench for the game and had 14 players in uniform."

In the never-ending FHL drama, this game was the first game back for the Winston-Salem coach, who had been suspended fro swinging a stick.  From the same article: Niec drew a nice reception for his return to the bench after a 12-game suspension handed down by the Federal Hockey League. He was suspended for swinging a stick toward an official, and — after being introduced — Niec whipped out a small hockey stick to wave to the crowd. ...

34 minutes ago, Roanokefan1960 said:

Noticed today  on the FHL website transactions, that Joe Pace SR. was "suspended indefinably"....

wonder why?

anyone know anything?

Only thing i can think of is he was the one supposedly starting up the UHL.  Maybe it has something to do with that.  I read recaps and Port Huron beat Carolina both games this weekend and nothing about coach getting in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

The Winston-Salem game story for Saturday night had this blurb: "The Prowlers were without their coach for Saturday’s game, Joe Pace Sr., who was suspended by the Federal Hockey League for his actions in Friday’s game with the Thunderbirds. Pace’s son, Joe Jr., scored a goal in the third period for the Prowlers. The Prowlers didn’t have a coach behind the bench for the game and had 14 players in uniform."

In the never-ending FHL drama, this game was the first game back for the Winston-Salem coach, who had been suspended fro swinging a stick.  From the same article: Niec drew a nice reception for his return to the bench after a 12-game suspension handed down by the Federal Hockey League. He was suspended for swinging a stick toward an official, and — after being introduced — Niec whipped out a small hockey stick to wave to the crowd. ...

That would be it.  The recap I read said nothing about that.

Saw the video of the WS coach stick incident. This league continues to amaze me LOL. I don't understand why or how it keeps going.

1 minute ago, Roanokefan1960 said:

Saw the video of the WS coach stick incident. This league continues to amaze me LOL. I don't understand why or how it keeps going.

Here is Carolina facebook page talking about it.  Funny thing is Carolina coach just got back behind the bench this weekend for swinging at a ref with a stick. :yikes:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1741425715909808&id=1132544113464641

5 minutes ago, Roanokefan1960 said:

http://amzn.to/2FhrS0d   He takes a stab at explaining it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ShaunS said:

http://amzn.to/2FhrS0d   He takes a stab at explaining it.

lmao you got me I thought i was going to see an explanation.

5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Only thing i can think of is he was the one supposedly starting up the UHL.  Maybe it has something to do with that. ...

The notion that The Second Coming of the UHL will ever see the light of day (or the inside of arenas) is better left to hockey fans who have no other hope of a team in their towns.  Just be happy that the SPHL remains a relatively stable minor pro league with opportunities for growth.

7 hours ago, Roanokefan1960 said:

Joe Pace SR.

I saw this and wondered, "Is there a Joe Pace Jr.?"

He is 33, so I guess he could have been a Sr. :huh:

8 hours ago, MacGuy said:

I saw this and wondered, "Is there a Joe Pace Jr.?"

He is 33, so I guess he could have been a Sr. :huh:

Junior has been following Dad around - or vice versa - for a few years of pro hockey.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, Roanokefan1960 said:

wonder why?

anyone know anything?

Suspended Indefinitely is what is published when a suspension occurs before a hearing is held with the league office after the weekend.  if you notice the transactions, Monday, the suspension was defined.