Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

HockeyRoanoke

Mitchell Vandergunst

7 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Whats the deal here, is he coming back or not?

Looks like he might have pulled the retiring act again. He's only played around 20 games in each season of his career.  Only other options is to play overseas or the FHL.

Awards Earned

He was suspended by Norfolk, might have went home, heard he wasn't happy being called up and not playing as much, from what I understand talking with some Dawgs people is he wanted to be sent back down to Roanoke and for whatever reason Norfolk wouldn't release him so he left the team. I don't know if Roanoke can't take him back while being suspended in the ECHL I didn't think so but maybe as a courtesy Roanoke didn't let that be an option maybe to protect other players being able to be called up in the future.

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Looks like he might have pulled the retiring act again. He's only played around 20 games in each season of his career.  Only other options is to play overseas or the FHL.

Well, damn

2 hours ago, PlayaHtr said:

He was suspended by Norfolk, might have went home, heard he wasn't happy being called up and not playing as much, from what I understand talking with some Dawgs people is he wanted to be sent back down to Roanoke and for whatever reason Norfolk wouldn't release him so he left the team. I don't know if Roanoke can't take him back while being suspended in the ECHL I didn't think so but maybe as a courtesy Roanoke didn't let that be an option maybe to protect other players being able to be called up in the future.

When he was put on team suspension in Norfolk, that just means he is not allowed to play with any other ECHL team for the rest of the year.  If he wanted to come back to Roanoke and Bremner didn't want him, I believe we would have seen him in our transactions being waived.  We haven't, so that leads me to believe he is not playing anymore this year.  Either that or he is playing in another league outside of the ECHL and SPHL.  But then if he went to another league we would have probably seen him put on team suspension by us to keep his playing rights.  Which leads me to believe he just went home.  Not exactly sure when you would use the team suspension option.

Awards Earned

I guess Bremner can protect his SPHL rights for next season if he wants to? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I guess Bremner can protect his SPHL rights for next season if he wants to? 

Yes, but if he didn't want to come back this year, I wouldn't waste a spot on him.  He has already been on team suspension from more teams then a lot of players play for in their career.  We put him on it last year when we got his rights.  I'm also pretty sure Knoxville put him on team suspension last year..  Then Norfolk this year. That would make 3 times in less then 40 games played.  Big enough red flag for me to not use a spot for him.

Awards Earned