Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
thisguy

Fay/Evansville #44

What a Todd Bertuzzi move.... Brenden Mitchell You Pansy!!!!

Another loss 12 in a row

15 minutes ago, antman said:

Another loss 12 in a row

The only word to describe this season is pitiful ....... Was hoping for better results with all the hockey experience this new ownership group was supposed to have and talked about in the pre season....pretty sad .......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Where is all the talk from coach hangers around here?  Called for the last coaches head when he at least won a game here and there?   What a joke this is turning into.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dnf said:

The only word to describe this season is pitiful ....... Was hoping for better results with all the hockey experience this new ownership group was supposed to have and talked about in the pre season....pretty sad .......

But look at the bright side......With last night's loss, we're one game closer to setting the mark for worst ever winning % in Fayetteville hockey history.  Oh wait, that's not something you want to see happen.  lmao  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Five Hole said:

Where is all the talk from coach hangers around here?  Called for the last coaches head when he at least won a game here and there?   What a joke this is turning into.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to call for this one's head.  If no improvement you will have another head coach by next year.  :2thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I'm pretty sure you don't have to call for this one's head.  If no improvement you will have another head coach by next year.  :2thumbsup:

I bet it will be this year before next season. :doh:

9 hours ago, dnf said:

Maybe ownership needs to consider bringing back Kevin to run hockey Ops. He may not do well with putting butts in the seat but, he knows hockey and has brought in good talent in the past.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Maybe ownership needs to consider bringing back Kevin to run hockey Ops. He may not do well with putting butts in the seat but, he knows hockey and has brought in good talent in the past.

Ay caramba! Fayetteville needs both butts in the seats AND good talent. 

57 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Rest assured, that will NEVER happen. That would 100% put an end to hockey all together in Fayetteville. How soon we forget.....

Did any of the FAY faithful notice that D-man Junior Harris was playing forward last night on the Hauswirth- Hill line?  The way Spano skated from one crease to the other during the dust-up maybe he should be given a try on offense.  Captain obvious says the penalty kill needs a little work.

57 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Rest assured, that will NEVER happen. That would 100% put an end to hockey all together in Fayetteville. How soon we forget.....

I know it will never happen but, they need someone with experience to run hockey ops. Kevin under new ownership could make it happen. He is better at team operations than running/owning a team. He was the all time points leader in Europe lol. He brought in Mark DeSantis as coach and this ownership turned him down for a second chance in the SPHL.

The players here have accepted that losing is a viable option, and therefore have quit playing for the win, can't really blame them....and at this point of the season the attitude is "who cares".

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, averagejoe said:

The players here have accepted that losing is a viable option, and therefore have quit playing for the win, can't really blame them....and at this point of the season the attitude is "who cares".

I agree with this statement 100% except you have to make an exception for Hauswirth. He skates hard every shift, he is animated when they score and last night he was very vocal at some of the other players when they made mental mistakes.  Even in the paper today he called out his teammates for taking stupid penalties. "Something he says they have done all year and don't seem to learn their lesson", he said.

Edited by Make Marky GM

The should protect this year Junior, Jake and Hill and let the rest of them "Take The Noon Balloon To Saskatoon"

I just hope that Jake decides to return next season and not retire. He's the glue that holds this team together. Off season, I'll be watching to see what moves ownership takes to improve the team starting with the player protected list.

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

I agree with this statement 100% except you have to make an exception for Hauswirth. He skates hard every shift, he is animated when they score and last night he was very vocal at some of the other players when they made mental mistakes.  Even in the paper today he called out his teammates for taking stupid penalties. "Something he says they have done all year and don't seem to learn their lesson", he said.

Yeah which is long past due, Seems a coach did the same a while back and some were up in arms? In cases like this those that dont put out get called out and then thrown out. This team was long past due for total rebuild and that was put in public print.    Love the fact that this just proves the point that this is not a coach issue and proves the agenda of a couple.

14 hours ago, Five Hole said:

I'm no expert, but it would seem he has been placed in a less than favorable situation.  That's just speculation, though.

30 minutes ago, Five Hole said:

Yeah which is long past due, Seems a coach did the same a while back and some were up in arms? In cases like this those that dont put out get called out and then thrown out. This team was long past due for total rebuild and that was put in public print.    Love the fact that this just proves the point that this is not a coach issue and proves the agenda of a couple.

It might not be a coach's problem but it is their job to run a team the right way and take full control of the team. After the games in Peoria, everyone was fighting with each other and fighting with the coach.  Not very healthy atmosphere for any team.  It is a sign the coach has lost his team.  Which is why I believe they made the move.  If your locker room is out of control it's the coach's job to make the moves to correct it.  I'm not sure who the bad apples were in the lineup but atleast they are trying to make moves to correct things.  

7 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

It might not be a coach's problem but it is their job to run a team the right way and take full control of the team. After the games in Peoria, everyone was fighting with each other and fighting with the coach.  Not very healthy atmosphere for any team.  It is a sign the coach has lost his team.  Which is why I believe they made the move.  If your locker room is out of control it's the coach's job to make the moves to correct it.  I'm not sure who the bad apples were in the lineup but atleast they are trying to make moves to correct things.  

The players being called out for crappy play were the ones talking the loudest against the coach after being called out in public. I believe Phil waited to long to dump half the players on that team and as now which is being proven that the owners may have wanted to listen to their coach and not the players because as is shown weeks down the road that they still suck. Regardless who is in charge half of these players need to be replaced with up coming FHL players just like Roanoke did on their march to the playoffs. These players are pitiful playing together. 6-8 maybe worth keeping the rest back to lower leagues.

15 minutes ago, Five Hole said:

The players being called out for crappy play were the ones talking the loudest against the coach after being called out in public. I believe Phil waited to long to dump half the players on that team and as now which is being proven that the owners may have wanted to listen to their coach and not the players because as is shown weeks down the road that they still suck. Regardless who is in charge half of these players need to be replaced with up coming FHL players just like Roanoke did on their march to the playoffs. These players are pitiful playing together. 6-8 maybe worth keeping the rest back to lower leagues.

What gets me is Esposito's comments after he was fired.  Saying "There's not a lot of leeway to kind of do what you want here in terms of decision making".  Not sure what he meant by that.  We can only speculate.  Maybe that the owners wouldn't let him have full control over the team.  Maybe they wouldn't let him get rid of some of the guys he wanted to.  Whatever he meant, we know it was a bad situation.  To me they need to hire someone with some experience and give him pretty much full control on running the team.  Sounds like the best option to me.  They have learned everything they've done this year has been no good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

What gets me is Esposito's comments after he was fired.  Saying "There's not a lot of leeway to kind of do what you want here in terms of decision making".  Not sure what he meant by that.  We can only speculate.  Maybe that the owners wouldn't let him have full control over the team.  Maybe they wouldn't let him get rid of some of the guys he wanted to.  Whatever he meant, we know it was a bad situation.  To me they need to hire someone with some experience and give him pretty much full control on running the team.  Sounds like the best option to me.  They have learned everything they've done this year has been no good.

You dont have to speculate..His hands were tied from the jump. Jr would have had a few ex and current FHL players working with him if he could have pulled the trigger. Its a fact that Phil is a hard arse coach and will say and tell anyone just how it is when it comes to playing for him and his past is in only the FHL but that past has been nothing but a positive and there is no doubt that if Phil is complaining about your play in public shows he could not do anything about it on the ice. If that was the case that player/players would not be present long enough to complain about in public. 

20 hours ago, antman said:

The should protect this year Junior, Jake and Hill and let the rest of them "Take The Noon Balloon To Saskatoon"

How about the players in the ECHL? They may or may not make a roster spot which we will have the rights.