Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
thisguy

Fay/Evansville #44

Eight games left. Shoot the moon and go 0-8 and you have the SPHL record losing streak by one over Louisiana’s 20. I’m rooting for you guys. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Eight games left. Shoot the moon and go 0-8 and you have the SPHL record losing streak by one over Louisiana’s 20. I’m rooting for you guys. 

It's actually 9 games left.  Having watched all of the their games this calendar year either in person or the road games on SPHL live, being totally honest I do not see anyway FAY can win a game. If Patterson would come back and play in goal the odds go up a little.  If a player or two comes back from the ECHL the odds go up a little.  Towards the end of the season IF the last 3 games against MAC, EVN and MRK are meaningless to them in the standings FAY might catch them on an off night and have a chance.  But  a 22 game losing streak and a 23 game winless streak are real possibilities.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, 72Vette said:

Maybe ownership needs to consider bringing back Kevin to run hockey Ops. He may not do well with putting butts in the seat but, he knows hockey and has brought in good talent in the past.

Lol

On 3/11/2018 at 10:46 AM, 72Vette said:

I know it will never happen but, they need someone with experience to run hockey ops. Kevin under new ownership could make it happen. He is better at team operations than running/owning a team. He was the all time points leader in Europe lol. He brought in Mark DeSantis as coach and this ownership turned him down for a second chance in the SPHL.

Kevin was the shepherd of 1 championship in 15 years!!!  In 15 seasons as GM, we won 1 time.   Come on guys.  Get a grip.  

• Like 1

Don't bother trying to explain or figure it out Maniac. MacNaught and other owners were here for 15 years - those here complained and bitched about getting rid of them constantly. No matter the players, the coach, the record, the attendance....yada...yada....they still complained, moaned, and groaned. New owners come in, save hockey in Fayetteville, having to spend a TON to rebrand - because of the "swamp" the previous group had created in town - and they STILL complain, moan, and groan. There is nothing that will satisfy this forum crowd. I am convinced that not even a 56-0-0 record, sold out home games, season title, and a President's Cup would satisfy them! It won't ever change.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Don't bother trying to explain or figure it out Maniac. MacNaught and other owners were here for 15 years - those here complained and bitched about getting rid of them constantly. No matter the players, the coach, the record, the attendance....yada...yada....they still complained, moaned, and groaned. New owners come in, save hockey in Fayetteville, having to spend a TON to rebrand - because of the "swamp" the previous group had created in town - and they STILL complain, moan, and groan. There is nothing that will satisfy this forum crowd. I am convinced that not even a 56-0-0 record, sold out home games, season title, and a President's Cup would satisfy them! It won't ever change.

Even if all that happened in the same season it wouldn't satisfy them.....

Just now, MarksmenArtist said:

Yep...that's what I was implying. :sad:

My bad....

14 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

But they didn't assemble the worst team in the history of  Fayetteville hockey. Sure, they didn't do a very good job of filling seats the last few seasons but we also never had as much trouble winning games.  The current ownership group has done a phenomenal job of marketing, coming up with new promotions and generating excitement for hockey once again.  Now if they could dramatically improve the on ice product, all will be good to go.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

I have To agree with you. These people literally come on here just to run their mouths.  It’s embarrassing.  I honestly Don’t know why the league even has this forum. All it is, is a hate filled forum.  Sad.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

But they didn't assemble the worst team in the history of  Fayetteville hockey. Sure, they didn't do a very good job of filling seats the last few seasons but we also never had as much trouble winning games.  The current ownership group has done a phenomenal job of marketing, coming up with new promotions and generating excitement for hockey once again.  Now if they could dramatically improve the on ice product, all will be good to go.   

Guess what... we had the 2nd best team in the league last year, AND NOBODY CARED!  Nobody came to the games.  The team went broke.  The new guys bought the team in order to save it from folding.   Winning is not synonymous with success.  When will you guys get that?  And who cares if they didn’t have the worst team in the league?  They literally won 1 championship in 15 tries.  That’s not success.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MarksmenManiac said:

... I honestly Don’t know why the league even has this forum. ...

The League doesn't have this forum.  It is privately owned & operated by a fellow hockey fan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes, but....the league promotes it on their website www.thesphl.com thus the obvious approval of it. People have all sorts of personal social media where they can spew their opinions, good or bad. A few years ago I found good info here, but it has spiraled downward over the past two years. People do love negativity and drama, that's for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

... A few years ago I found good info here, but it has spiraled downward over the past two years. People do love negativity and drama, that's for sure.

Two things you can do about that: (1) Contribute only to positive content on this Board; (2) find your muse elsewhere.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

Two things you can do about that: (1) Contribute only to positive content on this Board; (2) find your muse elsewhere.

Post of the Year. No Decade.:2thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

IMHO, Artist is one of the most positive posters on the board. You can tell she loves the team.

An before someone makes it an issue, yes you can love the team and still be critical.

Edited by Roanokehockey
  • Like 3

Yep, I do love the team (Fayetteville hockey) as a whole. Not just a certain group of players. Yes, I can be critical too, but I have found that focusing on the negatives or things I wish were different in ANY aspect of life only tends to magnify them. However, I understand that venting can be good for the soul too. I just choose not to do it publicly.

And on that note.....GO MARKSMEN! Still proud to be a fan.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Notice the only people to put a heart on this post are the same people always posting negative stuff?  Birds of a feather...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2018 at 11:11 PM, MarksmenArtist said:

Dang right!  You know they'd raise ticket prices if that happened.

19 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

An before someone makes it an issue, yes you can love the team and still be critical.

False! If you love the league you DON'T CRITCIZE IT! Love the league or leave the league! Make the SPHL Great Again!

2 hours ago, Harlan said:

False! If you love the league you DON'T CRITCIZE IT! Love the league or leave the league! Make the SPHL Great Again!

And build a wall around it! And make the other leagues pay for the wall!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1