Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Transactions

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Speaking of ECHL call-ups here is a trivia question for you.  If you get it right without looking it up you go straight to the ranks of big time minor league hockey fan.

Out of the 27 teams in the ECHL, 26 of them have called up at least one SPHL player to their roster this season. Name the one team that has not went the call-up route as of 2/20/2018.

I'll post the answer tomorrow on the slight chance anyone cares!

Manchester? Colorado? 

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Speaking of ECHL call-ups here is a trivia question for you.  If you get it right without looking it up you go straight to the ranks of big time minor league hockey fan.

Out of the 27 teams in the ECHL, 26 of them have called up at least one SPHL player to their roster this season. Name the one team that has not went the call-up route as of 2/20/2018.

I think its a trick question, from what I see every team has had a SPHL player on its roster.  They might not have been directly called up but through trades as far as I can tell all 27 teams

27 minutes ago, JustinIceBears said:

Manchester? Colorado? 

Manchester= Tommy Kelley (Knoxville)

Colorado= Ryan Siiro (Peoria)

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

OK, I think I figured out his answer but its wrong.......he is going to say Kalamazoo but they to have had an SPHL player.  The Sin Bin just doesn't show that the Wheeling Nailers traded Roanoke player Colin Murray to the Kalamazoo Wings where he played until they waived him.  So my answer is every ECHL team has had players from the SPHL.

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

OK, I think I figured out his answer but its wrong.......he is going to say Kalamazoo but they to have had an SPHL player.  The Sin Bin just doesn't show that the Wheeling Nailers traded Roanoke player Colin Murray to the Kalamazoo Wings where he played until they waived him.  So my answer is every ECHL team has had players from the SPHL.

Re-read the question Greg81102.  Out of the 27 teams in the ECHL, 26 of them have called up at least one SPHL player to their roster. Name the one team that has not went the call-up route as of 02/20/2018.  Your analysis, although correct for the direction you went in does not answer the specific question.  In the original question trades aren't mentioned. Is it possible you are a lawyer by trade?  

The correct answer to the original trivia question is; Kalamazoo as they are the only Coast team to not call-up a SPHL player.  Atlanta leads with 15, Norfolk is next with 12 and Greenville has 10. (Disclaimer for the lawyers in the crowd:  That is the numbers they have called up from the SPHL not traded for or claimed off waivers or any other means of acquiring a former or current  SPHL player or in the words of the Peoria announcer "or an agent thereof." over and over and over again)  All in fun.

28 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Re-read the question Greg81102.  Out of the 27 teams in the ECHL, 26 of them have called up at least one SPHL player to their roster. Name the one team that has not went the call-up route as of 02/20/2018.  Your analysis, although correct for the direction you went in does not answer the specific question.  In the original question trades aren't mentioned. Is it possible you are a lawyer by trade?  

The correct answer to the original trivia question is; Kalamazoo as they are the only Coast team to not call-up a SPHL player.  Atlanta leads with 15, Norfolk is next with 12 and Greenville has 10. (Disclaimer for the lawyers in the crowd:  That is the numbers they have called up from the SPHL not traded for or claimed off waivers or any other means of acquiring a former or current  SPHL player or in the words of the Peoria announcer "or an agent thereof." over and over and over again)  All in fun.

LOL, no not a lawyer.  I just used the sin bin's call up tracker as a cheat sheet and noticed I didn't see Kalamazoo anywhere and never would have known any difference if Colin Murray didn't play for my team, Roanoke.  The sinbin doesn't even show him being traded.  Must have slipped by them. I just did a little more digging then I had to for your question.  My fault.:dizzy:

Anthony Flaherty and Tyler Palmer have been traded to Fayetteville in exchange for defenseman Sean Robertson.

Flaherty

YEAR TEAM Lge. GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2017/2018 Knoxville SPHL 34 9 11 20 -8 29

Palmer

YEAR TEAM Lge. GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2017/2018 Knoxville SPHL 31 3 9 12 +7 29
  • Like 2

Not sure I understand this one.  Flaherty has severely diminished ice time lately, so "meh".  Palmer and Robertson are basically the same player, statistically speaking.

4 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Robertson is a good defenseman, but takes lots of call ups.

If I am not mistaken, he played for Carr on an ECHL call up in the past.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, Carey Mahoney said:

If I am not mistaken, he played for Carr on an ECHL call up in the past.

Yes he did 

Mikhail Bushinski
Forward
Born Nov 20 1992  -- Woodbury, MN 
Height 5.10 -- Weight 185

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011-12  Fresno Monsters             NAHL   60   17   16   33   81  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Fresno Monsters             NAHL   16    5    6   11    2  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Kalamazoo Jr. K Wings       NAHL   20    1    5    6   10  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Kenai River Brown Bears     NAHL   26    2   14   16   53   5   1   1   2   2
2013-14  Utica College               ECAC-  14    2    1    3   14
2015-16  Utica College               ECAC-  24    2   10   12    8
2016-17  Utica College               ECAC-  25    6   13   19   22
2017-18  Utica College               UCHC   22    6   15   21   16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current statistics as of 2018-03-08

Looks like Knoxville got a fighter.  Great idea since we don't use the one we have.  I guess Carr can put him up on the shelf and talk about him like it means something.

He seems to go in spurts. In his second NAHL season, he averaged over 16 PIM's per game in just 8 of 49 games. The rest of the season ranged from 0 to 6 per game. A trend that continued in college.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:35 PM, MacGuy said:

And it's official.

Tommy Kelley (LW) - loaned to ECHL Worcester

So much for Atlanta hanging onto him.

Natick’s Tommy Kelley one happy and skilled rookie forward in Worcester

By Bill Ballou - [Worcester] Telegram & Gazette

WORCESTER — The thing is about Tommy Kelley, the Railers’ rookie forward, is that while he’s had a bad game or two, he has never had a bad day.

There are Worcester records for most goals, assists, penalties in minutes, et cetera, and Terry Virtue owns most of them. There are records for shutouts and saves, and Al Stalock holds most of those, but there is no official record for the happiest hockey player in the city’s pro history. 

The previous unofficial record holder in that department was probably IceCats goalie Mike Buzak, who used to roam the subterranean corridors of the then-Centrum singing at the top of his lungs, sometimes about teammate Libor Zabransky, the Czech defenseman. 

Kelley hasn’t broken into song, at least not yet, but he has broken Buzak’s record for good moods.

The 23-year-old Natick native comes to the rink every day smiling, practices with a smile and heads home with a smile. Railers assistant coach Terry Bangen is 66 years old, has been around the game for more than a half-century, and was asked to compare Kelley to other players he’s coached.

“Never seen anyone like him,” Bangen said.

Read more at: http://www.telegram.com/news/20180315/railers-naticks-tommy-kelley-one-happy-and-skilled-rookie-forward-in-worcester