Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
fred

I think

Should the same courtesy be extended to First Responders ... presuming they're not on duty?  :usa:

36 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Should the same courtesy be extended to First Responders ... presuming they're not on duty?  :usa:

Unless they are connected to the military, no, not on this particular promotion night. 

I read somewhere that concessions proceeds do not go to the Marksmen.  If this is so, when they have a promotion such as $2 beer night who foots the bill to the vendor for the difference?  It would come from the team's operating budget, correct? Educate me.

I believe it would be the least we could do for Veterans. In fact all bars should probably do the same thing.

7 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

I read somewhere that concessions proceeds do not go to the Marksmen.  If this is so, when they have a promotion such as $2 beer night who foots the bill to the vendor for the difference?  It would come from the team's operating budget, correct? Educate me.

I would assume it is solely at the vendor's discretion.  They decide to participate or not in a food/beverage promotion.  I wouldn't think anyone pays any differences.  Maybe there's a promo bill as a general cost for doing the event, but that would be about it.

Well if the VBC won't do it, another good option would be for everybody to ask the person next to them if they are a veteran and if so buy them a beer.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, Carey Mahoney said:

I would assume it is solely at the vendor's discretion.  They decide to participate or not in a food/beverage promotion.  I wouldn't think anyone pays any differences.  Maybe there's a promo bill as a general cost for doing the event, but that would be about it.

Teams' contracts with their arena management may or may not give them a slice of the revenue. In any case, it doesn't cost the venue more than $2 per beer, hot dog, soda, etc so there's still some profit to be made, just not as much as when beer is at regular price. The vendor sure is not losing any money with these promotions.

1 hour ago, fred said:

Who cares about all that? The point is the veterans should be honored  with some beer.

Others made comments about the vendor and the promotional process as part of this thread- those are who care. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Others made comments about the vendor and the promotional process as part of this thread- those are who care. 

I guess I should say at this point- Fred I agree with you 100%.  No matter the venue Vets should always get the 1st one on the house with a big thank you. It's not that I care about who pays what or when it's just that finances or lack of is what drives decisions sometimes.  Thank You for your service to all Veterans. 

Edited by Make Marky GM

On 3/14/2018 at 11:05 AM, Make Marky GM said:

On 3/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, fred said:

Here in Huntsville the team and the VBC(arena)  are partners.

On 3/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, Carey Mahoney said:

On 3/16/2018 at 2:17 PM, fred said:

Well if the VBC won't do it, another good option would be for everybody to ask the person next to them if they are a veteran and if so buy them a beer.

18 hours ago, hockeydoc said:

Teams' contracts with their arena management may or may not give them a slice of the revenue. In any case, it doesn't cost the venue more than $2 per beer, hot dog, soda, etc so there's still some profit to be made, just not as much as when beer is at regular price. The vendor sure is not losing any money with these promotions.

9 hours ago, fred said:

Who cares about all that? The point is the veterans should be honored  with some beer.

The points are: even you deviated from the main topic of this thread; members asked/responded to posts in this thread, and whether they agree or disagree with you does not make them irrelevant; and yes, the veterans are being honored tonight, just maybe not with $2 beer (perhaps management could pony up 1 or more if an attendee showed their ID card- hint, hint)

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, PlannedObsolescence said:

The points are: even you deviated from the main topic of this thread; members asked/responded to posts in this thread, and whether they agree or disagree with you does not make them irrelevant; and yes, the veterans are being honored tonight, just maybe not with $2 beer (perhaps management could pony up 1 or more if an attendee showed their ID card- hint, hint)

Hey dingbat, Who cares what the venue pays for Hot Dogs. Who cares what they pay for Sodas etc. Who cares if there is still profit to be made. Cheap beer should be made available to all veterans at all times!

4 hours ago, fred said:

Hey dingbat, Who cares what the venue pays for Hot Dogs. Who cares what they pay for Sodas etc. Who cares if there is still profit to be made. Cheap beer should be made available to all veterans at all times!

Let me take a wild stabbing guess- you are a veteran.

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Let me take a wild stabbing guess- you are a veteran.

Dang, nothing gets by you. I bet nobody else on here would have figured that out.

1 hour ago, fred said:

Dang, nothing gets by you. I bet nobody else on here would have figured that out.

I thought you were a veterinarian with a cheap drinking habit.  :dawg1: