Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
dnf

President / COO

According to the SPHL Careers Page , the hockey team in Fayetteville is looking for a President / COO ....

HMMMM...Thats the postion that Longo currently holds

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, scline74 said:

HMMMM...Thats the postion that Longo currently holds

Longo is currently Owner/President. It's possible, as part owner he wants to bow out of the day to day operations.  I get exhausted just reading the job requirements.  

Organization:     Fayetteville Marksmen – Southern Professional Hockey League
Position Title:     President/COO
Reports to:         Owner           

BACKGROUND
The Fayetteville Marksmen are a professional minor league hockey club. They compete in the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) and play their home games at the Crown Complex in Cumberland County. 

SUMMARY
The President/COO along with the ownership group is responsible for the overall strategic vision of the franchise including the execution of the key goals for the organization.  All planning and day-to-day operations of the franchise will be the direct responsibility of the President/COO including the accountability for managing and driving forward all club business operations including sponsorship sales, ticket sales, premium seat and suite sales, box office, broadcast rights and operations and new media publications. The immediate priority of the President will be to increase all team revenue streams and subsequently hike the overall profitability of the franchise. 

JOB DUTIES
- Managing, coaching and mentoring direct reports including all revenue producing areas such as ticket sales and corporate partnership staff       
  members.
- Create a standard of performance (including goals and bonus structures) for staff to be evaluated on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Recruiting and maintaining a motivated and professionally trained sales staff.
- Responsible for the yearly promotional calendar, theme nights and special events.
- Crafting and executing the club’s annual ticket sales budget, business plan and strategy.
- Create close relationships with key constituents within the marketplace such as community leaders and business executives.
- Serve as the primary liaison with arena management.
- Work with the operations staff to ensure the optimal game day experience for the fans.
- Organizing and directing sales staff to insure maximum efficiency and coverage of key market segments and industry sectors.
- Oversee service and retention strategy, budgeting responsibility, game day experience.
- Represent team at numerous community events throughout the year and actively assist in grassroots marketing efforts to build fan base.
- Provide outstanding customer service to Fayetteville Marksmen fans.

EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field from accredited four-year college or university;
- Minimum of 5-7 years working with a professional sports organization.  The ideal person will bring major league concepts to this minor league team.
- Superior communication skills, collaborative with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in sponsorship and/or ticket sales – in terms of both personal accomplishments and leading successful sales teams.
- Experience managing a diverse staff of both full-time and part-time employees.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles including income statements, balance sheets and General Ledger accounting.
- Strong sense of professionalism and friendly in-person and on-phone demeanor.
- The desire to embrace a team-first mentality in a startup environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel. 
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while juggling many tasks at once. Excellent time management is required.  
- Willingness and ability to work long hours, including holidays and weekends as required.

Interested applicants should email a current resume to Jeff Longo at jlongo@marksmenhockey.com 
Edited by Make Marky GM

Yes I know I read through the requirements and thought damn. That's some serious prerequisites. The possibility of bowing out is probably true. The team needs someone who is located in Fayetteville and not in Charllotte thats 3 hours away . Trying to run a staff from that distance especially this young staff of the marksmen front office is not really possible.

• Like 1

I'm not prepared to take the job this time, but does anyone know if it will be available again later this season?

1 hour ago, Carey Mahoney said:

I'm not prepared to take the job this time, but does anyone know if it will be available again later this season?

If you believe Marky & scline, the position will NEVER be filled.  I reckon neither of them has had much experience in job hunting for such a lofty position.

5 hours ago, dnf said:

According to the SPHL Careers Page , the hockey team in Fayetteville is looking for a President / COO ....

I've heard they had some good inquiries. One, a former bench boss.

2 hours ago, 72Vette said:

I've heard they had some good inquiries. One, a former bench boss.

You can have Mike Murray.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

If you believe Marky & scline, the position will NEVER be filled.  I reckon neither of them has had much experience in job hunting for such a lofty position.

LMAO.  I am old man. I've done my time.  How can saying the job requirements exhaust me turn into me not thinking the job will be filled?  SMH.  And you being a so-called senior moderator.Jeez.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

"The immediate priority of the President will be to increase all team revenue streams and subsequently hike the overall profitability of the franchise." 

This statement in the job description is concerning ......

49 minutes ago, dnf said:

This statement in the job description is concerning ......

I would think the same statement applies to the management of the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees.

Basic job description, put a good product on ice, butts in the seat and ink as many STH/sponsors as possible. Easy! :eyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 72Vette said:

Basic job description, put a good product on ice, butts in the seat and ink as many STH/sponsors as possible. Easy! :eyes:

Kevin McNaught

On 3/16/2018 at 12:20 PM, JMC-STL said:

Haha....whatever man...thats not what I meant at all. Trust me they will fill the position. If they get all the requirements then he or she will be well qualified.  I also know they want someone local and not to say the person won't relocate.  But Fayetteville does not provide a huge market for hiring those qualifications.  Business degree yes but sports management experience is gonna be tough. 

So assume that I meant that they would never fill that position is a ignorant statement. I know it will be filled trust me on that fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hell, i think about half of the people on this forum could do the job cause they seem to know everything to make this team perfect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

If they want someone local,  the GM of the Fayetteville Swampdogs would make a good choice.   He has a degree and plenty of sports management experience.  With the Astross coming in here next year with a minor league team, he might be interested.   He has a lot of community knowledge for sponsors, etc.  Just my thoughts. 

Edited by pitch01
add content
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, puckcounter said:

Kevin McNaught

Don’t ever make a comment like that on here ever again.  He can go start a team in Winston Salem or anywhere for that matter.  

2 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Don’t ever make a comment like that on here ever again.  He can go start a team in Winston Salem or anywhere for that matter.  

LOL

6 hours ago, pitch01 said:

If they want someone local,  the GM of the Fayetteville Swampdogs would make a good choice.   He has a degree and plenty of sports management experience.  With the Astross coming in here next year with a minor league team, he might be interested.   He has a lot of community knowledge for sponsors, etc.  Just my thoughts. 

Hmmmm. That's and interesting idea. Your right .Wonder if he is looking .

On 3/17/2018 at 3:59 AM, MarksmenArtist said:

Again...as usual...another silly statement. MacNaught needs to stick to selling used cars.

You need be beside him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I wouldn't want to show anyone up with my super-duper, awesome sales ability. I'll leave the car selling to those who do it for a living, just as I'll leave the negative, smarmy, childish comments to those who do that too.