Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Marksmen drop home finale, 6-1

March 31, 2018

11:43 AM EDT

Fayetteville, NC – The Macon Mayhem dominated the Marksmen from start to finish, earning a 6-1 decision on Fan Appreciation Night at the Crown Coliseum, Friday night during the final home game of the 2017-2018 season. ...

View the full article

I know it's been a tough season to endure in Fayetteville, but I hope the Marksmen fans gave their team a standing ovation at the end of this final home game of 2017-18 to show their appreciation for the players who stuck around.  :NC:

• Like 2

I keep telling myself that bad hockey is better than no hockey. I have faith in the ownership to learn from this season and build a better product for next season. They are hockey guys and want to win as much as we do. :2thumbsup:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

I keep telling myself that bad hockey is better than no hockey. I have faith in the ownership to learn from this season and build a better product for next season. They are hockey guys and want to win as much as we do. :2thumbsup:

Well atleast you can tell the new owners seem to have the business side of owning a team down pretty well.  Kind of weird how things turned out for Fayetteville for the last two years.  Last year, one of the best teams in the league with attendance way down.  This year, one of the worst teams in league history but your attendance is back up to respectable numbers.  Drawing over 1000 more fans a game.  So obviously they are doing something right.  Now just need to field a competitive team and hockey in Fayettesville can only go up from here.  I'm rooting for you guys next year except for probably about 13 games.  :2thumbsup:

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

I know it's been a tough season to endure in Fayetteville, but I hope the Marksmen fans gave their team a standing ovation at the end of this final home game of 2017-18 to show their appreciation for the players who stuck around.  :NC:

They did. Fayetteville fans love their players win or lose (of course, some fans are exceptions).  When trailing 4-0 last night Fayetteville scored their lone goal and the fans erupted as if it was an overtime winner.  It's hard to imagine a complete turn around in performance in one year but I think the owners will continue to learn and improve.

• Like 2

As far as the quality of player recruited...yes, things are much improved. No,doubt we have enough quality players now to form a decent protected list.

18 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Definitely keep Bierchen. Really has turned the ship around. 

Aren't we 1-12 since Bierchen took over though?

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 3:47 PM, MarksmenManiac said:

Aren't we 1-12 since Bierchen took over though?

Sure are lol. Kick his ass to the curb and bring in Boom Boom from Columbus!