Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Future

What If Columbus Returns what will their Name be

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wait until after Fayetteville (NC) chooses between Woodpeckers and Fatbacks for the name of their new (2019) Class A Houston Astros minor league team. The one they don't pick Columbus can use.  Gooo Peckers

Edited by Make Marky GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Wait until after Fayetteville (NC) chooses between Woodpeckers and Fatbacks for the name of their new (2019) Class A Houston Astros minor league team. The one they don't pick Columbus can use.  Gooo Peckers

I thought they were going to take the fireantz name 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you could change any team name in the league who would it be

Edited by FlyersFan17
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

The leafs changed this past fall.

Typo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, PlannedObsolescence said:

She kept hockey going in Columbus, GA, for a long time, losing a lot of money in the process over the years.Plus, there's the Amos Foundation that does a lot of good work there. I don't think "they don't like her" is a widespread consensus in Columbus and the surrounding area.

She stopped. That's why they don't like her ....

This post was edited by the Moderating Team.  Please refrain from name-calling.  Refer to the Board Guidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fred said:

She stopped. That's why they don't like her ....

This post was edited by the Moderating Team.  Please refrain from name-calling.  Refer to the Board Guidelines.

That’s what I mean 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 12:13 PM, FlyersFan17 said:

Wanda owns the name no one wants pay for the name because they don’t like her 

GTFOH. Fake news, kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 2:23 PM, FlyersFan17 said:

20 years I heard people talking about it 

Birthdate on your profile is 2001. Did I sleep through three years or something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Birthdate on your profile is 2001. Did I sleep through three years or something?

Edited by FlyersFan17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a dead theard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FlyersFan17 said:

This is a dead theard (sic)

That it is. You know not whence you speak. Wanda has offered the Snakes logo and trademark for a nominal fee for anyone who wants it. She just spent a ton of money on the reboot/rebrand last season so it’s only fair for her to recoup some of that. 

Edited by Carlos Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

That it is. You know not whence you speak. Wanda has offered the Snakes logo and trademark for a nominal fee for anyone who wants it. She just spent a ton of money on the reboot/rebrand last season so it’s only fair for her to recoup some of that. 

OK I guess y'all are right I just upset that we don't have a team

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not name related but has anyone heard anything related to Columbus recently? When the Fidel Jenkins deal went belly up Combs made it sound like there were other promising prospective owners but there hasn't been any other news since then that I have heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

Not name related but has anyone heard anything related to Columbus recently? When the Fidel Jenkins deal went belly up Combs made it sound like there were other promising prospective owners but there hasn't been any other news since then that I have heard.

I heard some Birmingham people are trying to get a Team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyersFan17 said:

OK I guess y'all are right I just upset that we don't have a team

 

 

You have a right to be upset. Saying “no one likes Wanda” and spreading something you know to be untrue is a whole different story. If it weren’t for Wanda’s passion for the team, Columbus would have lost the Snakes five years earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Birmingham last night and I heard the same thing, some people that have interest in Birmingham also looking at Columbus franchise as well as Quad City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

You have a right to be upset. Saying “no one likes Wanda” and spreading something you know to be untrue is a whole different story. If it weren’t for Wanda’s passion for the team, Columbus would have lost the Snakes five years earlier. 

I was just mad but I wasn't saying I didn't like her talking about different people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Captain_Crosscheck said:

Columbus will not have a team until the lawsuits have been settled with the players that were injured in the bus crash. 

This makes a lot of sense.  I think that is possibly the Genesis of the Columbus Exodus.

Edited by Carey Mahoney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

  I think that is possibly the Genesis of the Columbus Exodus.

Followed by (there are additional books in the Roman Catholic, Orthodox Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Slavonic Orthodox, and Georgian Orthodox Old Testament)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just couldn't bring yourself to  Mahoney's post & move on, eh Perfesser?  <_<

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×